I'm failing A&P :/ FML

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What's a better option if I get a D or fail?

• Retake the class with the bad teacher and just try even harder.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Ignore the D. Take regular anatomy and ace it.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Joleybear

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
One C will not kill your application. Just make sure to not get any more C's, and be sure adjust your current studying habits since it really only gets harder as you progress. Also make sure your school accepts online science courses since I know a lot do not.

One C will not kill your application. Just make sure to not get any more C's, and be sure adjust your current studying habits since it really only gets harder as you progress. Also make sure your school accepts online science courses since I know a lot do not.
They accept online for some not all. I might get a D though :/ Thats the issue. if I get a D I dont know if I should retake it to get rid of the D and risk failing again because i dont fit well with the professor or just leave the D on my record and take plain anatomy (which is what the school seems ot prefer they said 3 hrs of anatomy or 6 hrs of A&P)

Members don't see this ad :)
First of all stop panicking. Anatomy class is one of the easiest of all science. Wait until you take biochemistry.
Second it's mostly all memorization. You need to sit down and memorize bones (or whatever). what helped me I always printed out diagrams of body parts. Than what part i learned I colored it,, but the time you know for ex cardiovascular system it should be all colored. Than I talk it loud 100 times, sit with my friend and test each other back and force on naming.
Second, sorry to hear about your kids... but honestly if you get C- (which you will have to retake), you won't tell the school it's because you worked and didn't have time. We all understand our problems, but simple we can't tell that to school.
Lastly, why would you hate anatomy? No one makes you to do dissections lol. Just sit and memorize. That's why most hate cause it's hard

Just score above 15 on your PCAT and you'll be fine. Seriously, they're accepting everyone these days. Maybe if you ask nicely, they'll waive the rest of your pre-reqs.

Reactions: 1 user
First of all stop panicking. Anatomy class is one of the easiest of all science. Wait until you take biochemistry.
Second it's mostly all memorization. You need to sit down and memorize bones (or whatever). what helped me I always printed out diagrams of body parts. Than what part i learned I colored it,, but the time you know for ex cardiovascular system it should be all colored. Than I talk it loud 100 times, sit with my friend and test each other back and force on naming.
Second, sorry to hear about your kids... but honestly if you get C- (which you will have to retake), you won't tell the school it's because you worked and didn't have time. We all understand our problems, but simple we can't tell that to school.
Lastly, why would you hate anatomy? No one makes you to do dissections lol. Just sit and memorize. That's why most hate cause it's hard
Disagree. it is the most boring and most difficult. Ive had the others and theyre no problem. I aced everything else Ive taken. I can memorize 6 pages of information in and hr or two. Anatomy is just super boring! I had to memorize a page in French and it took me 20 minutes and I had no idea what I was even saying half the time but it was easy. It's definitely NOT simple memorization. Also, I did tell my school my grades went down because I had no time for my work because I split with my ex husband and had my kids alone...and I was accepted. So I can? Im not lying my way into a school. That said, I really just think I'm failing because I don't care about it. I find everything else interesting, but I think anatomy is stupid. I don't want to be a surgeon or a regular dr. Pharmacy doesn't require as in depth anatomy skills as those careers. I wish I could take "Anatomy for Pharmacists" and only study what's necessary because
I really don't care which bone is where and what muscle helps it move.

Last edited:
Just score above 15 on your PCAT and you'll be fine. Seriously, they're accepting everyone these days. Maybe if you ask nicely, they'll waive the rest of your pre-reqs.
LOL. Im not worried about the PCAT apart from anything anatomy related lol... I have no issues with math reading bio chem etc. I have As in my other prerequisite courses.

Well I wish Id looked her up online first! I checked rate my professor and literally she has the lowest/worst ratings possible. a 5/5 for difficulty and a 1.0 out of how good she is as a teacher... I concur...

Taking it again with the same teacher is the definition of insanity (at least to me :p) unless you feel you really didn't put in effort this time. Just take anatomy if that's all you have to take (or if you can find a way to take it with another professor). If you can pull a C and did fine in all of your other prereqs it won't really matter. I'd also just get use to learning a lot of stuff you don't think you'll need in the future/don't find interesting because it doesn't directly relate to pharmacy. You will have to take physiology again at Creighton so taking it now is nice because you can waive it later (and people struggle with it).

Taking it again with the same teacher is the definition of insanity (at least to me :p) unless you feel you really didn't put in effort this time. Just take anatomy if that's all you have to take (or if you can find a way to take it with another professor). If you can pull a C and did fine in all of your other prereqs it won't really matter. I'd also just get use to learning a lot of stuff you don't think you'll need in the future/don't find interesting because it doesn't directly relate to pharmacy. You will have to take physiology again at Creighton so taking it now is nice because you can waive it later (and people struggle with it).
I think I'd mind it less with a good teacher. I honestly have a personal dislike for my professor in general and maybe that is making it even worse. Actually, I'm sure it is. lol. I *was* looking forward to anatomy and physiology until I started her class and now the thought of it bothers me. I just feel like her teaching methods are very confusing and not direct. Plus she doesn't always teach the same things she puts on her exams and she doesn't tell us what to study in the book itself (in case we can't follow her lectures, which are as I said, awful). So we basically need to look about in the book and hope we study the right material - which it seems most of us don't since our averages on exams have been Ds.

Last edited:
On the plus side even with a D Ill have a 3.0 (this is my first semester at this school). I guess that's acceptable for now.

I felt the same way when I took Cell Biology(the worst class I ever took during undegraduate) And I have NO idea how I got through it but I did. Honestly OP we all have horrible teachers. I studied so hard so that class and lost sleep for the exams because I wanted to be prepared. But the professor was the huge problem. She actually expected PhD students out of that class but I knew I wanted to gain as much as I can since this material will be relevant in pharmacy school and it will be. So take it for me, keep doing what you can do. If the professor is not working with you, can you take the class again? AP is heavily focused on the PCAT so I would digest as much as I can. Another option for you(you might not like this option), have you tried taking it an community college cause I did and it was cheaper for me. And I went and graduated an 4 year engineering school with an BS degree in Biochemistry so you can totally do this.

Well I wish Id looked her up online first! I checked rate my professor and literally she has the lowest/worst ratings possible. a 5/5 for difficulty and a 1.0 out of how good she is as a teacher... I concur...
given that creighton is an online school, they will want to see you perform well in online courses. also, check their policy about online lab and science courses such as A&P and etc. I know they except online courses but I'm not sure about science and math courses

Take a deep breath. Ask the professor for help, be in communication and the moment you were having trouble in the course you should have shown initiative into fixing the problem. Now, you are at the end of the course and probably have one or two exams at the most left. Its hard to fix a problem when you haven't taken the initiative. Are you registered with campus's disability services? They can help you with your anxiety and help to develop solutions.

I want to also point out that it would be better to deal with your anxiety before you end up in the pharmacy program. Really think if an online only program is the best option. I know you have kids that you have to provide for but online classes aren't going to get easier in pharmacy school. Also considering some of your kids are special needs, what happens when you have to be away for practical experience? Still will be studying 60 plus hours on the online program, would you be better in attending an in person program where they personally develop relationships with you and they can help you succeed.