Insurance companies are shameless

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GlowInTheDark

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Joined large private practice group out of fellowship, application submitted in June to be credentialed for company. Told 90-120 day processing.

Followed up weekly, told “should be good by mid-November, all is complete in August”.

Last week told “missing education verification”.

This week told “application is lost, resubmit and wait 90-120 days”

This happened to one of our surgeons too. CEO got on phone with insurer and lost their mind, threatened to essentially drop the entire company.

The reply essentially was, “go ahead, we are short-staffed”

To think I spent so much of my life working towards this crap.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Joined large private practice group out of fellowship, application submitted in June to be credentialed for company. Told 90-120 day processing.

Followed up weekly, told “should be good by mid-November, all is complete in August”.

Last week told “missing education verification”.

This week told “application is lost, resubmit and wait 90-120 days”

This happened to one of our surgeons too. CEO got on phone with insurer and lost their mind, threatened to essentially drop the entire company.

The reply essentially was, “go ahead, we are short-staffed”

To think I spent so much of my life working towards this crap.
It gets better. After fighting to get credentialed, the next fight is to get authorizations for what you do. Then, the following fight is to get paid for what you do. Then, another fight is to not pay back what they paid you for what you did.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
It gets better. After fighting to get credentialed, the next fight is to get authorizations for what you do. Then, the following fight is to get paid for what you do. Then, another fight is to not pay back what they paid you for what you did.
And they will finally want payback now for something they “overpaid” you in 2018. You have like 24 hours to defend yourself or else they will just take from other payments they owe you

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users
Don't worry, it only gets worse. The best things to do are to NOT look at and NOT do your own billing. If you do these things, studies show there is a 100% chance that you'll flip your lid once you discover firsthand all the dirty tricks they play to weasel out of paying you. Put your head in the sand and remain ignorant of the financial loss. You'll be a much happier person.

Keep in mind if you call the payers about a billing issue, the customer service advocate doesn't get paid much and doesn't really care if you get paid. She also doesn't set her company's policy.

Reactions: 6 users