Iam done with my Boards CAN HELP U ALL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redroulette

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After getting 88,i got my first interview call from boston
its been a hard long walk,BUT was worth it
Iam planning to help any one and everyone out there,it was a long process had no guidance.
if u guys wanna discuss any subject,we can do starting with wat to study ,to type of ques asked in each subject,the books to refer
Dental decks is not enough,its bull**** to think so.

Members don't see this ad.

hey redroulette,
m waiting for ur reply regarding patho n physio.....
m just stuck with them....cant continue further.....its just tooo lenghty in the dvd's.....plz help me with this....

also frm where can i do immunology frm??
and after doing all this....is decks really impt??? is there any harm if i dont do it?? wat do u suggest???:confused::(
waiting for ur reply...
thnks..God bless ya

hey redroulette,
m waiting for ur reply regarding patho n physio.....
m just stuck with them....cant continue further.....its just tooo lenghty in the dvd's.....plz help me with this....

also frm where can i do immunology frm??
and after doing all this....is decks really impt??? is there any harm if i dont do it?? wat do u suggest???:confused::(
waiting for ur reply...
thnks..God bless ya

Try BRS PATH for path
Physio videos are good with lecture notes,if u really dont like it,then do BRS PHYSIO[you really need to know all the basics in physio]
DECKS ARE MADE FROM OLD ASDA Q BANKS
its only for revision,do asda q banks or decks
Immunology do the lecture notes chapter 1-10 and do complement in detail

Members don't see this ad :)
hi congratulations!!!
i really need guidance...this is my first time...i hav just completed my dentistry from india...i really dont have anybody to guide me for the NBDE
Im planning to give the part 1 exams in december..im clueless about alot of stuf...like what socuments do i need to send to ECE for evaluation..to make me elgible for the exams..this is just one of my million questions
reall appreciate the advice!!thanx

hi congratulations!!!
i really need guidance...this is my first time...i hav just completed my dentistry from india...i really dont have anybody to guide me for the NBDE
Im planning to give the part 1 exams in december..im clueless about alot of stuf...like what socuments do i need to send to ECE for evaluation..to make me elgible for the exams..this is just one of my million questions
reall appreciate the advice!!thanx

STEP 1
For ece [EDUCATIONAL CREDENTIONAL EVALUATORS] first get your certificates evaluated [ie]
TAKE COLOR PHOTO COPIES BDS MARKSHEETS AND DEGREE GET IT ATTESTED BY A NOTARY
GO TO www.ece.org
FILL THE FORM ONLINE ,DO AN EVALATION,NOT NECESSARY TO DO COURSE BY COURSE
PAY BY CREDIT CARD AND PRINT THE APPLICATION FORM WHICH U FILLED ONLINE
POST IT TO ALONG WITH 4 MARKSHEETS BDS AND DEGREE WHICH WAS ATTESTED TO
ECE
260 E. Highland Ave. Suite 300
Milwaukee WI 53202
USA

001-414-289-3400

STEP 2
ONCE ECE SENDS U THE EVALUATION AND REPLY
U HAVE TO MAIL THE EVALUATION TO ADA TO GET THE DATES FOR NATIONAL BOARD EXAMS
my email [email protected] for any furthur ques

My Secret to Success NBDE Part 1

STEP 1
For ece [EDUCATIONAL CREDENTIONAL EVALUATORS] first get your certificates evaluated [ie]
TAKE COLOR PHOTO COPIES BDS MARKSHEETS AND DEGREE GET IT ATTESTED BY A NOTARY
GO TO www.ece.org
FILL THE FORM ONLINE ,DO AN EVALATION,NOT NECESSARY TO DO COURSE BY COURSE
PAY BY CREDIT CARD AND PRINT THE APPLICATION FORM WHICH U FILLED ONLINE
POST IT TO ALONG WITH 4 MARKSHEETS BDS AND DEGREE WHICH WAS ATTESTED TO
ECE
260 E. Highland Ave. Suite 300
Milwaukee WI 53202
USA

001-414-289-3400

STEP 2
ONCE ECE SENDS U THE EVALUATION AND REPLY
U HAVE TO MAIL THE EVALUATION TO ADA TO GET THE DATES FOR NATIONAL BOARD EXAMS
my email [email protected] for any furthur ques

thank you so much...i hav another enquiry...im doing my intership now..will be getting my degree only next yr...i was thinking of giving NBDE this december...is that possible?

hi everyone,

I am new to this whole NBDE thing and am clueless!

what is the book that redroulette talks about? and what are the videos and how to get them? and what is USMLE?! :confused:

thank you

well never mind I know what is USMLe now LOL

can you please tell me where exactly are the questions in USMLE book u said it comes in the exam? the ones in thier Qbook?

thank you

Hi red
gr8 job.ur realy halping out ppl like us who dont have any idea where to go and what to do.i need help.i am studying for nbde 1.it started out nicely but now i am pretty messed up.i am reading decks rite now.i have kaplan usmle for physi and biochem,BRS,kaplan nbde reveiew,trying to get hold of videosusmle first aid and papers.i am stucked in anatomy specially lower limbs.its taking so much time.can u plz guide how to start ?

