Indiana University OMFS problems or progress?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omfshopeful2020

Reaction score
Hi everyone, long time lurker here, but decided to pop in and hopefully get some feedback. If this is the wrong place to post this, I'm happy to move it!

I was lucky enough to interview with Indiana University's OMFS program and I was super impressed. I really liked my interactions with the faculty and the residents, I liked to scope, the location, etc. The faculty seemed very supportive/knowledgable/challenging and the residents were all cool people. They seemed busy, great surgical experiences, etc. There seems to have been a major change-up in the program last year that ushered in this new faculty. The residents hinted at problems before this happened, and reading previous things here on SDN made it sound like the program was struggling with attendings leaving, residents transferring, etc. I know programs can change rapidly, especially with a change in faculty, but does anyone happen to have some first-hand experience with the current IU? I really genuinely believe the program is great now, but a part of me does wonder if they just put their very best foot forward (as all programs do) and there may be lingering issues with the program that are working themselves out?

I'm really not trying to "call anyone out" here, just curious as this is a huge life decision and I want to be as well informed as possible going into the rank list. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users