Ideas for summer activities?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peeshee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to do something productive this summer. We get about 4-5 weeks for break, and I was thinking of getting some international medical experience. There are so many agencies, etc., out there that I am not sure which one to choose. I want to have a good learning experience and at the same time enjoy it. Any ideas? I am thinking of going to Thailand right now.
hope to hear from you soon!
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

PB - just have fun, please.

I can't remember what year you're in, but there will come a time when you won't have the liberty to take 4-5 weeks off and play.

Of course, if you think going on a medical mission would be fun and restful by all means go ahead, but don't do it because you think it will help your application.

BTW, I highly recommend Thailand - lots of cheap fake software, but its worth the $2 for a few games until it breaks! Go to the Snake Temple in Bangkok to see all the little slitheries!

Many churches sponser medical missions programs. You may want to look into that! My church is sending a medical mission team to Cuba and Fiji !?! HMmmm which one seems most appealing :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I say relax and have some fun. Read all the books that you have been wanting to read (it may be a while before you are reading for pleasure again) and see all the movies you can. Try to take a vacation if you can. I am going camping in the wilderness for about a week so I get get away from the hustle and bustle of every day life. Also it is relatively cheap to camp. Hopefully I will be ready to go full speed when med school starts.

Thanks so much for the website. It had a wonderful list of opportunities, and I have already written emails to many of the organizations. I hope to hear some responses soon!!