i was dating a medical resident but i think he dumped me

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDyoucantseeme

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I met a guy on a dating website who is doing residency. We went on a handful of dates. At first he seemed to really like me and was texting me everyday. This lasted for about six weeks. I often would tell him he was just trying to get laid and only pretending to date me. Because of this I planned to not sleep with him until we were in a serious relationship. Obviously this never happened. After texting me everyday for 2 months and calling a few times a week we got into a fight on text message. He agreed to delete his dating profile to try to convince me we were bfgf. When he did not delete his dating profile I was pissed and called him on it. He said I had flaws. I said it was fine if he didn't delete his profile because no girls wanted to meet him anyway and anyone that did would be looking for marriage. I also plainly told him I would never sleep with him unless we were in a LTR.

After this he stopped texting me (which was about 1 and a half weeks ago). So what happened? Do you think he did just want to get laid and when I made it clear it wasn't going to happen he moved on? He claimed that his feelings for me were getting too intense so he pulled back.. Is it possible he is just pissed after our text message fight?

Members don't see this ad.

I said it was fine if he didn't delete his profile because no girls wanted to meet him anyway ... He said I had flaws.

Maybe you DO have serious flaws if you're willing to insult someone like that.

Do you think he did just want to get laid and when I made it clear it wasn't going to happen he moved on? He claimed that his feelings for me were getting too intense so he pulled back.. Is it possible he is just pissed after our text message fight?

Dating relationships are based on sex and friendship. You need both to sustain the relationship. Different people have different threshholds for how much and when they expect sex. For me, I'm not going to sit sexless for six weeks after numerous dates and be happy with that. If I like a woman and want to have sex with her and she keeps withholding, I'll move on too.

There's no point in playing games/arguing/pushing the issue to try to get in the panties of a young pre-med who is holding back for no good reason. It's better just to move on to someone who is more on my level.

To directly answer your question: he probably didn't just want to get laid, but it's important. There's only so long he was willing to wait.

He claimed that his feelings for me were getting too intense so he pulled back

Also, rephrase this as "He liked me a lot and he was very horny. He wasn't going to torture himself any longer. So he moved on to find someone else."

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I met a guy on a dating website who is doing residency. We went on a handful of dates. At first he seemed to really like me and was texting me everyday. This lasted for about six weeks. I often would tell him he was just trying to get laid and only pretending to date me. Because of this I planned to not sleep with him until we were in a serious relationship. Obviously this never happened. After texting me everyday for 2 months and calling a few times a week we got into a fight on text message. He agreed to delete his dating profile to try to convince me we were bfgf. When he did not delete his dating profile I was pissed and called him on it. He said I had flaws. I said it was fine if he didn't delete his profile because no girls wanted to meet him anyway and anyone that did would be looking for marriage. I also plainly told him I would never sleep with him unless we were in a LTR.

After this he stopped texting me (which was about 1 and a half weeks ago). So what happened? Do you think he did just want to get laid and when I made it clear it wasn't going to happen he moved on? He claimed that his feelings for me were getting too intense so he pulled back.. Is it possible he is just pissed after our text message fight?

How old are you?

hey baby its me. sorry for the whole mess. i deleted the profile.

u and me we jive well together.

we share a good energy. lets get back together.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe you DO have serious flaws if you're willing to insult someone like that.

Dating relationships are based on sex and friendship. You need both to sustain the relationship. Different people have different threshholds for how much and when they expect sex. For me, I'm not going to sit sexless for six weeks after numerous dates and be happy with that. If I like a woman and want to have sex with her and she keeps withholding, I'll move on too.

There's no point in playing games/arguing/pushing the issue to try to get in the panties of a young pre-med who is holding back for no good reason. It's better just to move on to someone who is more on my level.

To directly answer your question: he probably didn't just want to get laid, but it's important. There's only so long he was willing to wait.

Also, rephrase this as "He liked me a lot and he was very horny. He wasn't going to torture himself any longer. So he moved on to find someone else."

