Increasing my GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stanfordhereiam

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I am a rising junior, and my overall gpa at my school is a 3.65. I am quite discouraged at my gpa, and not sure how to study anymore. I have received a fair share of B's and A's, thankfully no C's. My target gpa is a 3.82 at graduation. In order to do this, I need to keep a 4.0 for the next 4 semesters. This last semester in ochem 2, I worked really hard, and in fact I went into the final having an A in lecture. However, the final was worth 34% of the grade, and I did not do as well as I had expected. I really worked hard in that class, and the grade that I received just discouraged me. What are effective study strategies that you guys implement to get that A? I've looked around on other sites, and the strategies that they give there would be better suited for non-science majors...

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Study smarter, not harder. Split my studying across the whole semester so I would never truly cram, work ahead of due dates, work early in the morning so I would have the evenings to relax and sleep well, think critically and avoid memorization unless practical.

Reactions: 2 users
SDN swears by Anki. I also like lots of office hours. Let the teacher know you're dedicated. YMMV, but if your school has a premed frat, make some friends from there (at my school the frats are notorious for holding old tests). Find the times you aren't doing anything and fill those. (Long public transport commute=flashcards, long workouts=recorded lectures, etc.)

Reactions: 1 user