info on NW fellowships (Oregon/Washington)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medolas

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
long time lurker here.

anybody have any opinions/personal experience regarding the 3 NW programs? (UW, OHSU, Virginia Mason)

Members don't see this ad.

medolas said:
long time lurker here.

anybody have any opinions/personal experience regarding the 3 NW programs? (UW, OHSU, Virginia Mason)

Interviewed at OHSU. Cancelled interview at UW. Rejected by VM.

OHSU- Seemed like a solid program. Divided into Inpt consults/procedures, Clinic, and Interventions. People were super nice and very accomidating. They pay for a hotel. The director is very friendly and honest. Very open to other specialties although he did explain that they will strongly recruit anesthesia residents.
In the end I knew the program wasn't right for me because I realized that I wanted to do a PM&R Musculoskeletal fellowship.

UW- Cancelled because they wanted PM&R residents to do 3 months of Anesthesia on top of 12 months of pain. Also, reputation is that it is minimal on procedural experience.

VM- Heard great things about procedure experience. But never had a PM&R resident go through the program Program well known for regional experience.

Hope this helps.

A former PM&R resident that graduated from our program recently completed his pain fellowship at UW including the additional 3 months. He spoke very highly of it and feels that he received excellent training.