You think if I am looking for a serious boyfriend that I should sleep with someone I met on a dating site who claims I am his girlfriend, but still has his profile on the site? Also, I'm not that young and was in a humanities MA program at the time.

Why are you asking that?

See bolded text.

If some guy told me during the honeymoon period that I was just looking to get laid/get paid/free meal and pretending to date him, I'd be pretty annoyed and offended. Why would I waste my time with someone who never even gave me a chance in the first place?

If you have reservations about engaging in a sexual relationship with someone, by all means stand your ground and stay firm on your beliefs. If guys aren't into that, then move on.

You think if I am looking for a serious boyfriend that I should sleep with someone I met on a dating site who claims I am his girlfriend, but still has his profile on the site?

Depends on the site. I sure wouldn't cancel my match.com account and throw away money until I was sure I was in a good solid relationship. I've been burned several times by seemingly great matches who decided to bail on me. I've also been burned several times by women who are claiming to wait for sex for x, y, or z condition who never ended up actually having sex with me. These are the ones who invariably meet a new guy next month and sleep with him immediately.

So the trust goes both ways on this one.

Depends on the site. I sure wouldn't cancel my match.com account and throw away money until I was sure I was in a good solid relationship. I've been burned several times by seemingly great matches who decided to bail on me. I've also been burned several times by women who are claiming to wait for sex for x, y, or z condition who never ended up actually having sex with me. These are the ones who invariably meet a new guy next month and sleep with him immediately.

So the trust goes both ways on this one.

It was a free site. He said we were bg/gf. I said if that's how he felt he should delete his profile on the dating site and put his fb as "in a relationship". He agreed to do both. He did neither. I let this go for a few weeks, but its kind of hard to get past that type of disrespect and brazen "saying one thing and doing another". It pretty much proved he was telling me what I wanted to hear to get what he wanted.

But, the way you put it makes me feel like I should call him.

It was a free site. He said we were bg/gf. I said if that's how he felt he should delete his profile on the dating site and put his fb as "in a relationship". He agreed to do both. He did neither. I let this go for a few weeks, but its kind of hard to get past that type of disrespect and brazen "saying one thing and doing another". It pretty much proved he was telling me what I wanted to hear to get what he wanted.

In a real world I dare not say majority but a good chunk of men are not going to keep being around if you dont put out after a month and a half. :eek:

Most people sleep with each other when they are seeing each other and testing waters, not when they are comitting themselves to each other long term. What if you are a terrible sex partner and he could not possibly see you as his long term gf after he has had sex with you, then what ?

Poor resident already has a pretty tough life and this immaturity to deal with on top ? No wonder he disappeared.

Well that's fair. If he agreed to do something and he didn't do it, you have every right to bail on him.

I wasn't there and I can't really see both sides of the issue. I can only project myself onto him by giving you one guy's perspective on things. I'm not all guys though. Maybe he was just looking for a quick lay and wasn't serious about you. Maybe he agreed to delete his dating profile and set his FB status in the heat of an argument, but was so frustrated with you that he didn't end up doing it cause he was ready to move on. Who knows. In any case, at this point I think things are so soured you might as well just move on.

My experience has been that if the relationship has spark and will last, sex happens quickly. But that's just my bias and experience. Certainly others have other experiences and expectations.

Members don't see this ad :)
In a real world I dare not say majority but a good chunk of men are not going to keep being around if you dont put out after a month and a half. :eek:

Most people sleep with each other when they are seeing each other and testing waters, not when they are comitting themselves to each other long term. What if you are a terrible sex partner and he could not possibly see you as his long term gf after he has had sex with you, then what ?

Poor resident already has a pretty tough life and this immaturity to deal with on top ? No wonder he disappeared.

He didn't disappear. He just hasn't reappeared. You think its immature to not give a man sexual access to my body unless he has PROVEN he is SERIOUS about me? My body is not a water for him to test, like trying on a pair of jeans at the Gap before buying them. I am a human being.

A Bravo TV dating guru proscribes not having any type of sex until you are in a serious committed relationship leading to marriage. I want a serious committed relationship leading to marriage. I don't want him to try my body on for a week and then discard me if he thinks I don't fit.

