Iam done with my Boards CAN HELP U ALL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redroulette

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After getting 88,i got my first interview call from boston
its been a hard long walk,BUT was worth it
Iam planning to help any one and everyone out there,it was a long process had no guidance.
if u guys wanna discuss any subject,we can do starting with wat to study ,to type of ques asked in each subject,the books to refer
Dental decks is not enough,its bull**** to think so.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi

Thanks a lot for everyone.I have one question. could u tell me wht is this crack the exam questions and from where can i get them?

Depends on what you are looking out for,i would recommend doing basics from usmle lecture notes esp for physio ,biochem and micro,well if you can get the videos nothing like it.For Anatomy Achland videos are really good .
If you add for reference some topics from guyton eg endocrine,excretory.
collagen from lippencort.BRS series esp anatomy is good for reference.
DA wheelers and okeson 130pages are more than enough.
I did this only,cracked exams and got my admission
Hope it helps
Good Luck

Members don't see this ad :)
hey red ,i m doing usmle lectures as u said ,but all my friends say that i m wasting my time cos these notes r too vast for nbde1?help me

hey red ,i m doing usmle lectures as u said ,but all my friends say that i m wasting my time cos these notes r too vast for nbde1?help me

A friend who has joined the kaplan institute tells me the nbde videos are condensed videos 10 hrs per subject,taught by dentists,Imagine biochemistry taught by dentists,WASTE of time,SAD
I put her onto Usmle videos and Lecture notes,She likes the way Usml videos function from the basic.
People always ask me that"Are not usml portions too much",MY answer is always NO,look at the syallabus,study that completely,kaplan does not set nbde part 1 exam papers ,ITS JUST a tutorial,How we make use,what we study? is up to us.We should know every word from the basics there is no prescribed book,Go with your syllabus add videos and books along your way.Getting a 90 plus is tough ,with no retakes ,take no chances.
Being a dentist in USA is a honour and a previlage.Little hard work goes a long way.This is only the beginning, Dental school is Real Hard work whether its undergrad or [Grad school]Post doctural prog,you hardly get sleep.I can see the dark circles under my tired eyes.

Studying for nbde part 1 was a cake walk .lol

Good Luck

My Secret to Success NBDE Part 1

tells me the nbde videos are condensed videos 10 hrs per subject,taught by dentists,Imagine biochemistry taught by dentists,WASTE of time,SAD
I put her onto Usmle videos and Lecture notes,She likes the way Usml videos function from the basic.
People always ask me that"Are not usml portions too much",MY answer is always NO,look at the syallabus,study that completely,kaplan does not set nbde part 1 exam papers ,ITS JUST a tutorial,How we make use,what we study? is up to us.We should know every word from the basics there is no prescribed book,Go with your syllabus add videos and books along your way.Getting a 90 plus is tough ,with no retakes ,take no chances.
Being a dentist in USA is a honour and a previlage.Little hard work goes a long way.This is only the beginning, Dental school is Real Hard work whether its undergrad or [Grad school]Post doctural prog,you hardly get sleep.I can see the dark circles under my

THANKS RED FOR UR REPLY..............

Good Luck

My Secret to Success NBDE Part 1[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
A friend who has joined the kaplan institute tells me the nbde videos are condensed videos 10 hrs per subject,taught by dentists,Imagine biochemistry taught by dentists,WASTE of time,SAD
Being a dentist in USA is a honour and a previlage.Little hard work goes a long way.This is only the beginning, Dental school is Real Hard work whether its undergrad or [Grad school]Post doctural prog,you hardly get sleep.I can see the dark circles under my tired eyes.

Good Luck

My Secret to Success NBDE Part 1

THANKS RED FOR UR REPLY AND GOD FOR U.:luck:

Hi there,

Congratulations on your achievement! Do you have any advice for taking the DSCE (computer portion of NERB). I failed it once and gonna take it again in a few days :(. Thanks in advance!

hey redroulette,
can you plz tell what material to read for part 2, I have decks , mosby..How many months required to read part 2 material?
I am waiting for yr reply
Thanx

how much have you covered in part2.Even i have the decks and mosby.Iam taking the paper in September.But don't know where to look for the radiographs.Confused.Any help would be appreciated.thnx.

hey redroulette,
can you plz tell what material to read for part 2, I have decks , mosby..How many months required to read part 2 material?
I am waiting for yr reply
Thanx

Sorry it took some time to reply
Do Mosby,
Kaplan q bank 975 ques that enough,it has xrays ,cases,opgs
Dental decks
OLd ASDa q banks
After that if u have time
Oral path shaefer for downs syn and skin inf
Jan lindhe for implants and muco gingival surgeries ,flaps_Perio
Prosthetics..treatmnt planning for cast partial ,and fixd crowns bridges
Pharm Flash cards are good
Endo ..Operative DM
casting defects,composites et al try any basic books dont go in detail
Paedo all basics
Ortho decks is fine supplement for growth dev from Graber or proffet
Good Luck

