Independent study advice

Witless

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm hopefully going to be independently studying two AP courses next year: AP French Literature (which isn't offered at my school) and AP Statistics (which didn't fit into my schedule) on top of the 3 other AP courses I'm signed up for. I took two APs this year and did fairly well so I'm pretty confident in my ability to perform.

I have four years of being at the top of my honors French classes under my belt (and a score of 630 on the French subject SAT), so my French should be good enough for the French Lit exam and I took honors statistics this year, which basically covers everything in AP Stats (which is a new course next year, otherwise I would have taken it this year instead of honors) in less detail, so my background in that is pretty strong as well. These two courses shouldn't be much, if any, trouble.

If anyone has taken either of these exams (independently or otherwise), which review books and other exam prep materials would you recommend?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't remember there being an AP French course available when I was in high school, but I was able to test out of 2 years of french classes starting college for being at a similar level as you are. That totalled to 14 credit hours of classes I was given by the school, which was way more credit that I recieved for my chemistry and physics AP credits. This will probably vary depending on the school, but if you are that advanced in french also, make sure to look at similar options when picking colleges.
As far as study materials, Kaplan's study guides are pretty good.

Good luck.