Indian parents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Premedtomed said:
waaaah why did I move to the US
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

lol when did you move here? It's funny cuz there are so few cute/nice indian guys here ... there were so many more choices in India lol ;)

Members don't see this ad.

priyanka said:
premedtomed,

Your parents totally rock I should say in that respect. My parents do it just because they think that is the way to do it. sigh. And kudos to you regarding your ability to fight your way through your relatives' attitude.

that's a good point... what's up with some relatives ???instead of encouraging you they want you to fail and be unhappy. it's really a disgrace i tell you. I wish we could pick relatives like we pick friends. Not all my relatives are mean some are extremely loving and nice but a feww... well let's not go there :)

DoctorMalki said:
that's a good point... what's up with some relatives ???instead of encouraging you they want you to fail and be unhappy. it's really a disgrace i tell you. I wish we could pick relatives like we pick friends. Not all my relatives are mean some are extremely loving and nice but a feww... well let's not go there :)

ohh it is terrible. they are nice and caring but negative minded.

i moved to the US in 1999 when I was 16yrs. of age

Members don't see this ad :)
Premedtomed said:
ohh it is terrible. they are nice and caring but negative minded.

i moved to the US in 1999 when I was 16yrs. of age

did u have to take ur boards there ? I came rt when I started 10th grade so I escaped them :) :cool:

DoctorMalki said:
lol when did you move here? It's funny cuz there are so few cute/nice indian guys here ... there were so many more choices in India lol ;)

What I hate is when I'm trying to talk to an indian girl I'm interested in and halfway through a conversation about hinduism or india, she feels compelled to ask whether I'm italian or a "mix." :mad:

-Ice

ice_23 said:
What I hate is when I'm trying to talk to an indian girl I'm interested in and halfway through a conversation about hinduism or india, she feels compelled to ask whether I'm italian or a "mix." :mad:

-Ice

is this a political joke? Sadly an Italian female is causing ripples in Indian politics.
Sadly

Premedtomed said:
is this a political joke? Sadly an Italian female is causing ripples in Indian politics.
Sadly

LOL, i suppose inadvertantly it could be construed as one, so I'll take credit for it?

No, i was responding to the idea that there aren't many indian guys out there for indian girls, and venting on the fact that when there is one that is (i.e. me) he gets confused for another completely unrelated race...

:mad:

-Ice

Is everyone here, born in india and then immigrated here. I'm first gen american, I usually dont check the india forum, but started posting in this thread cause i thought it was about Indian parents in the US. Although i guess their traits are universal.

Also do you only consider marrying/dating other indians?
I'm only 21 and my mom is already buggin me about indian girls after the first 18 yrs of my life she told me not to look at any and if a lingerie commercial came on tv, she freaks out and changes the channel as quickly as possible. I guess all parents have a little bit of crazy in them.

vikaskoth said:
I'm only 21 and my mom is already buggin me about indian girls after the first 18 yrs of my life she told me not to look at any and if a lingerie commercial came on tv, she freaks out and changes the channel as quickly as possible.

:laugh: :laugh:

vikaskoth said:
Is everyone here, born in india and then immigrated here. I'm first gen american, I usually dont check the india forum, but started posting in this thread cause i thought it was about Indian parents in the US. Although i guess their traits are universal.

Also do you only consider marrying/dating other indians?
I'm only 21 and my mom is already buggin me about indian girls after the first 18 yrs of my life she told me not to look at any and if a lingerie commercial came on tv, she freaks out and changes the channel as quickly as possible. I guess all parents have a little bit of crazy in them.

I like your mom lol...
anyway, although parents try not to expose their kids to vulgar stuff, the kids are inquisitive themselves and there are so many sources they can find out stuff they wanna know!!! wannna wanna know! Or maybe parents themselves know that we know stuff from other sources, but just dont wanna reaveal that they are "encouraging the kids to see more of that stuff" because then, forget looking at stuff teens will start doing stuff...not too goood....

vikaskoth said:

lol that's funny. I remember watching monsoon wedding with my parents and the scene where they start making out was funny cuz my parents started getting uncomfotable and turned off the tv lol :laugh:

doesnt matter if our parents wanted us to go into medicine or not, we are already in medicine...the grass is always greener on the other side.......

Members don't see this ad :)
wow...lot of indians...interesting gossips... :)

radha2004 said:
doesnt matter if our parents wanted us to go into medicine or not, we are already in medicine...the grass is always greener on the other side.......

Do you mean to say, that parents wouldn't want us to go into medicine, but computers if they were already into medicine or if they were doctors?

desikudi said:
wow...lot of indians...interesting gossips... :)

hey desikudi :D not gossips hehe, Indians rock along with some disadvantages, but in the long term they contribute to advantages, so why not! I thank the good Lord for letting me be an Indian

priyanka said:
hey desikudi :D not gossips hehe, Indians rock along with some disadvantages, but in the long term they contribute to advantages, so why not! I thank the good Lord for letting me be an Indian

i agree...proud to be an indian :thumbup:

DoctorMalki said:

hey hey..im nice and cute...:) and im a ndn guy. Anyways it doesn't matter, im headed to india next fall for med school, barring anything that changes my mind this year.

