\\---Indiana University School of Medicine Class of 2012 Thread---//

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IUgrad

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the IUSM 2012 class thread! ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Yay!!! Make sure to join the IUSM 2012 facebook group as well!

ooooh fun =)

Eddie, I tried to find the facebook group, but I couldn't...I think I am not facebook savvy enough...:confused:

And Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
ooooh fun =)

Eddie, I tried to find the facebook group, but I couldn't...I think I am not facebook savvy enough...:confused:

And Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
The name of the group is IUSM Class of 2012 :)

Anyone begin thinking about campus assignments yet? (Can you tell I'm anxious to start? :D)

I'm hoping to stay in Indianapolis... 2nd choice probly South Bend...

Indy is also my first choice, I think, just because I don't want to have to move in another two years. I think that almost half of the class goes to Indy, so hopefully we have a good shot.

I don't really know enough about the other campuses to rank them. South Bend sounds like a good choice -- I have family in Michigan so it would be nice to be closer to them. I don't think I want Bloomington, just because I've been here for several years already, and I'm ready for a change. Beyond that, I don't know.

Hiiii! I just got accepted to IUSM Class 2012! :)

Congrats and welcome, Matilde! :)

Anyone begin thinking about campus assignments yet? (Can you tell I'm anxious to start? :D)
Hi all! IUgrad you're not the only anxious one! I am working in a lab on IUSM in Indy this year and now all I can think about is getting started (and thoroughly enjoying the time I have left)...

I'm hoping for Indy as well, although to me the bloomington campus is heaven on earth. We'll see..

Finals are over. If you all have any questions about IUSM, shoot them my way.

Anyone out there that does not know which campus to go for, please allow me to put in a good word for Bloomington. I cant imagine a better med school experience, as tough as it is I made it through the first semester and feel confident that I can last another 3.5 years. Well this is not my class thread so I will shut up, but if you have any questions about the Bloomington center just let me know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know where we can get a recent match list for IUSM? I haven't been able to find one online...thanks!

I'm still debating between IU and two other schools. I'm leaning toward Mount Sinai, but maybe I'll learn something here that'll change my mind :)

Hello Future IUSM Classmates! :)

Congrats to all of you!

Congrats you guys! I'm an M1 at the South Bend campus. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. :)

http://www.medicine.iu.edu/body.cfm?id=225&oTopID=225

That link will take you to each of the individual centers. Like I've said before, everyone wants Indy because it's the "glamorous" center, and in some respects it is. However, I fully believe that some people may in-fact do better at one of the satellites. It might be worth checking these out before you fill out your campus preference sheets.

Hey Everyone!! Anyone interested in the South Bend campus? I can't wait to meet my future classmates!! :)

It's my pleasure to finally be able to post here.. Man it feels good.

I was wondering if anyone could give a little bit more info on the south bend campus. What kind of clinical opportunities are available in the first 2 years if any?

anyone know when we will rank our campus location preferences?

and does anyone know how long it takes to set-up email? i set it up last night, but the database said i was still registered as an applicant (even though i was accepted in january)

anyone know when we will rank our campus location preferences?

I am an M1 now and I'm pretty sure that we got them sometime in March last year. To anyone who feels that their are two campuses where they wold be happy at (Indy and then another) I would really recommend putting the non-Indy campus as your first choice. If you place Indy as first you are rolling the dice and there is a decent chance that you will not end up with either of them. However, if you put one of the centers first you will almost certainly get your pick!

Also, as a person who got put in my 7th choice location, I will say that I am actually happy that I didn't get put in Indy. Everyone in our class are very close and you form good relationships with the teachers due to the small class sizes. Just some food for thought. Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

and does anyone know how long it takes to set-up email? i set it up last night, but the database said i was still registered as an applicant (even though i was accepted in january)

I tried setting my email up as well a few days ago and I'm completely clueless how to do it haha

Yeah, I'm having trouble converting my webmail to exchange. I logged into the accounts website, and there doesn't appear to be any option to do this. Any other current IU students (who already have indiana.edu address) having problems with this?

Where is this database? I looked in Onestart and I didn't see anything that even indicated that I am an applicant or accepted. Where did you find this info?

Yeah, I'm having trouble converting my webmail to exchange. I logged into the accounts website, and there doesn't appear to be any option to do this. Any other current IU students (who already have indiana.edu address) having problems with this?

