ICVA Practice Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meovi15

Penn V'2024
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm quite confused about how horrible my range is from the ICVA practice test I just took. My range fell between 315-415ish.

After looking through and making a count of my correct/incorrect questions, my score was 118/200 questions correct, equaling 59%. To my knowledge, I'm aware that there's no set value for how many questions you need correct on the NAVLE, but I've been told that usually getting around 55%-65% of questions correct normally results in a passing range. Why would my expected range be so low. Are certain questions weighted differently (i.e. I’m getting easy questions right and hard questions wrong)? Any insight/further studying tips are greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Did you get the extended version so you can see what you got wrong? Are you using zuku or vetprep? I believe both of those programs identify your weaker areas so you know what to work on.

How are you currently studying?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get the extended version so you can see what you got wrong? Are you using zuku or vetprep? I believe both of those programs identify your weaker areas so you know what to work on.

How are you currently studying?
That was the extended version, and I created note cards based on my incorrect answers. I'm currently 70% finished Vet Prep, and have started creating notecards (this was my primary form of studying during vet school exams) for incorrect answers. What I'll start doing now leading up to the exam will be trying to hone in on sections I'm having the most trouble on through old notes/other resources.

There are easy, medium, and hard questions worth 1-3 points respectively. Then 60 questions on the actual NAVLE don't count at all as they are testing them.

Also don't forget how many questions there are each. At this point, your higher impact studying will be for the top 1-4 topics, focusing on your weak points.

Reactions: 1 users
From my experience, ICVA form 1 was predictive of my real Navle score. Forms 2 and 3 were overpredicted. It might vary in other people's experience but the bottom line is they tell you a good range. People failing in ICVA have passed in the real deal so don't worry too much, however, do focus on your weak species. In incorrects, try to understand if there was a problem in knowledge overthinking options, or inability to link questions or others. Time is limited so I would advise you to focus on the top 4 species, especially your weak ones from the ICVA report, and study more on that. Remember to thoroughly revise all ICVA questions and focus on the question topics. Finish vet prep and also study vet prep power pages and zuku top 20 notes (for top 4 species) they are so helpful. Remember real Navle questions can be different from ICVA practice questions but both test your overall knowledge and ability to rule out. Hope you ace Navle. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users