Intern license renewal while retaking CPJE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm28

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had the experience of needing to renew their Intern License while in the process of retaking the CPJE. Are there any restrictions in being able to renew the intern license after graduating?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think you can renew your interns license unless it takes you longer than expected to be graduated from pharm school. The intern license is provided so that the students or post grads can legally work and earn enough hours (1500hrs) for taking the board exams. I believe the interns license is set to expire about a year after you graduate from pharm school is also for that purpose. I remember reading it from the board's website somewhere.

Contact the board and if you can renew your intern license let us know. It might be a good question on the CPJE exam. Good luck!

I believe you are allowed to renew it for an additional year but yeah, check with the BOP.

hello,

did you find out status about license renewal from boards web site while retaking CPJE.I am in the same boat.Please let me know