Insights to Religious Affiliated DPT Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anangelaa

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Angela and I am currently applying to DPT schools. Many of my interested PT schools are either called certain religon school or affiliated to certain church. As much as I repect people with religions, I am myself not religious and I hope my study at my future DPT school does not involve pressure to attend religious meetings and courses.

Therefore, any insights to religiously affiliated schools, especially some of the schools I am interested in are appreciated!!!!!! Thanks in advance!

1. Marymount University
is a coeducational, four-year Catholic university that has its main campus located in Arlington, Virginia.
2. Chapman University is a private, non-profit university located in Orange, California, affiliated with the Christian Church.
3. Mary Baldwin University is the oldest institution of higher education for women in the nation affiliated with the Presbyterian Church.
4. Lynchburg College is a private college in Lynchburg, Virginia, USA, related by covenant to the Christian Church
5. Emory & Henry College, Affiliation United Methodist Church

Thanks! Have a great day!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there! I am in the same boat as you when it comes to your feelings about religiously affiliated colleges. I know being a part of the LGBT community myself, I wanted to make sure that where I went I wouldn't feel out of place. I've actually been accepted to a private university that's primarily Baptist and I've never felt more comfortable and welcome in my entire life! I think no matter your religious background, it's important to feel welcome and comfortable in a program, considering you'll be spending 3 years of your life there! I don't know much about the schools you're applying to, even though I've heard of all of them when I was looking myself, but I think things to also consider would be cost, location and the program itself. Just a thought :)

Hi there! I am in the same boat as you when it comes to your feelings about religiously affiliated colleges. I know being a part of the LGBT community myself, I wanted to make sure that where I went I wouldn't feel out of place. I've actually been accepted to a private university that's primarily Baptist and I've never felt more comfortable and welcome in my entire life! I think no matter your religious background, it's important to feel welcome and comfortable in a program, considering you'll be spending 3 years of your life there! I don't know much about the schools you're applying to, even though I've heard of all of them when I was looking myself, but I think things to also consider would be cost, location and the program itself. Just a thought :)

Thanks alot for the thought!