ICO interview, yep another one

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sleepyhead

3rd year Opt student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I recieved an email a few days ago asking me to fill out the secondary application and schedule an interview. When I called today I scheduled my interview for May 10th. Since this is a Monday I'm considering flying in over the weekend and taking a look around.

Kara recommended the hyatt as the place to stay and I think Kara mentioned that the hyatt wasn't too far from ICO. It's the trip from the airport to ICO and the hyatt that is about 20 mins away.

I've been reading through the posts here regarding the interview process but if there's any other pointers out there please let me know.

Also if there's any ICO students that might have some spare time over the weekend, I'd really like to meet you.

Thanks in advance,
Sleepyhead

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
i also stayed at the Hyatt...i did not enjoy my stay...i felt it was isolated and there really are no places to eat close by. You either have to get room service which is really expensive or take a cab somewhere to eat. The only good thing is that you are closer to the school and can get an idea of the surrounding area (but im sure there are other hotels not too far also). ICO is definitely in a "rough" neigborhood.

Members don't see this ad :)
The neighborhood around ICO is not that bad. ICO and IIT (the college across the street) have bought a lot of the area, not to mention this is Chicago...there is no really great areas.

Rosanna thank you for the links. I will look over them once again.

You guys are making me wonder about the area now, I guess I'll just have to find out.

Flights are looking to be interesting. I have a lab on saturday that ends late afternoon so I'm looking to possible be coming into the chicago area very very VERY early in the morning on Sunday.

Also have to spend some time looking around for other hotels, and the possiblity of renting a car.

Again though, if there's any ICO student's that have some free time on Sunday May 9th, I'd really like to meet you.

Thanks again,
Sleepyhead

I pm'd you about meeting me:)

Eyegirl