I also tried converting my indiana.edu address (through the Access website), and it registered it to iupui.edu but I have no idea if its working or how to access it.

I also tried converting my indiana.edu address (through the Access website), and it registered it to iupui.edu but I have no idea if its working or how to access it.

i think that's what's supposed to happen at least

Did anyone get the campus preference forms yet?

Does anyone know when they are supposed to be sent, exactly?

Did anyone get the campus perference forms yet?

dont know exactly but i do know its in april.

Thanks! For some reason, I thought it was March. :confused:

Did anyone get the campus preference forms yet?

I got my campus preference forms in the mail today (3/14).

So is anyone else on here thinking about South Bend? Also, if so, does anyone know where to get good housing around there (such as apartment complex names?), and where the "good" places are to live?

I have South Bend high on my list, but I don't know anything about good places to live, either. Sorry. I thought that someone on here, maybe TopDocChick, was from South Bend, so hopefully they will respond to you soon.

Do you know what the rest of your rankings are going to be yet?

I have South Bend high on my list, but I don't know anything about good places to live, either. Sorry. I thought that someone on here, maybe TopDocChick, was from South Bend, so hopefully they will respond to you soon.

Do you know what the rest of your rankings are going to be yet?

punkn is at south bend now. my top rankings go: SB, Indy, and then FW. After that, to be honest, I don't particularily remember - I think the next two were west lafayette and bloomington, and gary was dead last.

Did anyone's status change in Onestart? When I log-in Onestart.iu.edu, and go to Student Center and then Admissions and click "View Status," it used to say (from when I was accepted in November to last week) "Congratulations, you have been admitted!" Now it says "Congratulations you have been admitted to IUPUI!"

I wondered (hopefully) if this subtle change might be an early indication of campus assignment, so I thought I'd check with you all to see if yours had changed or if I just have wishful thinking...

Did anyone's status change in Onestart? When I log-in Onestart.iu.edu, and go to Student Center and then Admissions and click "View Status," it used to say (from when I was accepted in November to last week) "Congratulations, you have been admitted!" Now it says "Congratulations you have been admitted to IUPUI!"

I wondered (hopefully) if this subtle change might be an early indication of campus assignment, so I thought I'd check with you all to see if yours had changed or if I just have wishful thinking...

Mine changed to IUPUI as well. This is interesting. I put Indy as my #2 choice, and South Bend as my #1. (I'm from Ft. Wayne). I can't imagine they'd put someone in Indy if it wasn't their #1... right???

Thanks for the response, Tailesinrk! I think your reasoning is right--someone probably wouldn't get Indy as a second choice, if others aren't even getting it as a first choice. It must just be a change in the wording on the Onestart site. [Sigh]

At least we won't have to wait too much longer, right? (The last email I got from Jose Espada indicated the letters would be next week! yay!) Good luck on getting your #1!

I hope everyone will post next week when we find out where we're headed!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the response, Tailesinrk! I think your reasoning is right--someone probably wouldn't get Indy as a second choice, if others aren't even getting it as a first choice. It must just be a change in the wording on the Onestart site. [Sigh]

At least we won't have to wait too much longer, right? (The last email I got from Jose Espada indicated the letters would be next week! yay!) Good luck on getting your #1!

I hope everyone will post next week when we find out where we're headed!

Exactly, I was going to comment on the email. Hopefully not too much longer.. It's just rather ironic it happened within a week of when we are supposed to find out.

i'm posting to see if i've discovered a back-door way to know what campus i'm at. indy was my #1 choice.

so i log into onestart student center. click on class schedule details link. Click the "List View" on the select display option then it lists all the terms you've ever spent at any IU campus and the last one says Fall 2008 Medicine and for me it says IUPUI; whereas for my undergrad it says bloomington. This is probably another dead end and i'm wasting time, but i'm anxious. if anyone sees anything different in their display location let me know.

Ryan, I also went to undergrad at Bloomington. Mine has all my terms as well and has Fall 2008 Medicine at IUPUI. I've wondered the same but it's probably nothing, unfortunately.

Ryan, I also went to undergrad at Bloomington. Mine has all my terms as well and has Fall 2008 Medicine at IUPUI. I've wondered the same but it's probably nothing, unfortunately.

yea, sounds like its nothing.

Got a letter from IU today... Thought it was the placement.
Turns out it's just a reminder to send the transcripts when they're ready... Wow...