Important Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

butterflies06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are one's realistic chances of matching into Pediatrics despite failing Step II? Although I've been getting positive feedback from programs that I've interviewed at, I'm worried that they will download my Step II scores while submitting the rank list, see that I failed, not rank me, and I don't match at all. Has anyone experienced this? I would appreciate all experiences, good and bad. Thank you.

Very worried Poster

Members don't see this ad.

butterflies06 said:
What are one's realistic chances of matching into Pediatrics despite failing Step II? Although I've been getting positive feedback from programs that I've interviewed at, I'm worried that they will download my Step II scores while submitting the rank list, see that I failed, not rank me, and I don't match at all. Has anyone experienced this? I would appreciate all experiences, good and bad. Thank you.

Very worried Poster

are u AMG or IMG, if you belong to the former, you just have to in front of the children's hospital, they would pull u inside and offer the spot. Peds is the easiest residency to land in.

nobody is gonna look at ur step 2 score seriously, i had one of my colleagues writing step 2 after joining the residency,

butterflies06 said:

Very worried Poster

HEY UMM IM STARTIN YR 11 THIS YR AND AM INTERESTED IN BACHELOR OF MEDICINE FOR WHEN I GRADUATE AND GO ONTO THE UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, I WULD LIKE TO ONE DAY BECUM A PEDITRIC ONCOLOGIST, BUT ALL I KNO IS THAT THEY DEAL WITH CHILDREN WITH CANCER, CULD U PLEASE HELP ME AND TELL ME EXACTLY WAT A PEDIATRIC ONCOLOGIST DOES??? THANKING YOU HEAPS

Members don't see this ad :)
Lobbie said:
HEY UMM IM STARTIN YR 11 THIS YR AND AM INTERESTED IN BACHELOR OF MEDICINE FOR WHEN I GRADUATE AND GO ONTO THE UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, I WULD LIKE TO ONE DAY BECUM A PEDITRIC ONCOLOGIST, BUT ALL I KNO IS THAT THEY DEAL WITH CHILDREN WITH CANCER, CULD U PLEASE HELP ME AND TELL ME EXACTLY WAT A PEDIATRIC ONCOLOGIST DOES??? THANKING YOU HEAPS

I love dolphins. Can anybody tell me their average gestation period?

Lobbie,

I'm not sure where you're coming from, but why did you post something that was completely unrelated to my post?? I obviously can't help you with that question, but for all others, I would greatly appreciate any advice related to the original post. Thank you!

Lobbie said:

an oncologist treats patients with cancer. why do you want to become an oncologist if you dont even know what it is? i also dont recommend typing in all capital letters. it looks like you're shouting at us.
to the OP, sorry im just a third year so i can't help you, i just felt like responding to this weirdo . . . im sure you'll be ok. i want to do peds too, and everything i've heard is that its not all that competitive. good luck!