IMS, SMP?! UMDNJ, BU, Drexel ?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buddha101

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went to the dean of admissions at UMDNJ about a month ago for some advisement on what to do about becoming a competitive med applicant. My stats so far are MCAT 22 and overall GPA 3.173, Science GPA i'm guessing in the vicinity of 3.00 and a B.A. in English. He recommended taking 2 higher level bio courses this coming Fall '05 and retaking the MCAT in April to higher my stats before applying into UMDNJ's master's program. He told me at the end of all this that its no guarantee i'll get into med school if i do all this. Which came as a little shock but I accepted it in the end. It's at least worth a shot rather than looking over my shoulder the rest of my life, right?

Yeah, soooo...

I started figuring that if i do well enough this Fall and on the April MCAT what would to stop me from applying to other SMP or IMS programs other than the one at UMDNJ. Has anyone had experience with the UMDNJ master's program? Any success with getting into NJMS? Are you restricted just to NJMS?
Anyone find that there are superior programs to the one at UMDNJ? Anyone from NJ, please and advise or words of encourgement would greatly be appreciated :scared:

Members don't see this ad.