Inservice ideas for inpatient acute

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SR_DPT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello I’m currently in my 1st rotation in an inpatient acute hospital. I’m looking for ideas for a good inservice to give. This is a teaching hospital so I am looking for a topic that is interesting and semi unique. Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Is there a specific population you are working with more- neuro, ICU, ortho, etc?

Is there a specific population you are working with more- neuro, ICU, ortho, etc?

So the hospital I’m at we switch floors every week see so we get exposed to everything. I am in week 2 and have been exposed to Neuro, ICU, and ortho patients

I have a strong interest for Neuro but I’m open to any population at this point :)

Body mechanics for nurses/CNAs or other stuff.
Also I often see CNAs do lots of things for patients that patients can actually do on their own. So maybe teach CNAs to encourage patients to do as much as they can on their own (bed mobility, transfers, wiping, hygiene, etc) and help only when needed. - will be easier on CNAs and more independence for patients.