CaliAtenza said:
hey hey..im nice and cute...:) and im a ndn guy. Anyways it doesn't matter, im headed to india next fall for med school, barring anything that changes my mind this year.

lol and the nice and cute ones are moving to india too!!! I rest my case ;)

vikaskoth said:

Im first gen AND oldest born on EITHER side of the family.

Pressure to succeed? Nah :eek:

Buckeye(OH) said:
Im first gen AND oldest born on EITHER side of the family.

Pressure to succeed? Nah :eek:

im first generation as well...born and raised in da USA..but i have a TREMENDOUS PRESSURE to suceed..case in point: my dad tell me that he expects his childern to be just as sucessful as him, if not more. And no, im not doing medicine just because of that..i truly want to do it, but i just can't do it here under this system...

CaliAtenza said:
And no, im not doing medicine just because of that..i truly want to do it, but i just can't do it here under this system...

does that mean you want to practice in Canada, england, india etc or
you want to go to med school internationally?

vikaskoth said:
does that mean you want to practice in Canada, england, india etc or
you want to go to med school internationally?

nah..i want to practice back here in the states...but im willing to go to india for med school.

CaliAtenza said:
nah..i want to practice back here in the states...but im willing to go to india for med school.
so..have u already appeared the entrance examinations in India or u will be ,next yr..how does the process work for u..since u are an NRI.

CaliAtenza said:

I always wondered how that works... do you have to take an exam or something in India to get into an Indian medical school? and it's 5 years right ?

I am sure you'll ahave a great time... the adjusting might take a little bit of work :)

im not sure if i have to take an exam or not..im going next month to india to find out about that. Yeah, barring anything that really changes my mind (i.e. getting out of the medical field), i'll be leaving next fall. Its 4 and a half to 5 years...give or take. Adjusting..i dun think i'll have a problem with that.but iono..im still worried, lol.

DoctorMalki said:
I always wondered how that works... do you have to take an exam or something in India to get into an Indian medical school? and it's 5 years right ?

I am sure you'll ahave a great time... the adjusting might take a little bit of work :)

It basically works like this,

YOu get an MD from the med school and do some 1-2 years residency.
Then you Take the three steps of USMLE exams...and come to the US.

CaliAtenza said:
im not sure if i have to take an exam or not..im going next month to india to find out about that. Yeah, barring anything that really changes my mind (i.e. getting out of the medical field), i'll be leaving next fall. Its 4 and a half to 5 years...give or take. Adjusting..i dun think i'll have a problem with that.but iono..im still worried, lol.

Have a great time in India!! I am so jealous :p I wish I could go too :oops:

I AM A CANCERIAN ....WHAT DO WE DO? I KNOW WE EXCEL IN EATING AND SLEEPING :)

DoctorMalki said:
My mom is a gemini !! I think geminis do very well to adapt to their situations. Oh the reason I asked if you were a virgo was because you really tried to fix the error you made earlier and virgos are known to be perfectionists... I am a libra btw :)

DrPreet said:
I AM A CANCERIAN ....WHAT DO WE DO? I KNOW WE EXCEL IN EATING AND SLEEPING :)
cancerians are the best people of the zodiac....caring ....loving....and they do excel at eating and sleeping.....my sis does atleast..... :thumbup:

meetlife said:
cancerians are the best people of the zodiac....caring ....loving....and they do excel at eating and sleeping.....my sis does atleast..... :thumbup:

lol I agree! cancerians are extremely loving,caring and romantic but they do have a crabby side ;)

meetlife said:

WOHOO..SEE I KNEW IT.. LOL

DoctorMalki said:
lol I agree! cancerians are extremely loving,caring and romantic but they do have a crabby side ;)

YA, WE GOUT OUR SHARE OF DRAMAS.. :rolleyes:

DrPreet said:
YA, WE GOUT OUR SHARE OF DRAMAS.. :rolleyes:
no one is more dramatic than geminis........ :D

meetlife said:
no one is more dramatic than geminis........ :D

no i think DrPreet is right on this one lol .. cancerians definately take the cake ;)

priyanka said:

Hello everyone, i agree on everything said about indian parents but don;t u agree that they do this coz they luv us? and arent parents the same everywhere in the world??

hello....no coments about CAPRICORNS ??? i think they r the best

DoctorMalki said:
no i think DrPreet is right on this one lol .. cancerians definately take the cake ;)

Thanx..Thanx :idea:

parasiteatwork said:
hello....no coments about CAPRICORNS ??? i think they r the best

go CAPS! :thumbup: :thumbup:

What about Virgos

1hotaartichoke said:
What about Virgos

Bah :hungover:ismissive hand movement: Libra's are the bomb-diggitizzle.
I've noticed people born in September are AWESOME.

I rest my case :laugh:

CaptainJack02 said:
Bah :hungover:ismissive hand movement: Libra's are the bomb-diggitizzle.
I've noticed people born in September are AWESOME.

I rest my case :laugh:

yay! i made the cut! i was born in september! :D

1hotaartichoke said:
yay! i made the cut! i was born in september! :D

Hm, not yet. I'll have to see your biorythms and palmistry report first to be absolutely sure.

:laugh:

CaptainJack02 said:
Hm, not yet. I'll have to see your biorythms and palmistry report first to be absolutely sure.

:laugh:
well when are you gonna come over and check me out? ;)

1hotaartichoke said:
well when are you gonna come over and check me out? ;)

:eek: .... :cool: .... :luck:

Get a room u two. :)

-Ice