indian pic page part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
newyorker said:
:laugh: :laugh: yeah! i got little bit :scared: and :oops: after declaring my :love: . Too bad! NYer need more guts.

C'mon boy (as we say here in the South) be bold
You are part of the Indian American community - smart cool and popular.

My dear NYer cross the bridge :laugh: :laugh:

just pushing you that's all :laugh: :laugh:

I am sad I didn't get here before

Members don't see this ad.

newyorker said:
:laugh: :laugh: yeah! i got little bit :scared: and :oops: after declaring my :love: . Too bad! NYer need more guts.

aww...you don't have to be shy. i won't bite :laugh:

hi guys
I am new here and find this forum very exciting
I am too shy to post my picture but would like to post my son's pic because I think he is not too bad and hope to find a girl for him in the near future

:laugh:

d.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
too much info :laugh:

ok, kiddo, we won't :laugh: at you anymore :thumbup:

newyorker said:
I do remember couple of incidents which still make me so happy happened during that one year love commute.

Once she gave me a cadbury's toffee on her birthday. I ate that toffee and preserved that choclate wrapping for several years inside my school book cover. My little sister destroyed it after a fight with me. I did not speak with my sister for 2 months because of her evil act. even now i feel that cadbury sweetness in my tongue when i think abt that cutie or if i see any cycle ricshaw in india during my visit.

The other incident happened during the last day of our school. She tripped and fell down while getting down from richshaw. She bruised her right knee due to fall. I immediately jumped out of the richshaw and held her for support. Then took some spit from my mouth and covered her knee bruise as first aid. I did not know that i would become a doctor in future at that time.
She profusely thanked me in her eyes without a word for my kind act.
I did not declare my love even at that tender wonderful moment. i was too shy. I still remember my first love whenever i examine any knees as a doctor. Tears fill my eyes during knee exams and my patients think that i am a very sensitive and sympathetic doctor.

I should have declared my love to that fourth grader. who knows? she could have been my wife now.I did not see that pretty girl next year. My mother said their family went to america. May be that little girl is aarti who has grown into a beautiful woman. world is too small anyway. you never know.

I think aartii's picture rekindled my love. I hope you guys understand my feelings and please be sensitive. dont make everything in life as joke. thanks.

hey new yorker , I think you have been watching lots of bollywood movies lately :laugh:

nimeshshingala said:
hey new yorker , I think you have been watching lots of bollywood movies lately :laugh:

wait, you mean that bollywood style love is fake love? Huh maybe for you...

I wonder if there's any guy who can love devdas style or veer zarra style... I REALLY doubt it.

nimeshshingala said:
hi guys
I am too shy to post my picture but would like to post my son's pic because I think he is not too bad and hope to find a girl for him in the near future

here is the link
showimg.jpg

oh hes a cutie chubster!

priyanka said:
wait, you mean that bollywood style love is fake love? Huh maybe for you...

I wonder if there's any guy who can love devdas style or veer zarra style... I REALLY doubt it.

hey priyanka , relax yaar
i didn't want to hurt your feelings , you look like a big bollywood fan like me
the only thing why i wrote that is because new yorker's story comes straight out of some bollywood love story
i think he saw that movie yesterday and came out with this big story
but he narrated it so well that I think he should be a story writer and give competition to javed akhthar and others in bollywood :laugh:

newyorker said:
I do remember couple of incidents which still make me so happy happened during that one year love commute.

Once she gave me a cadbury's toffee on her birthday. I ate that toffee and preserved that choclate wrapping for several years inside my school book cover. My little sister destroyed it after a fight with me. I did not speak with my sister for 2 months because of her evil act. even now i feel that cadbury sweetness in my tongue when i think abt that cutie or if i see any cycle ricshaw in india during my visit.

