This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to offer some consolation to those who didn’t match. First of all don’t give up. Go HAM on soap it’s still not over and be ready. Second of all I was in your guys position last year albeit I didn’t match because I didn’t apply. However the question of “what do I do for the year?” applied to me. I took the “year off” and did research. It was the most rewarding and fun experience I’ve had. I published papers and felt like a normal human being again. It was nice and allowed me to really be strategic for this cycle and ultimately match. I am in a better headspace now and about to go on another vacation before match. Good luck everyone, it’s not the end of the world. 1 year makes no difference in the grand scheme of things if you enjoy it and continuing working towards your goal of being a physician!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Hi guys

Anyone that took Step 3 after Dec 31st, 2018, and has gotten results already?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
To end off a perfect week for NRMP/ERAS
503d01e.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users
For those who matched- to me it has just started to sink it that " hey! you did actually match and very soon you will be responsible for people's lives." and then i get nervous. anyone else feeling the same away? :)

Reactions: 8 users
For those who matched- to me it has just started to sink it that " hey! you did actually match and very soon you will be responsible for people's lives." and then i get nervous. anyone else feeling the same away? :)
I check nrmp every couple hours to make sure it wasnt a mistake lol. Im not nervous yet but Im dying for it to be Friday!!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Whoever made this..

LMAO...
3c11f47.jpeg

Reactions: 9 users
lol i check nrmp and the email, and asked my dad to read it to make sure i can read properly. still don't believe it

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know how the email will look like on friday? will it just say it on the subject line. will it show up on nrmp? im asking because i want the reveal to be with family and i dont want to ruin the surprise.

Reactions: 1 user
anyone know how the email will look like on friday? will it just say it on the subject line. will it show up on nrmp? im asking because i want the reveal to be with family and i dont want to ruin the surprise.
The title of the email was "Where Did I Match?" last year. The details are in the email. Good luck.

Reactions: 4 users
same! i have definitely looked at that email at least 10 times now if not more. i feel like since we don’t know where we matched it just doesn’t feel tangible and seems very up in the air for now. come Friday it will definitely feel more real

Reactions: 1 users
I heard programs find out their match list today. Is that true? I think this is what that means "
" March 14th 4:00 p.m. ET : Program Confidential Roster of Matched Applicants report available (by email and R3 system)"

Last edited:
I heard programs find out their match list today. Is that true? I think this is what that means "
" March 14th 4:00 p.m. ET : Program Confidential Roster of Matched Applicants report available (by email and R3 system)"
idk which day they find out exactly. but I do remember last year my friend found out a day or two earlier (that he wasn’t going to program X) cause he had a friend at program X who knew the PD well

Edit: don’t know if that made sense but to sum it up, he didn’t know which program he was going to, but he knew he definitely wasn’t going to program X

idk which day they find out exactly. but I do remember last year my friend found out a day or two earlier (that he wasn’t going to program X) cause he had a friend at program X who knew the PD well

Edit: don’t know if that made sense but to sum it up, he didn’t know which program he was going to, but he knew he definitely wasn’t going to program X

I also heard medical schools find out where we matched today. I wonder if that also applies to IMGs. Could we call our school registrar and find out????

Yes, programs find out today which applicants matched at their programs

I also heard medical schools find out where we matched today. I wonder if that also applies to IMGs. Could we call our school registrar and find out????

Yes medical schools also find out today. However, for IMGs our registrar is the ECFMG, so they received this information but they will not share it because it is a match violation.

Reactions: 4 users
Yes, programs find out today which applicants matched at their programs

Yes medical schools also find out today. However, for IMGs our registrar is the ECFMG, so they received this information but they will not share it because it is a match violation.

Do you know how long the information is embargoed for the Program Directors? I've heard from a couple of people that they start giving calls tomorrow?

Do you know how long the information is embargoed for the Program Directors? I've heard from a couple of people that they start giving calls tomorrow?

As per the NRMP match agreement, they can't contact you until 1 pm. I don't know the extent as to how many of them actually follow these rules. Having said that, it's most likely that nobody will call before 12 pm, which is when the match day celebrations occur in US medical schools.

I wouldnt be mad if my program decided to violate rules and message me. Dont do it! I wont be mad though ;)

I’m a addicted to this suspense. Make me wait more.

I’m not even going to open the NRMP email, going to wait for the program to email me.

I’m not even going to open the NRMP email, going to wait for the program to email me.

Living life on the edge.

lol, I wish I had that kind of will power. I have had my fair share of suffering and waiting. NO MORE!!! ;)

I'm just going to wait until July 2nd and see which PD emails me saying that I didn't show up for my first day of intern year.

Reactions: 10 users
I was thinking
of waiting until my school match day ceremony (which is in the evening) and open the email then with my family and friends ... but... I don’t have the will power , most likely will end up opening at work at 1 pm lol

Explaining the anxieties of last week to family has been a ****show..
e851690.jpeg

Do programs call their new interns? Or they reach out via email?

Last edited:

pretty sure you weren't feeling this way sunday night hahahaha

8 more hours and we find out where our home will be for the next 3 years! good luck everyone and I hope we all get a program within our top 3!

Reactions: 2 users
8 more hours and we find out where our home will be for the next 3 years! good luck everyone and I hope we all get a program within our top 3!
The best part of today is we cant lose.

Let’s do this! Hoing to be a great day! Can’t wait to see where I will start residency! woo hoo

What time does the email come? I’ve woken up uncharacteristically early

Congratulations to all of you that matched! I am new here and plan on applying for the Match in the next season. I wanted to know if doing Step 3 before sending out applications will positively affect my chances of securing a match?
Thank you!

Congratulations to all of you that matched! I am new here and plan on applying for the Match in the next season. I wanted to know if doing Step 3 before sending out applications will positively affect my chances of securing a match?
Thank you!
Research + contacts + observerships + stronger letters > rest (in my opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.