Do Mosby,
Dental decks
OLd ASDa q banks
Endo ..Operative DM
Paedo all basics
Good Luck

doing good help

Members don't see this ad :)
thats ok,i have replied to your msg
good luck
take care
hello i m new to this forum
can u plz tell is nbde part 2 compulsory?
Secondly how long this whole process takes part 1 2 and admission
thirdly i want to what is the critera of selection is work experince imp
thank u

Do Mosby,
Dental decks
OLd ASDa q banks
Endo ..Operative DM
Paedo all basics
Good Luck

thanx red!!
I have seen the book of Jan Lindhe for implant , it has 3 to 4 chapters in it for implant. can you plz tell me which is the imp one for exam point of view

waiting for yr reply

Hi you might b practising dentistry by nw:).I jst came to USA dis Jan with a zeal to become a dentist,recently graduated from India n pursuing mba here.Planning to write ndbe dis june/july so can u help me where to start with...i hav only kaplan review buks ,first aid buks for part1. where to begin with?can you plz help me with dis?I knw tat u dnt lik PM hoping tat you still help ppl here...hav a nice day!!:)

can any1 please help me?? i have done bds from pakistan.do i have to give national board exam even if i want admission in canada DDS in 3rd year..or thats another exam??

Hi you might b practising dentistry by nw:).I jst came to USA dis Jan with a zeal to become a dentist,recently graduated from India n pursuing mba here.Planning to write ndbe dis june/july so can u help me where to start with...i hav only kaplan review buks ,first aid buks for part1. where to begin with?can you plz help me with dis?I knw tat u dnt lik PM hoping tat you still help ppl here...hav a nice day!!:)
I think it's better to start with Kaplan and read it together with dental decks. after each subject do questions. Good luck to all of us!:luck:

Iam planning to help any one and everyone out there,it was a long process had no guidance.
if u guys wanna discuss any subject,we can do starting with wat to study ,to type of ques asked in each subject,the books to refer

congratulations u got it
i m also preparing for nbde.......planning to give exam in first of 2012......i have dental deck 2010 ng kaplan review......where can i get th old question nd what more material do i need??:)

Hi, i'm new at this so i don't know if my previous reply got posted.
could you tell me when u gave the exam? congrat!!! I can't believe you passed
with just the decks. I wanna score at least an 88. do you think decks are enough for that? Please reply soon!! Thanks so much.

Clinical cases -are basically very simple for part1,you can try usc testlet bank or decks
you dont need to study behavior science,genetics.
Lowr limb is not in the curriculam
Tmj disordrs and occlusion is by Dr.Jeff Okeson u need it 1-6 chap.period

Lower limb is NOT included???? I didn't know this.
are you guys sure?!?!!! I'm planning on giving it this year - 2011.
Please answer ASAP! Thanks so much

im new here...im blank.....i ave kaplan lecture notes for nbde part1...dental decks 2010..and first aid...is it enuf 2 get reeely gud scores. or is it necessary 2 study frm other buks as wel 2 reeely get gud scores. @redroulette: i appreciate the time and hard work its taking 4 u to guide us. nd the previous ques : lower limb nt included in portion and genetics is nt necessary?and where can i get d videos?? achland or usmle videos better?..and usmle lecture notes frm kaplan...can i get on any site by chance? and usmle lecture notes which step1,2 or 3 do i luk out 4?...

Last edited:
hi,i will be giving my exam in june 2011 and have some doubts on some topics.will you plz help me with my queries and if so should i post you my questions?thanks

hi,
i just found out i failed the NBDE for the 2nd time. i got a 72, not even close... i used first aid, decks, CRACK NBDE and some online videos from UMKC...i dont know what to do or where to go from here can someone give me some good advice??

doing good help

Hi, I've been following this thread for 2 yrs now and nobody else has reported any excellent Pt 1 results after using this system of Redroulette's... Let's start finding out some results here people? Is this advice worth it or should we stick with what's tried tested and proven? ie. The decks and Kaplan!

inquiring minds want to know!

hi,
i just found out i failed the NBDE for the 2nd time. i got a 72, not even close... i used first aid, decks, CRACK NBDE and some online videos from UMKC...i dont know what to do or where to go from here can someone give me some good advice??

Sorry to hear that, from your post its clear that you have not used the old exams. its very important to solve as many questions as you can weather its part 1 or part 2. to me it was really helpful :)

Good luck and don't give up :):)

i want this year 2 talk exam part 1 but iam not in U S A i wann help plz i don't know what 2 do ??????? wht is the books , &how is the exam
i wanna help plllllllllllllllllllllz

Hi, I've been following this thread for 2 yrs now and nobody else has reported any excellent Pt 1 results after using this system of Redroulette's... Let's start finding out some results here people? Is this advice worth it or should we stick with what's tried tested and proven? ie. The decks and Kaplan!

inquiring minds want to know!

Has anybody used Redroulette's study advice? He claims that using the USMLE dvds can really boost your scores... Anybody tried these DVDs? Please share your stats so we can all benefit... thank you.