The other incident happened during the last day of our school. She tripped and fell down while getting down from richshaw. She bruised her right knee due to fall. I immediately jumped out of the richshaw and held her for support. Then took some spit from my mouth and covered her knee bruise as first aid. I did not know that i would become a doctor in future at that time.
She profusely thanked me in her eyes without a word for my kind act.
I did not declare my love even at that tender wonderful moment. i was too shy. I still remember my first love whenever i examine any knees as a doctor. Tears fill my eyes during knee exams and my patients think that i am a very sensitive and sympathetic doctor.

I should have declared my love to that fourth grader. who knows? she could have been my wife now.I did not see that pretty girl next year. My mother said their family went to america. May be that little girl is aarti who has grown into a beautiful woman. world is too small anyway. you never know.

I think aartii's picture rekindled my love. I hope you guys understand my feelings and please be sensitive. dont make everything in life as joke. thanks.
well...u never know ...that girl could be aarti herself....so why dont u go ahead and propose her...who knows maybe she will accept. :)
You no longer r a fourth grader so gather up your courage and try your best :laugh:

This one is for aarti----'Did u by any chance go to school in a rickshaw?' :D :D :D

nimeshshingala said:
hey priyanka , relax yaar
i didn't want to hurt your feelings , you look like a big bollywood fan like me
the only thing why i wrote that is because new yorker's story comes straight out of some bollywood love story
i think he saw that movie yesterday and came out with this big story
but he narrated it so well that I think he should be a story writer and give competition to javed akhthar and others in bollywood :laugh:
hey...thats not fair....how do u know that he is really not in love with aarti though i agree that his story is too dramatic to be true...but dont u agree it would be wonderful if aarti too falls in love with him!!! :laugh:

parasiteatwork said:
hey...thats not fair....how do u know that he is really not in love with aarti though i agree that his story is too dramatic to be true...but dont u agree it would be wonderful if aarti too falls in love with him!!! :laugh:

hey guys relax
looks like you have made me the bad guy of this love story between new yorker and aarti
I sincerely hope that new yorker finds his rikshawwalli aarti right here in america and there is a happy ending to his story
and aarti why don't you respond
are you the same girl who use to share rikshaw with new yorker back in india??
i hope it is true and you guys celebrate by dancing around trees somewhere in USA. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
nimeshshingala said:
aarti why don't you respond
are you the same girl who use to share rikshaw with new yorker back in india??
i hope it is true and you guys celebrate by dancing around trees somewhere in USA. :laugh:

aww...sorry i didn't reply sooner...i was at work all day today, and seemed to have missed the fun on SDN.
unfortunately, i wasn't the little girl on the rickshaw (but how cute would it be if i was?!?) i never went to school in india...:oops:
but new yorker, we could still go dancing about a tree somewhere :)

not to interrupt the converation, but if this story is ever going to make it into production in bollywood we really need a song and dance number now.

1hotaartichoke said:
so quick to criticize huh? lets see your picture Dr. BadVibes...

im betting your no brad pitt :thumbdown:

Sorry dude, but I was just being level with ya....these losers on this site were just being pathetic and telling you that you are Miss Universe material....and all I said is that you kinda had a large/pointy nose.

ANd about me...yah Im definitely no Brad Pitt, but at least I know it....and about my pic, I tried to put it up, but SDN said it was too big....after my anatomy exam, Ill take the time to shrink it.....

By the way New Yorker, you are so damn sad. Nimeshshingla was totally right...this guy is totally living in a movie....geez.

Now Ill let all you guys all hold hands and sing Kumba ya together :idea:

Dr.BadVibes said:
Sorry dude, but I was just being level with ya....these losers on this site were just being pathetic and telling you that you are Miss Universe material....and all I said is that you kinda had a large/pointy nose.

