"I'm interested" email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I sent out an "I'm interested" email to a PD 5 days ago and have not heard anything still. What is the next step in the algorithm? Do I send him a reminder or go after a different faculty member?

I wouldn't do anything. If you sent an email directly to the PD, then he got it and that's that. They may be sitting on your application and deciding - just give them some more time. I think that sending out another e-mail would be a little stalker-like... :scared:

sorry to bump an old thread but I thought it may be better than starting an entirely new thread with similar questions.

I sent emails out to the program coordinators of 3 programs I am extremely interested in. I heard back from one stating all their dates are filled but I am on their waiting list. I didn't hear back from the other two. It's been a good while.

Would it be totally stalkeresque to email the PD directly after having emailed the PC? I don't want to anger the PC gods either.

Help!