I have integrity and live my life by what I think is right. Not what "most people" are doing or what is the easiest to do. Believe me I wanted to sleep with him. But, if we slept together and he dropped me because I was a "terrible sex partner" I would be in purgatory and a catatonic state of depression or totally numb for a considerable period of time.

Getting to know someone and see if you work as a potential relationship is more then seeing if your penis functions well with their vagina.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that's fair. If he agreed to do something and he didn't do it, you have every right to bail on him.

I wasn't there and I can't really see both sides of the issue. I can only project myself onto him by giving you one guy's perspective on things. I'm not all guys though. Maybe he was just looking for a quick lay and wasn't serious about you. Maybe he agreed to delete his dating profile and set his FB status in the heat of an argument, but was so frustrated with you that he didn't end up doing it cause he was ready to move on. Who knows. In any case, at this point I think things are so soured you might as well just move on.

My experience has been that if the relationship has spark and will last, sex happens quickly. But that's just my bias and experience. Certainly others have other experiences and expectations.

We had a very physical relationship, but we did not have sex. If sex happens in the beginning of a relationship it becomes just about sex. He had slept over and in the morning he said he wanted to be bf/gf. It wasn't during an argument. He brought it up. I think he said that as a "maybe this will work" ploy in getting me into bed. But, it backfired and proved he was of poor character.

A Bravo TV dating guru proscribes not having any type of sex until you are in a serious committed relationship leading to marriage.

Getting to know someone and see if you work as a potential relationship is more then seeing if your penis functions well with their vagina.

True....but getting to know someone and see if you work as a potential relationship is ALSO more than demanding to know NOW RIGHT NOW if this relationship is going to turn serious and possibly lead to marriage.

By telling him that you didn't believe in sex unless it was a serious LTR, you basically demanded to know, 6 weeks in, where your "relationship" was headed. That's kind of a lot to ask.

Plus, what's your definition of "long" and "serious"? 6 months? 6 years?

If sex happens in the beginning of a relationship it becomes just about sex.

I think this is very simplistic. For many people, sex is another way of sharing yourself with someone else. It's not necessarily tawdry, cheap, and just another way of feeling physical pleasure.

I think he said that as a "maybe this will work" ploy in getting me into bed. But, it backfired and proved he was of poor character.

I don't know him, or his character, but you seem bound and absolutely determined to think the worst of him. Maybe it was a ploy...maybe he really liked you. Maybe he just wanted to pursue a relationship that you could both get joy out of. Maybe you should cut this poor guy some slack.

He didn't disappear. He just hasn't reappeared. You think its immature to not give a man sexual access to my body unless he has PROVEN he is SERIOUS about me? My body is not a water for him to test, like trying on a pair of jeans at the Gap before buying them. I am a human being.

A Bravo TV dating guru proscribes not having any type of sex until you are in a serious committed relationship leading to marriage. I want a serious committed relationship leading to marriage. I don't want him to try my body on for a week and then discard me if he thinks I don't fit.

I have integrity and live my life by what I think is right. Not what "most people" are doing or what is the easiest to do. Believe me I wanted to sleep with him. But, if we slept together and he dropped me because I was a "terrible sex partner" I would be in purgatory and a catatonic state of depression or totally numb for a considerable period of time.

Getting to know someone and see if you work as a potential relationship is
more then seeing if your penis functions well with their vagina.

Well, if you are talking about Patty as a bravo dating guru, whom I also watch btw, you should also mention btw that she hasnt't been married once herself anf the woman is in late forties already and the only successful relatinship she has had has fallen through recently. So much for a guru, huh ? :laugh:

As far as testing waters, If you felt that after sleeping with you he would drop you - then obviously you are insecure enough to think that you have nothing else to offer to a man besides sex and once he got it he leaves.

Secure women aren't afraid to have sex early in the relationship after a couple weeks because they know their own self worth and know that they much more to offer to their partner than sex to keep him interested in the long run. Plus, secure women value their own sexuality and want to have a rich colorful sex life themselves before THEY on their own terms decide to comitt to a relationship, if they can't see how compatible they are with their sexual partner, how would that even work ? Unless it sounds like healthy sex life is not important to you ? :confused:

Pressuring someone to committ which is what you were doing is never a good idea or a sign of a good relationshop heading in the right direction.