ANd about me...yah Im definitely no Brad Pitt, but at least I know it....and about my pic, I tried to put it up, but SDN said it was too big....after my anatomy exam, Ill take the time to shrink it.....
comeon...we have not started this picture page to critisize each other instead we r just sharing the joys of being indian......n if u dont consider yourself to be goodlooking thats your probelm but plz keep the others out of it. :(

nimeshshingala said:
:D :D oh...i can just imagine aarti(whose picture i have seen) n newyorker(who is just a blank n empty face ) trying to dance around the trees!!! that would be really funny. :D :D

newyorker said:
comeon atleast post a picture so that people can imagine u two together...... :D

nimeshshingala said:
hi guys

here is the link
showimg.jpg
Oops...in the midst of this aarti-newyorker bollywood style love i almost forgot to tell u that your kid is really cute and i m sure u wont need to find a girl for him in the future..(he will do that himself) ;) :D

nimeshshingala said:
hi guys

here is the link
showimg.jpg

your son is sooooo cute!! i'm sure that he won't have any problem finding someone for himself... ;)

lata said:
your son is sooooo cute!! i'm sure that he won't have any problem finding someone for himself...
;)

Oops...in the midst of this aarti-newyorker bollywood style love i almost forgot to tell u that your kid is really cute and i m sure u wont need to find a girl for him in the future..(he will do that himself)
oh hes a cutie chubster!

wow!!!!!
three compliments from three beautiful ladies, I am flattered, I am blushing!!, my cheeks are red!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
even though the compliments are for my son!!!!
well thank you ladies
I am indeed the proud father
but as desi as I am , I am begining to get worried because he is loosing his indian identity
his heroes are spiderman, sponge bob square pants , yugiho kids , mr incredible etc etc
and he does not speak my language though we speak our language at home all the time
he does not like to see bollywood movies or eat indian food

give me some ideas folks, ( ek desi baap tumse madad mang raha hai)
mere bache ko phir se hindustani kaise banao????
:confused: :confused:

nimeshshingala said:
wow!!!!!
three compliments from three beautiful ladies, I am flattered, I am blushing!!, my cheeks are red!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
well thank you ladies
but as desi as I am , I am begining to get worried because he is loosing his indian identity
his heroes are spiderman, sponge bob square pants , yugiho kids , mr incredible etc etc
and he does not speak my language though we speak our language at home all the time

your little boy is so cute! :love:

here is my advice...
let him keep going the way he is. listen to the indian music and watch the movies...and he'll pick things up, and eventually, he'll realize that it is so important and he'll develop his own interest in the culture...
:thumbup:

(but what do i know...i don't have any kids!)

nimeshshingala said:
wow!!!!!
well thank you ladies

Ok, there is one thing that you MUST realize. You are bringing your son up in the US, as such, he is going to want to be like the rest of the kids his age.

My advice to you is to let him do that. He will eventually reach an age where he will realize how important his culture/roots are. Trust me, that's what my parents did with me...

I know that's probably hard to swallow, but you cannot force your child into a culture other then the one he already lives in. That, seems to me, like a recipe for disaster.

However, as aarti said, I don't have any kids, so what do I know.

1hotaartichoke said:
your little boy is so cute! :love:

here is my advice...
let him keep going the way he is. listen to the indian music and watch the movies...and he'll pick things up, and eventually, he'll realize that it is so important and he'll develop his own interest in the culture...
:thumbup:

(but what do i know...i don't have any kids!)
one other thing, make sure he has indian friends his own age. i can't think of a better way to make it easy for him to integrate his indian heritage and surrounding american culture. i'd think that'd make for a good buffer/social support system for him.

and, as you say, you can't "make" him indian. he won't be. he's indian-american, and while that may not make you completely happy, it'll be far worse if you force things onto him and he lashes out against you or takes a path through life you dont' want him to take.

i don't have any kids, either. that i know of. so there's that.

Sanman said:
not to interrupt the converation, but if this story is ever going to make it into production in bollywood we really need a song and dance number now.

I second this

Hero and Heroine running around on the streets of Washington D.C. and in the next scene they are back in India :laugh: just to make it back to the US in time for another duet :laugh: :laugh:

who plays them in the movie? ;)

Wow.....Seems like I am in a dreamworld,Funny.I dont believe in love... :D :D But that was a great story.

parasiteatwork said:
yes..i m a She and here I m.....

