This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My firts rejection! New Hanover Regional Medical Center, Wilmington NC- I didn’t even know that I applied there :))

Quick question guys, do the programs offer IV's to those without NRMP ID's? Or does everyone have an NRMP ID yet? I was hoping to get mine sometime in october. Hope that doesn't matter?

I haven't either. Apparently, that doesn't matter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are the programs without NRMP numbers always ones that offer prematch?

My firts rejection! New Hanover Regional Medical Center, Wilmington NC- I didn’t even know that I applied there :))
funny how you didn't know you applied there. I stayed away from NC

I thought major procrastinator said friday brings good tidings? My inbox is still empty. nothing

Gm all!
I have few questions ,
1) Is it too late to apply for more IM program? FM ?
2) Can i apply for Fm without LOR? and can i use same PS which i used for IM?
3) For IM knowing for example Drexel will reject my application , is it worth?
There are so many program like that , which definitely going to reject my application, so SUNY down state, Luthran,montefiore Bronx
I live IN New York and i was kind of hoping for getting anything here.
Or Im program mostly now left for mr option all have cut off like 220 and + (and mine is 211 step 1)
4) Can we apply to program which do not participate in ERAS? (Non US IMG)
5) In post match how many specialities we can apply?
6) I haven't applied for FM so far, instead can i apply for FM in directly in post match?
7) Step 1 score is 1st filter?

I know these are many questions, and for me this is 1st time , also i have no friends or mentor to help.
So if anyone who can put up there suggestions , would be kind and helpful.

Hi,

Non- US IMG (need Visa)
Step 1 - 236
Step 2 ck - 24x
Step 2 cs - Pass
YOG 2016
3 LOR (from the states)
4 months of USCS
Some publications

First IV from NY (outside Match program)

Gm all!
I have few questions ,
There are so many program like that , which definitely going to reject my application, so SUNY down state, Luthran,montefiore Bronx
Or Im program mostly now left for mr option all have cut off like 220 and + (and mine is 211 step 1)
6) I haven't applied for FM so far, instead can i apply for FM in directly in post match?

I know these are many questions, and for me this is 1st time , also i have no friends or mentor to help.

It’s still very early. A lot of programs won’t have even a first look until Oct and will continue to having rolling reviews of new applicants, particualrly the less competitive.

Applying for FM without LOR will suck a bit, but defo write up a new PS and even explain why you don’t have an FM LOR.

a lot a lot of programs vary, I think a passing 1st score is the most common followed by 200, with the caveat that places like Hopkins have no filter but I doubt they interview below the mean, or even an SD above the mean.

You could probably use matcharesident to see which programs will filter you in.

If you’re being filtered out and don’t have a connection then it’s probably a waste to apply IMO

Also your bio probably suits some of the IMG super friendly programs in NY.

Reactions: 1 user
I thought major procrastinator said friday brings good tidings? My inbox is still empty. nothing
hahaha, I was just thinking same thing. It is still early in the day!!

I hate the weekends, rarely see anything new happen.

someone matched SUNY downstate last year with step 1<210

Gm all!
I have few questions ,

It’s still very early. A lot of programs won’t have even a first look until Oct and will continue to having rolling reviews of new applicants, particualrly the less competitive.

Applying for FM without LOR will suck a bit, but defo write up a new PS and even explain why you don’t have an FM LOR.

a lot a lot of programs vary, I think a passing 1st score is the most common followed by 200, with the caveat that places like Hopkins have no filter but I doubt they interview below the mean, or even an SD above the mean.

If you’re being filtered out and don’t have a connection then it’s probably a waste to apply IMO

Also primary care can be subsituted at times. If you have IM lor that was clinic based that can help. I would definitely do a new PS. It is definitely not too late to apply for anything. I would say after next friday your late

Members don't see this ad :)
someone matched SUNY downstate last year with step 1<210

I did my rotation at SUNy downstate, their Step1 score is 225 and i asked attending @ may be if he can out up word with PD.
But thing which i noticed many students come and go and they said that to everyone, because today everyone better even during externships .
May be i will call Prog coordinator and aks @ if i can apply with this score.
Thanks for ur suggestions

Hey,
Whats IMO? I have MAR but i paid only for IM , and whats left is either i can apply additional 26 IM (i already applied to 124)
or 40 FM .
thanks for your suggestions.

Hi,

Non- US IMG (need Visa)
Step 1 - 236
Step 2 ck - 24x
Step 2 cs - Pass
YOG 2016
3 LOR (from the states)
4 months of USCS
Some publications

First IV from NY (outside Match program)
Congratulations , Keep it up.:highfive:

Hey,
Whats IMO? I have MAR but i paid only for IM , and whats left is either i can apply additional 26 IM (i already applied to 124)
or 40 FM .
thanks for your suggestions.
Although you only need 1 IV to match the number to be safe is around 6 IVs in one speciality. So if you get 5 in IM and apply to only 40 FM and get 1-2 IV that does not mean you had 7 contigous ranks. So I would apply as if your goal is to get at least 5-6 IVs in each speciality.

1st interview! Florida! :)

Reactions: 8 users
US - IMG
STEP 1 - 235-240
Step 2ck - 235-240
Step 2cs - pass
4 US LORs.
YOG- 2017
Applied to 130 programs.

