Infectious Diseases

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

mojo

How does one go into this field? Is there an Osteopathic match? Is it possible to do this as a pathologist? Can anyone tell me something about this? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Tony Clifton*:
•How does one go into this field? Is there an Osteopathic match? Is it possible to do this as a pathologist? Can anyone tell me something about this? Thanks.•

The typical route is to go through Internal Medicine residency, then ID fellowship is 2 years after residency. I don't know if there is an osteopathic match for this field, and I have not heard of a similar route through pathology. Maybe one of the pathologists among us can answer that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info. I'm wondering, is this one of the harder internal medicine fellowships to get?

Originally posted by Tony Clifton*:
•Thanks for the info. I'm wondering, is this one of the harder internal medicine fellowships to get?•

I'm not really sure. ID isn't one of the internal medicine subspecialties that I'm interested in, so I haven't really looked into it too much. My guess is that it's probably of average difficulty to get when compared to the other IM fellowships.