Hey!! Are you really a Parasite....If yes,then what should i do to be your Host...... :D Can I make you my Buddy?

Dr_Raghav_Gupta said:
Hey!! Are you really a Parasite....If yes,then what should i do to be your Host...... :D Can I make you my Buddy?
Ofcourse...i m a parasite....any doubts???and don't u dare be my host...i will eat u alive :D .
And as far as being a buddy is concerned.....ofcourse yes :)

Something is not right in this thread......all of us are talking about the devine luv between aarti n newyorker BUT there is just one person who is not replying at all and thats---NEWYORKER. Where r u? comeon..agreed that u dont have the courage to propose but atleast respond to our messages.........we r all waiting to know your next move. ;)

nimeshshingala said:
wow!!!!!
well thank you ladies

well.....there is not much of an advice that i can give you instead i would like to share my thoughts with you......No matter how much you want your son to be indianized,he will be whatever he wants to be.......Ofcourse being in America is giving him a different kind of exposure than what he would have had in India but thats the price each indian pays after moving out of the country......but i think he will probably understand the meaning of being an indian only after he crosses his teen years.......i guess it would help if he visited india during his holidays.....n u should talk about nice n interesting things n stories abt india......and most of all STOP WORRYING coz as it is u cant help it !!!!! :)

nimeshshingala said:
wow!!!!!
well thank you ladies

Upbringing plays a major role in the cultural development of the kid. It is good that you guys talk in an indian language at home. I think the early years of childhood are very very crucial. You are a parent, don't make it easy for yourself, if you want the best from your kid in the future. Play your role, play it smart. If you have joined an indian community yourself, make sure that he gets to hang out with other indian kids. That community should certainly have a religious thing. For one, I saw your kid in garba dress in the pic. Encourage those kind of social functions. Like parasite mentioned, take him to india during his holidays, take pictures, have him look at them time and again, so that his pleasant memories attached with with india will get further reinforced in his mind. It is important that those memories develop because as he grows up he will be able to make more connections. The process will eventually lead in him being proud of being a indian and not opposing the culture. When you tell him something is not right, explain to him why it is not right. I am sure that since you are a modern generation parent, you believe in explaining things logically and satiatingly rather than scolding yelling and hitting. I would exemplify the process of ingraining the cultral values by comparing it to how over time people start prefering McDonalds to fresh fruits. People take their kids to McDonals since the age of one, have them relish the taste of fries and voila, fries are a life long commitment, doing utterly no good to the soul or the spirit. Getting addicted to Mcdonals is like getting addicted to cigarette. the receptors just wont do without a Big Mac anymore and orange juice which is easily grossed upon over 10 spoons of sugary soda. Take the responsibility. I am sure you have a awesome wife who'll cook yummy food for your kid rather than feeding the garbage 3$ fast food.
I have seen many of my indian accomplices who are more indian than I am, even though they were born in the US. Its the role of the parents thats so crucial. If you let him select his way, he'll stumble in the way. He'll take time figuring out what is right for himself.. Well then I ask, what are parents for? Don't be one of those careless parents who care only about money and ignore their cute little saplings who need to be nurtured and supported since day one, until the day out of teens. When he tries to employ his own methods and tastes,and you dont like them, employ methods and plans that will make him think against it. Be a friend, not a hitler person who is dominating. kids tend to oppose dominating behaviors and tend to embrace what their friends have to say... get to his level of intelligence and express them in the same way..let it be fun and not a cage for him. He'll love you for all this as a kid and as an adult.

And you must notice what I wrote in my last post is very coherent with the adage by Mr. Stephen R Covey, in my signature.

parasiteatwork said:
Ofcourse...i m a parasite....any doubts???and don't u dare be my host...i will eat u alive :D .

