Ideal first job for a full spectrum family medicine resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Luke and Demas

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whiteriver is truly an amazing place. The challenges are very real, but the staff members are wonderful and the setting in the White Mountains of Arizona is beautiful. Here you will get full spectrum family practice experience in a very supportive, collegial environment where the highest standards for patient care are applied to a rural setting. If you are selected, you can work in ER, urgent care, low-risk OB, inpatient wards, and in the outpatient clinics. You can work a 40-hr week as part of the US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps or as a Civil Servant on a flexible schedule.
Many of our physicians live in a tight-knit community in government housing, a short walk to the hospital. Others live 20 minutes away in Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona, a beautiful resort community three hours east of Phoenix. Because of the many seasonal residents who come for skiing in the winter and golfing, hiking and fishing in the summer, Pinetop-Lakeside supports a surprising number of good restaurants, shops and cultural events for such a remote rural area. In addition, there are many churches and civic groups where you can find like-minded individuals.

Members don't see this ad.

Can you please provide more information regarding this opportunity? Qualifications needed?

I am very interested in this as well. I currently live in Phoenix, born and raised, so I love the idea of staying close to home but getting out of the city. I really want to work with IHS.