Well, if you are talking about Patty as a bravo dating guru, whom I also watch btw, you should also mention btw that she hasnt't been married once herself anf the woman is in late forties already and the only successful relatinship she has had has fallen through recently. So much for a guru, huh ? :laugh:

As far as testing waters, If you felt that after sleeping with you he would drop you - then obviously you are insecure enough to think that you have nothing else to offer to a man besides sex and once he got it he leaves.

Secure women aren't afraid to have sex early in the relationship after a couple weeks because they know their own self worth and know that they much more to offer to their partner than sex to keep him interested in the long run. Plus, secure women value their own sexuality and want to have a rich colorful sex life themselves before THEY on their own terms decide to comitt to a relationship, if they can't see how compatible they are with their sexual partner, how would that even work ? Unless it sounds like healthy sex life is not important to you ? :confused:

Pressuring someone to committ which is what you were doing is never a good idea or a sign of a good relationshop heading in the right direction.

I agree with what you say about not being a secure woman and doubting my own self worth. Have you seen "Real Women Have Curves" because you are reminding me a lot of America Ferrera. During our whole courtship my thinking was: I am 24 and a humanities MA student. The only reason I can pay my bills is because I donated my eggs. Why would he want me.

However, even if I was self sufficient I would still be against premature sexual relationships for the simple fact people want what they can't have. No one wants the beat up fake Prada bag on Canal street no matter how empowered it is.

Also, Patty has not been able to create a successful marriage for herself, but she has a proven track record with her clients. Therefore her advice is sound.

I didn't pressure him to COMMIT (spelling issues). He brought up bf/gf.

I agree with what you say about not being a secure woman and doubting my own self worth. Have you seen "Real Women Have Curves" because you are reminding me a lot of America Ferrera. During our whole courtship my thinking was: I am 24 and a humanities MA student. The only reason I can pay my bills is because I donated my eggs. Why would he want me.

However, even if I was self sufficient I would still be against premature sexual relationships for the simple fact people want what they can't have. No one wants the beat up fake Prada bag on Canal street no matter how empowered it is.

Also, Patty has not been able to create a successful marriage for herself, but she has a proven track record with her clients. Therefore her advice is sound.

I didn't pressure him to COMMIT (spelling issues). He brought up bf/gf.

People want what they cant have when they can see their goals are attainable, in your case he may have been loosing patience or feeling like the goal was just too elusive, how long would you have strung him along without sex ? 6 months ? What if you just havent felt ready even then ?

See, you shouldnt have thought that way - whatever he saw you, personality, hobbies, perphaps he liked your sense of humor or your affection for pets, maybe you had common intests, who knows, the point is whatever it was you obviously had something to offer to spike his interest, why would you think you werent good enough ? Sister, you have self esteem issues you need to work on and I say this caringly having felt what you just described yourseld.

I guess we watch a different show, because the one I watch, always ends with couple breaking up / never working out despite the proven track record announcer announces in every episode. :laugh::laugh:

This is a really old-fashioned way of thinking of sex - like sex is an object, to be "given" or "withheld," or something that you "bargain for." Or that sex can somehow be "shiny," or "new" or "brand name."

Sex is an experience to be shared with someone that you care about. It's not a weapon, or a bargaining chip, or a tool to gain leverage, or a purse that you covet.

Those bags look really, really real. They sure as heck aren't beat up.
The fake looks great for one or two weeks then the threads come out at the handle, the zipper comes apart, it starts to look like trash and really obviously fake.

And flea markets in that area sell used fakes. They are AWFUL.

People want what they cant have when they can see their goals are attainable, in your case he may have been loosing patience or feeling like the goal was just too elusive, how long would you have strung him along without sex ? 6 months ? What if you just havent felt ready even then ?

