Info about Touro University Nevada MOT program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long ago did you turn in your supplemental application and how long did it take them to tell you if you are invited to an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

How long ago did you turn in your supplemental application and how long did it take them to tell you if you are invited to an interview?

Otcas verified in early December

Submitted supplemental application early January

They emailed me an invitation 2 weeks prior to the date of the interview

Good luck, I'm sure the have several more interview sessions

Has anyone from the Feb interviews heard back? I know they mentioned end of March, but thought maybe they would send out the acceptance letters earlier and the waitlist notices end of march...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi @wishbone111 I had my interview on 2/5 but have not heard back yet. I'm assuming that we will hear back at the end of March with all the applicants from this interview cycle. I'm now thinking that it's unfair because it's not really rolling admissions if we are all reviewed at the end with those who applied later.

I heard back this morning and was accepted! Pretty excited about my first acceptance. I interviewed on February 5th

Reactions: 1 users
Omg! Congrats @WhenInRome27 I was there at that interview as well! I was in the maroon top and skirt from San Jose! Was it via email? Do you know if everyone was emailed today? And if you can please share your stats.

Last edited:
Omg! Congrats @WhenInRome27 I was there at that interview as well! I was in the maroon top and skirt from San Jose! Was it via email? Do you know if everyone was emailed today? And if you can please share your stats.
Thanks, I'm the other one from San Jose! Haha
Undergrad: Cal Poly SLO
GPA: 3.57
80 hours of observation hours in hospital, rehab center, and outpatient clinic.
I'm not sure if everyone was emailed today or not, but yes it was via email.

Yes I did, I haven't heard back from SJSU yet, but I called today and apparently something was sent to me in the mail today so I should know soon. BTW I forgot my GRE scores: 161 quantitative, 155 verbal, and 5 for the essay part

Nice! Your GRE is very competitive, I'm jealous! Good luck!!! If you get into state are you going to accept the offer?

Hi, everyone!

I am applying to Touro next year 2017 for the 2018 summer school year. Have there been any changes/updates in the application process? Say hello so we can find our 2018 CLASS! :D thanks!

Hi, everyone!

I am applying to Touro next year 2017 for the 2018 summer school year. Have there been any changes/updates in the application process? Say hello so we can find our 2018 CLASS! :D thanks!
Hi, I'm thinking of applying here and university of Utah. I'm just terrified of the GRE. Does Touro require GRE test?

Hey everyone! First time on sdn... I'm glad I found this thread. I too am nervous about interviews and I haven't event applied yet. Looking to apply after a year at least of observation/volunteer hours..

These are my stats now:

Undergrad: psychology

Masters Degree: Clinical Mental Health Counseling

GPA: 3.4 undergrad and 4.0 grad

Hours: min of 130.

Some experience that I'm hoping will make me stand out: 1 year in a client setting for drug/alcohol abuse and I have done both group and individual therapy for clients with mental health issues, 1 year doing behavioral therapy for children with autism.

Anyone think that I'm too out of reach for this? I'm especially worried about the fact that I've already been in grad school before.

Hey everyone! First time on sdn... I'm glad I found this thread. I too am nervous about interviews and I haven't event applied yet. Looking to apply after a year at least of observation/volunteer hours..

These are my stats now:

Undergrad: psychology

Masters Degree: Clinical Mental Health Counseling

GPA: 3.4 undergrad and 4.0 grad

Hours: min of 130.

Some experience that I'm hoping will make me stand out: 1 year in a client setting for drug/alcohol abuse and I have done both group and individual therapy for clients with mental health issues, 1 year doing behavioral therapy for children with autism.

Anyone think that I'm too out of reach for this? I'm especially worried about the fact that I've already been in grad school before.

You will be fine! Your GPA may be a little lower than what they want as I interviewed 2 yrs ago and was put on the waitlist. When I finally got notified that I did not get in they said my GPA was a little lower than those accepted that term (3.57+). The Director Yvonne told me that most people who are waitlisted and apply the following year typically get in.

The fact that you already have a Master's degree will work in your favor if your GPA is a little lower than other applicants. I am currently finishing the MSOT program at Stanbridge University and have 3 classmates who have a Master's degree prior to the program. Good luck!!!

You will be fine! Your GPA may be a little lower than what they want as I interviewed 2 yrs ago and was put on the waitlist. When I finally got notified that I did not get in they said my GPA was a little lower than those accepted that term (3.57+). The Director Yvonne told me that most people who are waitlisted and apply the following year typically get in.

The fact that you already have a Master's degree will work in your favor if your GPA is a little lower than other applicants. I am currently finishing the MSOT program at Stanbridge University and have 3 classmates who have a Master's degree prior to the program. Good luck!!!

Thank you so much!! I plan on getting more volunteer hours to help with my low GPA. By the way, did you take the GRE to apply to Touro Nevada? I saw that it's not required, but I see some people took them.. does taking the GRE help?

I took the GRE as many other programs required it; however, if you do not have that minimum requirement score for each section I wouldn't include it, as it kind of hurt me with Touro. For example, the quantitative score; most schools like a 300 and I was 298. When I was notified that though I was waitlisted, they had filled the spots, I emailed Yvonne asking if she had any advice for me to sharpen my interview for future schools. This was me mainly just wanting to know why I didn't get in...she replied that the three things that they had concern with was my GRE score (which was dumb bc it wasn't required for them and it was 2 off of the norm), my GPA was lower than those accepted that cohort (mine was a cumulative of 3.40), and that I was still more PT based as I originally applied for PT school before hearing about OT.

So, however you can strengthen your "numbers" is what I would recommend for this specific school as my cumulative may have been lower than others but my undergrad was 3.98. They were kind of cold in my opinion compared to two other schools I was accepted into, so make sure it's the right fit for you! Best of luck!