GOD BLESS U

Hi red
gr8 job.ur realy halping out ppl like us who dont have any idea where to go and what to do.i need help.i am studying for nbde 1.it started out nicely but now i am pretty messed up.i am reading decks rite now.i have kaplan usmle for physi and biochem,BRS,kaplan nbde reveiew,trying to get hold of videosusmle first aid and papers.i am stucked in anatomy specially lower limbs.its taking so much time.can u plz guide how to start ?

GOD BLESS U
Hi innocentdoc,lower limb is not there in the syllabus for nbde.u can check it out at the ada website.:)

hey guys!!
Does anyone know the Anatomy syllabus???wot all to cover?Do we have to do lower extremities,upper extremities and trunks also or just head neck and brain, internal organs and embroyology and histology??

Members don't see this ad :)
hi era!!
I read ur post here and find out ...u r also doing Achland dvds?
I wanna knw do we have to do all of them or just the Head,neck,brain and internal organs....do u ahve any idea abt upper and lower extremeties and trunk?

hi,red
i read all ur threads,very helpful
but i was wondering about pathology?
can u pls give us all a brief idea for pathology
how we can proceed in pathology lectures?cos these r vast,
do we have to read all the chapters from usmle lecture notes?
and wat about patho videos,do we have to listen all?
pls help us
i would apprecite ur help

Hey can u plz tell that there are questions at the end of usmle lectures notes after every ch, so are they important....especially what abt graph questions?? do graph questions and mathematical q comes in nbde or they r just usmle questions??

plz ans soon.

Physiology Usml videos and lecture notes
Day 1
Chapter 1 is very important,red cell in saline ,glucose ,swells or shrinks
is a most common question,what happens to rbc in dehygration,during exercise
Chapter 2 is cell mechanics i know its a drag,but understanding this makes mechanics of cardiac cell,skeletal, smooth muscle easy.Get your basics right,there is always a question in the exam on muscle skeletal muscle & ca channels in contraction,we really have to know this
All this takes 4 hrs
Time for respiration ,i know the basics get repeated but you really have to know about pulmonary mechanics,hypoxia,respiratory distress,surfactant, the lectures take 3 hours to complte
Make your notes ,so you can make revision easy,you need to revise every other day ,your own hand written lecture notes are your bible for this.
Cardio vascular system is the best in the videos,i know it takes another 4 hours but in 2 days ,You can cover all this and excretory system.

CardioVascular system
Mean electrical axis of the heart ,anyone ??it is the most commonest question these days,it is in the lecture notes,though not discussed in the video.
Read my blog for the rest of the review on CVS
Click the link below

Hey can u plz tell that there are questions at the end of usmle lectures notes after every ch, so are they important....especially what abt graph questions?? do graph questions and mathematical q comes in nbde or they r just usmle questions??

plz ans soon.
if you are a doctor taking USMLE,it is important.If you are a dentist it is NBDE you take,which measures your basic knowledge about medical sciences,not treatment of medical disorders it is NOT.

This thread is abt helping those who dont know wre to start
not abt remembered ques
this is abt study material and what to study
where to start,what schools to target,and how TO WIN
hi..
well..
no wonder..
u r doin a great job.
can u please help me with my letters of recommendation??

I have a doubt which needs to be cleared before I take the xam so tht I can set an aim ...
if some one gets a raw score of 80/100 in any subject, does tht mean 80 questions right?
are all the questions equally marked?
i have heard tht marking a simple question wrong make you loose more marks?
is that the case?
on what basis are the raw scores given for each subject?

hi,red
can u pls tell me ..1thing
i got my evaluation done from ece,and i appeared for ndebpart1 also
now i m retaking it but u know by mistake my transcript was not made properly by my college,i mean there were lot of mistakes in it,so i did contact my college so they made again with corrections in it..............so do u think i have get my evalution done again ?

hi era
You should get a re evaluation,done.
Your Gpa will increase,thats good in the long run

pls guide me.....

Last edited:
thanks for ur reply red,
so do u think i should go for course by course or general evaluation????

and 1 thing more, can u pls tell me about lipoprotein metabolism in usmle lectures,do we need to do in detail as given in usmle ?pls guide me.....
Yes Era. You should do it in detail. Physiology and Biochemistry are the ones which throw the most surprises and you should do them in as much detail as possible.

thanks for ur reply red,
so do u think i should go for course by course or general evaluation????

and 1 thing more, can u pls tell me about lipoprotein metabolism in usmle lectures,do we need to do in detail as given in usmle ?pls guide me.....