See, you shouldnt have thought that way - whatever he saw you, personality, hobbies, perphaps he liked your sense of humor or your affection for pets, maybe you had common intests, who knows, the point is whatever it was you obviously had something to offer to spike his interest, why would you think you werent good enough ? Sister, you have self esteem issues you need to work on and I say this caringly having felt what you just described yourseld.

I guess we watch a different show, because the one I watch, always ends with couple breaking up / never working out despite the proven track record announcer announces in every episode. :laugh::laugh:

Had he deleted the profile like he said and changed the facebook things would have been different. But, when he lied about that and broke trust all one thinks is: what else are you lying about.

He liked me because I am fun and immature while all his cohort are a drag who talk about work 24-7.

And for Millionaire Matchmaker those shows are meant for entertainment value. It would not be entertaining if the people were not ridiculous. Maybe you should google her because she knows her stuff. If she were a failed matchmaker she would not be where she is. Also, its hysterical when she says "the penis does not get off the couch" when she throws out potential dates for her clients. I think that is a great litmus test for someone's worth as well.

This is a really old-fashioned way of thinking of sex - like sex is an object, to be "given" or "withheld," or something that you "bargain for." Or that sex can somehow be "shiny," or "new" or "brand name."

Sex is an experience to be shared with someone that you care about. It's not a weapon, or a bargaining chip, or a tool to gain leverage, or a purse that you covet.

So would you mind if your gf at medical school was promiscuous and of a free and easy manner? Then when you go to the local student bar with her five guys in there can say "I hit that", "I Hit that", "I hit that", "I hit that", "I hit that". And you can say "I don't mind sex is not something shiny and new"

So would you mind if your gf at medical school was promiscuous and of a free and easy manner? Then when you go to the local student bar with her five guys in there can say "I hit that", "I Hit that", "I hit that", "I hit that", "I hit that". And you can say "I don't mind sex is not something shiny and new"

First off, smq123 is my gf.

Second off, I wouldn't care if that was the case as long as the woman was faithful to me in our relationship. Though promiscuity is definitely not the case with smq.

First off, smq123 is my gf.

Second off, I wouldn't care if that was the case as long as the woman was faithful to me in our relationship. Though promiscuity is definitely not the case with smq.

First off, your emphasis on the word my is interesting. Are you purveying some archaic outmoded idea that your woman is your property? Second, you're lying. If what you claim about not minding that half the bar has nailed your chick; then why does society shun promiscuous women with such animosity?

Are you purveying some archaic outmoded idea that your woman is your property?

:laugh: She is totally my property. I know you want her. Hands off. I already took a branding iron to her butt. It looks like:

N

Second, you're lying. If what you claim about not minding that half the bar has nailed your chick; then why does society shun promiscuous women with such animosity?

:rolleyes: I already said I'm not all men. My perspectives represent me. But I still don't know who you mean by "society". Don't mistake a vocal minority who are trying to justify their own celibacy for the majority.

Now you are just being obnoixious and I was just about to start feeling sympathetic towards you,

Not looking at sex as an object or in the manner in which you do, does not make someone promiscious, it makes them modern and confident. A sexual being with their own desires and their own sexuality. For example, if I was seeing for a couple weeks and I really liked him, I would sleep with him to see if it has the potential to go further. Sometimes it did and resulted in long term relationships, sometimes it didnt but when it didn't I wasnt somehow " lessened" or turned into a leper by the experience of having sex which is what you are implying. I still remained me and only benefitted in the process - had a fun enjoyable experience and chance to get to know someone. Perphaps, I learned a new trick in
the processes and became an even better lover - all only positive attributes.
You seem to have a very weird self worth perspective that is lessened by the experience of having sex early on - but what you dont realize is that you are
only worth how much you think you are.

