Independent liability insurance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrRoRo

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am wondering what kind of independent insurance people use for relief work. I am currently working under a full-time contract and have liability insurance through that job but I am also going to start picking up some relief shifts at another clinic and need to find some independent insurance to cover me for that work as well. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Im not actually out in practice, but as a student we have the AVMA liability insurance. That might be worth looking into?

Just get AVMA PLIT or similar. Even when I was employed by a corporation with its own liability insurance, I always made sure to have my own policy through PLIT. It’s only $350/yr or so plus AVMA membership, and it allowed me to relief on the side. Also, I liked having my own policy since I’m sure the corporate liability has the hospital’s interest ahead of mine, particularly in cases where I get sued/board complaint AFTER I leave the job.

Reactions: 1 users