In the other words i am telling the same thing .....but Let me eat you first...then you eat me ...I don't mind ...Because after eating by you I am going to think only about you...but in other manner means i will not try to remove you from my body but i will let you live there.but dont coz any harm there please .Any way did anyone told you that you have beautiful figure and beautiful eyes.if you dont want me to say such a nice thngs about you then please remove your potograph from there....because every time when I look ur photo I dont know what happens with me.

nimeshshingala said:
wow!!!!!
well thank you ladies

I dont understand why you and everybody wants to change ur child.....if you dont like ur child behaviours.....then you shouldn't have come here at the first place.

Dr_Raghav_Gupta said:
In the other words i am telling the same thing .....but Let me eat you first...then you eat me ...I don't mind ...Because after eating by you I am going to think only about you...but in other manner means i will not try to remove you from my body but i will let you live there.but dont coz any harm there please .Any way did anyone told you that you have beautiful figure and beautiful eyes.if you dont want me to say such a nice thngs about you then please remove your potograph from there....because every time when I look ur photo I dont know what happens with me.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

parasiteatwork said:
:) :)
Do you think that we should also dance sometime around some tree!!!! :love:

Dr_Raghav_Gupta said:
In the other words i am telling the same thing .....but Let me eat you first...then you eat me ...I don't mind ...Because after eating by you I am going to think only about you...but in other manner means i will not try to remove you from my body but i will let you live there.but dont coz any harm there please ..

:) You cant eat me coz u r not a parasite....u r a person and people dont eat others......i m the parasite and if i eat u first...there will be no u...by the way,i m that kind of a parasite who feeds on the mind n the entire brains of people and so they come under my control and i rule them....so even if u want to be my buddy...be ready to lose your mind. :) .

Dr_Raghav_Gupta said:
.Any way did anyone told you that you have beautiful figure and beautiful eyes.if you dont want me to say such a nice thngs about you then please remove your potograph from there....because every time when I look ur photo I dont know what happens with me.
Gee...thnx :)

Dr_Raghav_Gupta said:
.Any way did anyone told you that you have beautiful figure and beautiful eyes.if you dont want me to say such a nice thngs about you then please remove your potograph from there....because every time when I look ur photo I dont know what happens with me.
By the way.....it is my sincere suggestion that u should try for the Guiness book of records---- YOU HAVE XRAY EYES :idea: . Thats coz you could see my eyes even though i m wearing very dark shades.....WOW,is all i can say!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

priyanka said:
Upbringing plays a major role in the cultural development of the kid. It is good that you guys talk in an indian language at home. I think the early years of childhood are very very crucial. You are a parent, don't make it easy for yourself, if you want the best from your kid in the future. Play your role, play it smart. If you have joined an indian community yourself, make sure that he gets to hang out with other indian kids. That community should certainly have a religious thing. For one, I saw your kid in garba dress in the pic. Encourage those kind of social functions. Like parasite mentioned, take him to india during his holidays, take pictures, have him look at them time and again, so that his pleasant memories attached with with india will get further reinforced in his mind. It is important that those memories develop because as he grows up he will be able to make more connections. The process will eventually lead in him being proud of being a indian and not opposing the culture. When you tell him something is not right, explain to him why it is not right. I am sure that since you are a modern generation parent, you believe in explaining things logically and satiatingly rather than scolding yelling and hitting. I would exemplify the process of ingraining the cultral values by comparing it to how over time people start prefering McDonalds to fresh fruits. People take their kids to McDonals since the age of one, have them relish the taste of fries and voila, fries are a life long commitment, doing utterly no good to the soul or the spirit. Getting addicted to Mcdonals is like getting addicted to cigarette. the receptors just wont do without a Big Mac anymore and orange juice which is easily grossed upon over 10 spoons of sugary soda. Take the responsibility. I am sure you have a awesome wife who'll cook yummy food for your kid rather than feeding the garbage 3$ fast food.
I have seen many of my indian accomplices who are more indian than I am, even though they were born in the US. Its the role of the parents thats so crucial. If you let him select his way, he'll stumble in the way. He'll take time figuring out what is right for himself.. Well then I ask, what are parents for? Don't be one of those careless parents who care only about money and ignore their cute little saplings who need to be nurtured and supported since day one, until the day out of teens. When he tries to employ his own methods and tastes,and you dont like them, employ methods and plans that will make him think against it. Be a friend, not a hitler person who is dominating. kids tend to oppose dominating behaviors and tend to embrace what their friends have to say... get to his level of intelligence and express them in the same way..let it be fun and not a cage for him. He'll love you for all this as a kid and as an adult.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
nice advice