Now you are just being obnoixious and I was just about to start feeling sympathetic towards you,

Not looking at sex as an object or in the manner in which you do, does not make someone promiscious, it makes them modern and confident. A sexual being with their own desires and their own sexuality. For example, if I was seeing for a couple weeks and I really liked him, I would sleep with him to see if it has the potential to go further. Sometimes it did and resulted in long term relationships, sometimes it didnt but when it didn't I wasnt somehow " lessened" or turned into a leper by the experience of having sex which is what you are implying. I still remained me and only benefitted in the process - had a fun enjoyable experience and chance to get to know someone. Perphaps, I learned a new trick in
the processes and became an even better lover - all only positive attributes.
You seem to have a very weird self worth perspective that is lessened by the experience of having sex early on - but what you dont realize is that you are
only worth how much you think you are.

Men and women respond differently to sex. If you're a med student you should know that. When a woman has sex her body is designed to become more attached to her partner (she seeks the best mate who will take care of her forever). Whereas men are designed to have as many sexual partners as possible. So it is plausible one can sleep with a man and have HIM view it as a "do I like having sex with her" gamble, but I do not think the same is true for women.

:laugh: Where has Cheb ever said she's a MED student.

And how would you know about what we learn in med school? Got any peer reviewed journal articles to back up these outdated beliefs about gender and sex?

Google evolutionary psychology. There is a charming social psych experiment where respondents were asked how intelligent a one night stand would need to be to have sex with them. Something like 90% of men answered "far below average" whereas 0 women said that. They taught that in social psych and I have heard a lot of premed students take psych classes to line their gpa. So you may have come across this experiment in your studies. Also, why is promiscuity the norm in gay culture if men and women are not fundamentally different in their attitude to sex.

Men and women respond differently to sex. If you're a med student you should know that. When a woman has sex her body is designed to become more attached to her partner (she seeks the best mate who will take care of her forever). Whereas men are designed to have as many sexual partners as possible. So it is plausible one can sleep with a man and have HIM view it as a "do I like having sex with her" gamble, but I do not think the same is true for women.

God you're awesome

Last edited:
Men and women respond differently to sex. If you're a med student you should know that.

I've been a med student, and they never taught us this. Probably because it's not really true. The idea that women are looking for a permanent partner while men have some evolutionary drive to have as many partners as possible is based on a really old fashioned idea that frankly isn't true for a lot of people anymore.

Plenty of women are interested in making sure that sexual compatibility is there, not just men.

I've been a med student, and they never taught us this. Probably because it's not really true. The idea that women are looking for a permanent partner while men have some evolutionary drive to have as many partners as possible is based on a really old fashioned idea that frankly isn't true for a lot of people anymore.

Plenty of women are interested in making sure that sexual compatibility is there, not just men.

Well yeah. It seems obvious. You do wanna know if the car functions exactly as you want before you purchase it....

I remember when sex was "new"... And it was more like new, awkward, wait a minute where does this thing go again...? :lol:

So I've only really skimmed this thread, but I'm not sure where the problem is coming in. If you want to wait to have sex, that's great. It's a personal decision and you shouldn't do it (for the first time ever, or the first time in a relationship) until you feel you are ready. Similarly, if you want to have sex as soon as possible, that's great too. The important part is that your partner needs to be on board with that decision. If they aren't, it means you're not as compatible as you would have liked. Move on to someone who shares your viewpoints.

There is a middle ground in the world, not everyone falls into the hit it and quit it or lets get married first categories.

And what does he have to do to prove he's serious? I know if I were just trying to get laid I'd wouldn't give someone months of my time.

I have integrity and live my life by what I think is right. Not what "most people" are doing or what is the easiest to do.Believe me I wanted to sleep with him. But, if we slept together and he dropped me because I was a "terrible sex partner" I would be in purgatory and a catatonic state of depression or totally numb for a considerable period of time.
You're going to have to step out of your shell and do it at some point if you want a long lasting relationship.

If you catch up with him and he gives you another shot: I suggest you sit down and talk about these issues so it's all out in the open.

That's my serious advice, now in for more lulz.:corny:

So I've only really skimmed this thread, but I'm not sure where the problem is coming in. If you want to wait to have sex, that's great. It's a personal decision and you shouldn't do it (for the first time ever, or the first time in a relationship) until you feel you are ready. Similarly, if you want to have sex as soon as possible, that's great too. The important part is that your partner needs to be on board with that decision. If they aren't, it means you're not as compatible as you would have liked. Move on to someone who shares your viewpoints.

