ICO recieved my application, still waiting

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HighlyFanatic

sup?
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ICO emailed me last wednesday, saying they recieved my Preliminary application. They have everything else, including my transcripts, app fee, letters.

now, im just waiting to hear from them. Meanwhile my gut is wrenched constantly...and im tossing and turning at nite :rolleyes: :(

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck, I'll be in your shoes next year!

...and I was in your shoes last year! All the waiting is nerve-wracking, but you'll be through it all before you know it -- and then you'll be starting optometry school! :D

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
don't worry simisn.. I'll go tell dr jackson to let you in. ;) no lost sleep on your part. :cool:

Originally posted by r_salis
...and I was in your shoes last year! All the waiting is nerve-wracking, but you'll be through it all before you know it -- and then you'll be starting optometry school! :D

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! ;)

I sure hope so Michele... i gotta admit though...lookin at those posts from last year, wierdly, is a little bit of relief :cool:

Highly Fanatic,

Hey, keep waiting and don't give up hopes! We might be in the class if all goes as planned. Keep the dreams alive, aite!

-Faith

Originally posted by cpw
don't worry simisn.. I'll go tell dr jackson to let you in. ;) no lost sleep on your part. :cool:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I sure hope so!

If your grades are pretty good, I'm sure they'll invite you for an interview. I won't even have a bachelors degree and they invited me for an interview (I never thought they would but I was like- oh what the hell, all they can say is no, so I applied anyway). Still not trying to get too excited though seeing that the odds are against me (no bachelors and they indicated on my checklist that more upper division courses would strengthen my app). But, I wish u luck!!! I'm sure it'll turn out good!

hey everyone,
I'm applying to ICO too, and I turned in my prelim app, transcripts, letters of recommendation, and the app fee. Do I have to send in essays too? I'm assuming that the essay is required for the secondary application, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything for the primary part. Thanks a lot

Wow, everyone's applying to ICO. Hey Petec, for primary appl, you only need to send in your OAT scores, transcript, and the application. They look at those first and if they like what they see, then they'll ask for your secondary, which is the essay and letters of recommendation...perhaps the interview at the same time too! (In my case). Good luck! Hope you'll get some good news in the mail soon!

-Faith

Hey all,

Where is the best place to go book my airline ticket online? And for anyone who went for interview at ICO, what hotel did you stay?

Thanks eyedream I just wanted double check on that cause I haven't heard anything from them.
And just out of curiosity, is anyone taking the oat in october? I'm signed up to take at temple U. and I'm having a lot of trouble trying to prepare for this nightmare of an exam. Hopefully those kaplan practice exams will helpme but its hard to know where to start studying. any advice would be much appreciated as far as studying for this test. thanks a lot

Originally posted by eyedream82
We might be in the class if all goes as planned. Keep the dreams alive, aite!

-Faith

now that would be hella sweet, just gotta keep the faith ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Petec
And just out of curiosity, is anyone taking the oat in october? I'm signed up to take at temple U. and I'm having a lot of trouble trying to prepare for this nightmare of an exam. Hopefully those kaplan practice exams will helpme but its hard to know where to start studying. any advice would be much appreciated as far as studying for this test. thanks a lot
My advice is to learn how to do the types of problems you see in the Kaplan exams, and then practice taking timed tests to get your timing down. Good luck!

michele, do u mean the Kaplan exams in the MCAT or DAT book?? or are there more/other Kaplan practise exams too?

Originally posted by HighlyFanatic
michele, do u mean the Kaplan exams in the MCAT or DAT book?? or are there more/other Kaplan practise exams too?
I was assuming that Petec was talking about the Kaplan OAT prep class (which I assume has practice OATs) :confused: . I'm sure if you practiced the MCAT and DATs you'd do amazingly on the OAT, but if you only have time for one set of tests -- (obviously) you should go for the OAT practices since it'll be in the format you'll be seeing in October.

Wow, the OAT is coming up pretty soon, isn't it?

Hey all,

I'm taking my OAT again this October as well. October 25, right on my birthday!!!what a curse :eek: But anyho, the reason i'm taking it again is b/c my reading score is kinda low, that's the only freaking reason why i have to sit through this misery day again! Not to mention right on my 21st B-day :(

But for all that's taking, I think the MCAT prep books is very helpful. Most preferably Kaplan, but I use the Betz MCAT prep book and they do a pretty good job too (they have a lot of practice problem sets!) So for all of those victims out there like myself, let's hope this misery day will be over soon eh?:cool:

Have

-Faith:D

where can i get OAT/Mcat books, I can't find them in the book store. (only on-line)

but if you only have time for one set of tests -- (obviously) you should go for the OAT practices since it'll be in the format you'll be seeing in October.

Wow, the OAT is coming up pretty soon, isn't it?

crap, where i am i cant signup for those Kaplan Practise OAT courses.... (i'd have to goto the nearest station) in vancouver!!

Originally posted by lazgirl24
where can i get OAT/Mcat books, I can't find them in the book store. (only on-line)

you won't find them in a book store (not common enough)... order them online.

Kaplan, Princeton Review, and MCAT material are a waste of time. I bought a book (can't remember the name) specifically for the OAT. The book was no nonsense and basically had the same questions as were on the exam. I took the OAT in 2000 and did very well with the help of this book.

2M

Does Mr. Memphis go to SCO? What's your name? I'm from Memphis, so just wondering if there is such a small world out there...

-Faith

Originally posted by HighlyFanatic
crap, where i am i cant signup for those Kaplan Practise OAT courses.... (i'd have to goto the nearest station) in vancouver!!
Just do the TopScore tests, there are plenty on the CD.

Just do the TopScore tests, there are plenty on the CD.

theres only 3 tests per section :(

im thinkin i should phone them anyways...