IMG Internal Medicine Applicants - 2022 Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No IV, just rejections. 😔

Members don't see this ad.

Signaling would be helpful when applicants sent the signal to the right program considering application criteria otherwise it is waste of signaling. I agree that some programs or even most programs do not care about signaling! Just extra work for applicants and a new entertainment for programs! 😄
I agree - I have had interview offers at 2 of the 5 programs I signaled. I didn't waste signals on programs that don't accept international graduates or that don't match my career goals, and focused on IMG friendly programs that have a good track record of getting people into my fellowship of interest. It definitely paid off!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
+IV Flushing Medical Center… does anyone know if it’s considered a malignant program?

WTF is "signaling"?
Applicants are being asked to”add a gold star” to up to 5 programs, which shows their real/added interest. It is just like the proverbial phone call, we used to make after IVs, “I have ranked you really really high” now due to the deluge of applications this is ERAS’s way of helping the programs gauge some extra interest, I think an idea that works better in htheoryinan ideal world, in practice is pretty bleh!

This thread has been silent compared to past years, so I will start contributing by posting my experience. I hope everyone does the same so we can help and support each other throughout this match season.

YOG 2019
Non-US IMG, but I have a GC
Step 1: 24*
Step 2 CK: 24*
Step 2 CS: fail. Certified through pathway 6.

Applied to 250+ programs.
Plenty of rejections
5 interviews; mostly new and community programs

FIU-VAHCS - Primary care track
Wayne State University - Ascension Providence
Florida State University - Cape Coral
Hackensack University Medical Center (Palisades)
Sutter Health - Sutter Roseville Medical Center

I am grateful for the number of interviews I have received but my ERAS has been silent for 2 weeks right now:(. Hopefully will get more over the next few weeks.

If anyone has experience with any of these programs I would appreciate it if you could share it with me. Thank you.

Last edited:
This thread has been silent compared to past years, so I will start contributing by posting my experience. I hope everyone does the same so we can help and support each other throughout this match season.

YOG 2019
Non-US IMG, but I have a GC
Step 1: 242
Step 2 CK: 242
Step 2 CS: fail. Certified through pathway 6.

Applied to 250+ programs.
Plenty of rejections
5 interviews; mostly new and community programs

FIU-VAHCS - Primary care track
Wayne State University - Ascension Providence
Florida State University - Cape Coral
Hackensack University Medical Center (Palisades)
Sutter Health - Sutter Roseville Medical Center

I am grateful for the number of interviews I have received but my ERAS has been silent for 2 weeks right now:(. Hopefully will get more over the next few weeks.

If anyone has experience with any of these programs I would appreciate it if you could share it with me. Thank you.
More will come definitely. Focus on interview prep. I have zero interviews with 3 rejections. Still hopeful! Applied to about 145 programs bcos I need visa and cant apply to more programs. Your GC is a huge plus despite CS fail. All the best!

I'm currently at zero interviews. USIMG, grad 2022, applying for IM. Low scores. should I just give up now?

I'm currently at zero interviews. USIMG, grad 2022, applying for IM. Low scores. should I just give up now?
No! According to my research, interview are sent in batches. The programs I am in touch with have only sent their first batch. Most programs are in this category. There's a program that sends only IVs in November. So hang in there. We are in the same boat

No! According to my research, interview are sent in batches. The programs I am in touch with have only sent their first batch. Most programs are in this category. There's a program that sends only IVs in November. So hang in there. We are in the same boat
thank you so much. needed that

Members don't see this ad :)
Generally how difficult has it been getting II and matching for those who are reapplicants?
Also how good does your app have to be?

Applied 145 programs after finishing my pathology residency. Got 5 IV so far.
Bronxcare,TTUHS-El paso, Inspira,TJUH,Abington. Hope will get more.

Anyone have any thoughts on going to visit the hospitals and trying to meet PDs? I live in highly populated area and I'm thinking of just going to a dozen of the hospitals around and taking my chances on meeting PDs. I just don't know if that is beneficial, hurtful or indifferent, Thoughts?

A few more IVs:
Roger Williams
Medstar Health/Georgetown Program
Beaumont Royal Oak

Waitlisted:
Yale Traditional

Rejections:
U of Colorado
Cedars Sinai

Has anyone had luck finding the Lakeland Regional IM Program? I read an article where they are taking residents July 2022 forward but i don't see any program details

Has anyone had luck finding the Lakeland Regional IM Program? I read an article where they are taking residents July 2022 forward but i don't see any program details
No, I did not find it.

I contacted them (the program coordinator) and she stated she was forwarding my query (when they would be listed) to the program director but haven’t heard anything yet.

Is it likely (based on the last match cycle) to receive invitations in November? I am an NON-US IMG with average scores (232,247). I'm more than worried at this point with 0 IVs. Feel like I'm invisible to programs :(

I have the same issue. Applied to 180+ programs, 0 interview, 1 waitlist at Yale (I signaled).
Non-US IMG, YOG 2017, Step1 240+ Step2 250+, ECFMG certified (but my certificate was issued 2 weeks after my application), 11 publication (3 published, 2 accepted, 3 poster, 2 oral, 1 commentary), top 5% class rank, 4 months USCE. I am doing USCE now, once a week though. I am taking medical history and doing physicals but idk if I can say hands-on since it's after graduation. No geo preference. Visa required.
Idk if this is normal but not having any IV at this point is scary.

Acknowledgement from the University at Buffalo (Catholic Health System--Sisters of Charity).

Do you guys know about the ERAS glitch claims on Twitter?

Is it likely (based on the last match cycle) to receive invitations in November? I am an NON-US IMG with average scores (232,247). I'm more than worried at this point with 0 IVs. Feel like I'm invisible to programs :(
Yes it is, I had a similar experience.

Rejections
+4 New Hanover Regional Medical Center
+5Jefferson, Abington Hospital

IVs at Danbury and St Elizabeth Medical Centre.

Otherwise it's been a rejection heavy few days; UT San Antonio, UMMS Baystate, Abington Memorial, Hennepen, NYU Langone, UPenn, Loyola

Applied 145 programs after finishing my pathology residency. Got 5 IV so far.
Bronxcare,TTUHS-El paso, Inspira,TJUH,Abington. Hope will get more.
Hi, Congratulations! I got Abington too. When is yours?

Hi, YOG 2016, step 1 210, step 2 216, step 3 this months. NON us IMG

no interview until now. any hope or luck?

IVs at Danbury and St Elizabeth Medical Centre.

Otherwise it's been a rejection heavy few days; UT San Antonio, UMMS Baystate, Abington Memorial, Hennepen, NYU Langone, UPenn, Loyola
When did you receive rejection from UT San Antonio?

Hi, YOG 2016, step 1 210, step 2 216, step 3 this months. NON us IMG

no interview until now. any hope or luck?
So far people with much better credentials than yours are not getting interviews. No one knows what’s going on but let’s hope it will trickle down more.