Illinois Resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nor2themax

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is for all Illinois Residents. What schools did you apply to and what are your stats? What results so far?

I've been rejected from Pritzker and put on "hold" at Loyola with no interview. I have an interview at SIU and Kentucky and Albany

Nora

Members don't see this ad.

Hi.
4 interviews so far: Vanderbilt, SIU, Rush, UofI at Rockford.
3.93, 33R

Rejected from: Mayo, U of Chicago.

I think I am calling Loyola tomorrow. They are taking too long!

hi,

I had an interview at : Pitt.

Future planned interview at: vanderbily, U of C (pritzker), Slu, finch, UT Southwestern Dallas (MSTP).

Stats: 32 "O", 3.8 GPA, 3.95 BCPM gpa.

I got put on waitlist, pre secondary at SIU. They are really looking for SOUTHERN illinois residents.

northwestern is busy loosing track of my secondary between two offices...
UIC is busy having lost my rec letters, and claiming not to have gotten them... :mad: gr...

I applied everywhere... (30 schools). once i hear from one school, i can really cut down many of those apps.

sonya

Members don't see this ad :)
vanderbily? hehe no need to make fun of it just because it's in Tennesse with those hillbillies :) J/K. I'm from Springfield... so I'm hoping that SIU will be my first acceptance.

hey guys.... gpa 4.0...mcat 35...

so far interviewed at umich, siu, indy...going to iowa, uic, and rush in the next week or so. haven't heard back from any of the others yet. any advice on these schools??? havent really heard anything good about uic although i know some friends up there ... siu was SUPER small i thought... other than that i'll let ya know what i think after some of these interviews. good luck guys

Grr, on hold at Loyola until early next year. This whole process just doesn't make much sense to me.

GPA 3.71, MCAT (10V, 10B, 9P), non-traditional, Bachelor of Fine Arts

UIC - interviewed (will hear mid-Nov)

SIU - interviewed (NOT from southern IL)

Chicago Med - interviewed (will hear mid-Nov)

Univ of WI - top of waitlist

Medical College of WI - ACCEPTED :)

Haven't heard from Loyola, Rush, Northwestern, and rejected from U of C

GPA 3.54 MCAT (10B 10P 13V)

Rush - Interview 11/25

SIU - Interviewed 10/28 - I AM from Southern IL

Loyola and Drexel - on hold until 2004

U of Chicago - rejected

Haven't heard from UIC.

I'm also interviewing at Kentucky, Albany

I'm pending at Temple, Pitt, Louisville, BU, Tufts, Penn State, Jefferson, Wake, Tulane, MCW, Michigan, SLU, Vandy

LOL, just got an interview at Loyola. I must have jumped to conclusions about being on hold. :)

I think I will really like this school!
Nov 12

Accepted: UMich, Vandy

Interviewed/Interviewing at: Yale, Cornell, Baylor, WUSTL

-Ice

Just got rejected from SIU- pre secondary,pre interview
I guess they didnt like the 35 MCAT, 3.9 GPA. Maybe they woulda loooked more favorably on me if I got a 37 or something.

Accepted at UMich, Case.

Rejected at Vandy pre-secondary.

Waiting on Northwestern (no interview yet).

Withdrew from everywhere else after the UMich acceptance.

just thought I would let you uic interviewees know that they are probably meeting this thursday or latest next thursday......good luck....if you don't get in immediately don't stress....btw......UIC ROCKS......yea classes are big and they overload you with a lot of courses...tough.....but its a reputable school..and the CLINICAL EXPOSURE IS AMAZING......pm me with any ?sss

Members don't see this ad :)
accepted: cwru

interviewed/ing: georgetown, uic, loyola (withdrew), bu, nyu

(rejected: stanford, post-secondary)

So we should be hearing from UIC next week?

I would think so. They told us at our interviews that the committee would meet for the first time to make decisions in early Nov.

Northwestern- 12/9

Yay!

How did the SIU interview go?
I am interviewing there in January

chicagohope

My SIU interview went pretty well. The town is really small, which would be weird but I liked the school. It's very small group based, which would be great. I had 2 faculty interviewers which contrasted each other completely. One woman, a pathologist, was the nicest interviewer I have met. The other was a man who was a PhD in microbiology who was foreign and I could barely understand him. The interview was in his lab and he kept getting interupted and then would forget what we were talking about. I'm sure this was an exception, but it kind of shook me.

I got waitlisted at SIU. The woman interviewer made it very clear that she would have to convince the committee that I really wanted to come there. Apparently they thought I really didn't want to come there, or maybe it was something else, who knows.

Good luck at your interview!

Thanks LISA

they let you know pretty quickly eh? Well there is still hope--i know people who got off SIU waitlists.

I put off my interview until January (conveniently when i am home in IL for x-mas)--now i am on the east coast in graduate school.

Do you think I should try to reschedule my interview earlier?
I wonder if i put myself at a disadvantage interviewing later.

I would love to go to SIU--but i see what you mean about trying to convince them of that without displaying desperation!

chicagohope

I'd bet you are fine interviewing in Jan. Especially if it will save you money on airfare. Clearly interviewing early didn't help me, but I'm not TOO upset cause I already have an acceptance somewhere that I'd rather be.:) Although it's always tough to be waitlisted regardless...kind of like being rejected by the guy you didn't like :laugh:

Regarding trying to convince them... I don't know how you can do that. The woman interviewer was so nice, she told me that I would have no problem getting into medical school, which is just so awesome to hear from someone on an admissions committee, but after she said that, she said, I'm going to have to convince the committee you would want to come HERE. I don't know if that meant they thought I'd have choices or what. But it seems silly cause why would I take a day off of work to drive hours and hours through central IL if I didn't like the school. Well anyway, I just said I really like their curriculum because it's so small group based, which I thought was a completely valid answer. Nothing else I could say unless I had relatives there, which I don't.

I interviewed at SIU on 10/28 and haven't heard anything from them since. I'm from Springfield and it's one of my top choices.

Springfield really isn't that small guys! 120,000!!

I interviewed on 10/10 and received a letter about 2 1/2 weeks ago. When I say small, I mean it would be a stark contrast to living in Chicago for the last 5 years since graduating from college.

3.86 GPA, 32M MCAT (August), nontrad

Chicago applications: Northwestern, U of C, Loyola, Rush, UIC

Made it past secondary for the above. No interviews yet. Due to August MCAT, I'm on a later schedule. It was worth it, though - got my MCAT a little higher. We'll see how much the timing hurts me. Waiting is difficult!!!!!

:p :clap: :p

Just a note of interest... if you are North of I-80 don't take a rejection from SIU personally. Look at their mission statement. Their goal is to educate the future physicians of Central and Southern Illinois. They figure that anyone from the Chicagoland area won't be sticking around after graduation. I interviewed there and the dean was pretty open about their policy of trying to accept people from more rural areas of the state. Sure, are there some examples of people who get in from Cook County? Ofcourse. In fact, the girl that led my campus tour last year was from a suburb. This isn't a bitter post... I got in someplace else that I really wanted to be at and am loving every minute of it. I just wanted to let everyone know the situation down there.

For those waiting around from Loyola, don't lose hope. I didn't even get an invite for interview until January and got in.

Same goes for Northwestern... they interview pretty late too.

Any questions feel free to PM me.
Good luck everyone.