No IVs so far. 2 acknowledgements (I dont think they mean anything though)

Last edited:
I applied to the orlando program and nothing. Now I'm scared. I need a visa though so mine is a little complicated
I think it's too early to be scared of anything. We all have some sort of red flags in our applications. As a general rule, "NO" application is perfect.

Thanks :) I applied on Sep 8. Does it matter to apply at a specific time before Sep 15?
hmm.. I don't think so. Apparently, all application submitted between Sept 5th and Sept 15th will be stamped as submitted on Sept 15th. Unless you submitted your application before Sept 5th. I have no idea if those who submitted their applications early get an upper hand.

I

I think we are going to meet each other for several times during IV season ;)

Lol given the similarities of our applications, certainly we are! :))

Congratulations! Interview season is officially open for us! ;)

congrats! Mind if I ask if y'all applied before Sept 5th deadline or the Sept 15th deadline?

Thank you!)

I applied on September 15th. All apps 9/5-15 are dated for the programs as 9/15.

please let us know if you did a rotation or have a connection at the place you recieve an IV

Everyone without an interview try to relax. > 40-50% of interviews go after MSPE in October. Most of my friends got 2-3 on the first day after MSPE was released so hang in there!

Just received a “Future Interest” email from Jacobi NY. What does it mean? He asked me a question about my future plans, but Isn’t that an IV question?

Reactions: 1 users
Just received a “Future Interest” email from Jacobi NY. What does it mean? He asked me a question about my future plans, but Isn’t that an IV question?
They ask this every year, it means if they like your response you get an IV. Everyone who applies there does not get that email. Good Luck!!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone

good luck to those applying.

i don't know if anyone applying this year or if previous years can stalking this thread can answer...but what are the chances of a FMG who did not pass step 1 on first try?

Hi everyone

i don't know if anyone applying this year or if previous years can stalking this thread can answer...but what are the chances of a FMG who did not pass step 1 on first try?

If you research programs well, youll see there are many programs that take people who have not passed on their first try. SDN is full of high-achievers so take everything everyone says with a grain of salt.

I would imagine they are trying to figure out if your future plans "fit" with the program and the type of training they provide. It may also be a strategy to categorize applicants to make it easier to review applications. Seems like information they need to review applications so just answer the question honestly and hope for the best! :thumbup:

Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone

FM not bad, in IM very very low.

Also depends on retake score and ck and cs and everything else. if everytrhing else shows significant improvement you will be okay. If you fail again or lack to show significant change you are likely screwed.

I would imagine they are trying to figure out if your future plans "fit" with the program and the type of training they provide. It may also be a strategy to categorize applicants to make it easier to review applications. Seems like information they need to review applications so just answer the question honestly and hope for the best! :thumbup:
Yeah, I received the same email. That's the only thing I've received from a program. No IV's, no rejections, no acknowledgements. NOTHING. This waiting is going to be painful.

Non-US IMG - US Permanent Resident
Step 1 - 223
Step 2ck - 222 (2nd attempt - only red flag)
Step 2cs - pass
All clinical experience in US
4 LORs - 3 US (clinical - 2 IM Sub-I - Mayo Clinic, Northwestern; 1 Heme/Onc); 1 Canada (clinical research - Head of Hepatology)
YOG - 2017 (been working as clinical research assistant at University program in Canada)
2 publications submitted (first author - 1 clinical research; 1 case report); 1 poster presentation; 10 oral presentations
Canadian PoCUS Certification
Volunteer at Palliative Care facility - Mar 2018 to present; 3 other volunteer exp
Applied to 50 of the most IMG friendly programs due to a lot of programs requiring 1st time pass on all exams

No acknowledgments/IVs yet, but no rejections either. Hoping programs can look past my failed attempt w/ my strong LORs and experience. Only time will tell.
apply to FM as well.

If you apply both, and rank both, and your first choice in both IM and FM rank you, which one does it match you to? Not sure how that works.

Whichever you ranked higher than the other. Each rank spot can only have 1 program.

If you apply both, and rank both, and your first choice in both IM and FM rank you, which one does it match you to? Not sure how that works.
whichever one you rank number 1.

forexample

1) IM
2) FM

if both those programs rank you number 1 you get IM since you also ranked it number 1

ROL is all specilaities you apply to combined in 1, you dont make separate lists for each speciality. I personally am going to rank all my Im programs and then all FM after.

Step 1 240
Step 2 252, CS 1st attempt
Step 3 233
Yog 2009
ACGMEi residency training in Qatar
2 publications, ongoing research projects
US visa required
Got 1 interview reading hospital PA and 2 rejections so far(1 of them programs didn't sponsor visas NC)
Programs applied 114..

Just received a “Future Interest” email from Jacobi NY. What does it mean? He askI ed me a question about my future plans, but Isn’t that an IV question?

I got this too. Im curious as to what answer theyre looking for to give out an interview.

Permanent Resident
(All first attempt)
Step 1: 222
Step 2 CK: 240
Step 2 CS: Pass
ECFMG Certified

4 months USCE
4 U.S. LORS; 1 IM; 2 GI; 1 FM

YOG: 2018
Programs applied to: 206
I applied 5 days late because 2 of my LORs were still being processed by ECFMG and my seniors told me its better to send in a complete application rather than add LORs later. Will the delay hurt me?

Any feedback on my chances is appreciated

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.