Intact Prostate Cancer Discussion - SBRT, Brachytherapy, EBRT, SpaceOAR, Margins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No foley.
3mm margins all around.
Comfortably full bladder.
8 Gy x 5.
Make sure rectum is empty for sim and tx.

Same

Members don't see this ad.

Would you ever do 13.5 BID, separated by 6-8 hrs?

i like the idea of a single implant so the back to back, 2 day regimen is appealing as well for my future practice

whenever you do two days, two fractions, do you do a sim and a plan for each fraction or treat with previous day plan?

I don't think I would do BID. The acute toxicity (maybe late too?) is much higher when we do the treatment on back to back days. Also, BID is pretty labor intensive if you do 8 hours. Implant at 7:30am, treatment at 11:30am then second fraction with removal at 7:30pm? Then patient will still need to be discharged so he'll likely go home at like 10:00pm? That's if your workflow is well established, no delays occur, and you don't use an epidural.

If we do 2 days, the second day we do a verification CT scan on the CT sim and if the implant didn't move much, then we just treat with previous day plan.

Reactions: 1 users