Course by course is needed by the university when you apply
The usml videos make biochem so easy ,so just do it
Good Luck

Hey red.
can u plz tell me that from where i can read TMJ and ant guidance.
secondly, what is USMLE lecture notes, where can i get that and how much helpful they are????//
plz reply.
thnx a ton

You need Disorders of tmj by Dr jeff okeson
u can get usml lecture notes on ebay
Read my blog for the rest of the info you want,
click on the link below

My friend who has joined the kaplan institute tells me the nbde videos are condensed videos 10 hrs per subject,taught by dentists,Imagine biochemistry taught by dentists,WASTE of time
I put her onto Usmle videos and Lecture notes,she is back on track,She likes the way Usml videos function from the basic.
People always ask me that"Are not usml portions too much",MY answer is always NO,look at the syallabus,study that completely,kaplan does not set nbde part 1 exam papers ,ITS JUST a tutorial,How we make use,what we study is up to us.

Last edited:
hi red can u pls tell me do we have to do chapters 4,5,6,7 from usmle lecture notes for biochem?do we have to do in detail or just little bit?
pls guide me.............

hi red can u pls tell me do we have to do chapters 4,5,6,7 from usmle lecture notes for biochem?do

we have to do in detail or just little bit?

Are they really important

Last edited:
hi red can u pls tell me do we have to do chapters 4,5,6,7 from usmle lecture notes for biochem?do we have to do in detail or just little bit?

Hi era,
Sorry for the delay in replying

Chapter 4
You need to know about mutation,the types of mutation,just an overview Translation,try an understand ,do not memorise ,Mutations and inhibitors of protein synthesis are asked in the exam,as are collagen diseases.
Post translational modication of collagen is an important question
As well as i cell disease.Understand how to read and interpret the genetic code.

chapter 5
Lactose operon is important,just read it once
Transcription factors
Mechanism controlling gene expression in eukar

The rest in next posting
Good Luck

hi red
thanks for reply
but can u tell how to to proceed with translation ,i mean how to do it.do they ask about translation in the real exam?pls guide me

chapter 5
Lactose operon is important,just read it once
Transcription factors
Mechanism controlling gene expression in eukar

The rest in next posting
Good Luck

My Secret to Success NBDE Part 1[/QUOTE]

hi red
thanks for reply
but can u tell how to to proceed with translation ,i mean how to do it.do they ask about translation in the real exam?pls guide me.as u told me to do inhibitors of translation,but in the notes only few lines r given ,only few antibiotics i mean,tell me about this?
I m really confused ,pls help me
thanks

chapter 5
lactose operon is important,just read it once
transcription factors
mechanism controlling gene expression in eukar

the rest in next posting
good luck

my secret to success nbde part 1
[/quote]

Iam planning to help any one and everyone out there,it was a long process had no guidance.
if u guys wanna discuss any subject,we can do starting with wat to study ,to type of ques asked in each subject,the books to refer

Hi dear,
Congrajulation for your success! Wowwwww, BOSTON:clap:. Wish you the best.
I'm planning to study for part 1. What are you advices? More over, how much time do I need to study? I'm not recently graduated, so I have problems in basic sciences:scared: and really worried!

Just as a general reminder that discussion of questions appearing on the NBDE is not permitted. The responses here are getting way too detailed. Speaking in general terms about given topics is fine. Focusing on key facts that are important is not permitted. The last thread created about part 1 was closed because of this. Do not make me close this one too.

hi,can u plz tell me that how much times its takes for the preparation for NBDE1??how much time in a day[??
thanx in advance!!QUOTE=redroulette;7485402]After getting 88,i got my first interview call from boston
Dental decks is not enough,its bull**** to think so.[/QUOTE]

hi,can u plz tell me that how much times its takes for the preparation for NBDE1??how much time in a day[??
thanx in advance!!QUOTE=redroulette;7485402]After getting 88,i got my first interview call from boston
[/QUOTE]

Read my thread from the beginning ,you have all the answers there
Read my blog, click on the link below

Redroulette thanks for the great job uve spent time and effort to share ur experience thank alot for ur help.
i'll be grateful if u or anybody here tell me how to get USMLE lecture notes and VIDEOs ???

Last edited:
Redroulette thanks for the great job uve spent time and effort to share ur experience thank alot for ur help.
i'll be grateful if u or anybody here tell me how to get USMLE lecture notes and VIDEOs ???

You are very welcome
For usml videos aand lecture notes try ebay.

hello

i m an indian student studying in 3rd year.
please can u help me out as i have no knowledge regarding it... where to begin from...?
thanks in advance

waiting for a reply

i didnt score that great just 77 :( even though i did the usmle notes and the video lectures. i thought i did better than that but when i saw the score and i was miserable!!! i studied for 4 to 5 months and then this?

hi red,
can u pls tell do we have to do chapter 3 peripheral circulation in physio usmle lectures?
if yes pls review that.

hi red,
i took ur advice and i m following ur study pattern...........
pls red pls help me in physio
do we have to do skeletal muscle mechanics in detail ?
do help me in cardiac muscle alsoin how much detail we have to do?:confused:
pls guide me .
thanking u

hEY VERY CONGRATS FOR UR SUCEESS..i M APPEARING IN PART 1 IN SEP..well I havent read kaplan review book but I have read usmle lecture notes except biochemm..so Now i m afraid that is it good for nbde? or may I have 2 go through kaplan review book nbde also???? thaks..

u have a lot of good info. can u please tell me where i can get those achland dvds and video lectures?appreciate it thanks