hey guys thank you all for your valuable advice and tips
thank you aarti, buckeye(oh), captain jack 2 ,parasite at work and most importantly priyanka
hey priyanka , you look like a very matured person ,
very good tips on bringing up a child
i am sure you would prove yourself to be an excellent mother
I want my son to get good points from both the western and indian culture
we keep the atmosphere at home as much indian as we can
also he has lots of indian friends in his school
yesterday we took him to an south indian restaurant and when he tasted paper masala dosa, he said ," Dad this is the best indian food I have ever had", it is so yummy!!!!
as priyanka said correctly , you can get addicted to mcdonalds like you get addicted to cigarettes,
and you are also right in suggesting that we parents should not be very dominating because the kid would not like that and will eventually rebel against us
i should constantly feed him on what are good things and what are bad things in life
All I want folks is that my son becomes a good human being and values the importance of life and love and be caring to others
thank you once again guys
you all are great and make SDN the best website to visit everyday.

nimeshshingala said:
All I want folks is that my son becomes a good human being and values the importance of life and love and be caring to others
I agree that in the end this is the most important thing....... :thumbup: :thumbup:

hey, just wanted to say about bringing up children in US -

my parents taught me to respect other cultures, food, religions.. we always had different people at our house visiting, etc. so when i grew up i had friends from different countries,e tc but i also grew strong in my faith and culture. now people who just come from india are surprised that i am the way i am. they think that i'm more indian than them!! and can't figure out why... but this is my choice..
not all of american culture is bad just as not all of indian culture is good. i know i'm over simplyfying.. but my parents taught me the differences and to respect different people and i hope to instill the same in my daughter.
i have worn sarees and churidars to parties... some people appreciate the clothes some don't... i don't waste time with those who don't...
i do educate the ones who are interested. i have friends who are christian, hindu, muslim and jain. from india and from other countries. hopefully i will be able to teach my daughter as my parents did.. if i can do half the job they did with me,,, i'll be happy.
funny isn't it, in learning to appreciate the differences, i have become stronger in my own identity and faith...
sorry to ramble on but hope this helps someone... :D

lata said:
my husband is directly from india and he is learning to open up more :) well... he sort of has to being married to a 'out there' woman like me ;)
.....does that imply the people from india r not open enough........well lata sorry to say this but even though u may know a lot about indian culture,u know nothing about the people that live there....their choices...their wishes ....their dreams,hopes etc.

well....isn't the indian society a mixture of all kinds of ppl ?? the younger generation in cities r open i guess.....but i think that those in the towns or villages have yet to undergo that transformation....think an indian girl (what about a guy ??!) in a small town would go to ...lets say....a disco ? i dunno if i'm rite ...but i think the answer would b no.....

futuris2kl said:
well....isn't the indian society a mixture of all kinds of ppl ?? the younger generation in cities r open i guess.....but i think that those in the towns or villages have yet to undergo that transformation....think an indian girl (what about a guy ??!) in a small town would go to ...lets say....a disco ? i dunno if i'm rite ...but i think the answer would b no.....
well....this may come as a bit of surprise but there r a lot of discos even in small towns in india.....ofcourse they r a little bit indianised but they do exist!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.