I agree with the concluding statements. And I have to say - don't be a dick and call the guy a selfish prick for wanting sex earlier in the relationship.

MDyoucantseeme said:
So it is plausible one can sleep with a man and have HIM view it as a "do I like having sex with her" gamble, but I do not think the same is true for women.

My god, Are you kidding me ? Who gives a frak what HE ( since you liked to emphasize the male perspetive ) views it as, what matters is how YOU view it as because you are the one making consious choices about your life and you have your own head on the shoulders and feelings and thoughts. It's sad and depressing to think you are codependent on someones thought making process for your own happiness and for evaluation of your worth. In other words, you only give someone as much power as you hand them over, if you believe as a woman you will become attached after sex, then you will. If you believe after you give up sex, it will be a "gamble on if a guy likes having sex with you" then it only is a reflection of your own self esteem.

I wouldn't even think this way: I would think, do I like having sex with him ? I'd the best
version of myself I could possibly be and he doesnt like it, so be it, there is nothing I can do.

More so, I don't put myself in this position where sex makes or breaks a relationship because
people I date generally know I have a free will and can leave on my own terms. You, on the other hand, allocate all the decision making process on the man ultimately painting yourself as a weak needy partner. Not a desirable quality in mate. Not someone I would want to date or be
with and probably explains the lack of his " re- appearance" since we like word games

And seems it seems, you aren't open to responses that don't support your pov or bash the poor guy, I am no more wasting time on you, I have a clinical exam to take and heart failure
patients to stabilize, maybe kill a few in the process.

And, I really think you should speak for yourself in terms of attachment. You are projecting self onto the female kind. Not all women are like you, not at all.

Last edited:
There is a charming social psych experiment where respondents were asked how intelligent a one night stand would need to be to have sex with them. Something like 90% of men answered "far below average" whereas 0 women said that.
Well if you're interested in neuroscience, it's been found that both men and women who have sex will experience an "addiction" to their sexual partner. That "addiction" causes brain activity similar to a chemical addiction. Based on what I read, it wears off after 6-9 months. Might explain why relationships have a "honeymoon" period.

Then again, I read that in a neuroscience book intended for "lay people" - I've never hunted for a scientific article with proof of that concept. It could be a misinterpreted or stretched truth.

To get to your issue, what did you ever do to show that you were trustworthy? Your date is a resident in some medical field, and you're a poor pre-med. The thought probably crossed his mind that you might have wanted money out of him, or that you wanted to use him to help get you into medical school. Based on what you've written, you withheld physical intimacy from him, and you seemingly became jealous, insecure, and demanding, wanting him to show that he was committed to you when your own commitment to him probably seemed questionable.

The guy isn't a stone with no feelings. When you withhold physical intimacy, he may interpret it to mean that you're not really interested in him, or that you don't find him attractive. Those sorts of thoughts hurt, and can easily kill a fledgling relationship. Did you ever do anything to reassure him that it wasn't the case? Based on what you've written, you also accused him of just dating you to sleep with you. I'd personally find that very offensive. Combined with your reluctance to engage in physical intimacy, yes, I'd probably think that you had issues, too.

Your views about sex aren't "wrong" or messed up, but I disagree with them. I was raised with the idea that you shouldn't have sex before marriage, but as an adult, I think it's garbage. (God help me if I have a change of heart as a parent and my children ever trace this message back to me.) Sex is a very important part of a relationship, and sexual compatibility is almost as important as being compatible with a person in terms of personality and lifestyle. Some would probably argue that it's just as important, and they might be right. I think it's a foolish idea to marry someone without fully understanding what you're getting into.

Don't misunderstand: I think that sex is something special... but I also think that America's overemphasis on it has really messed up some people and their relationships.

As to your worry about having sex and falling even harder for the guy, that's what a relationship is all about. The reason it's so hard is that it's the ultimate game of trust. Nobody wants to experience the pain of investing all of yourself, only to have the relationship crumble. If you can't trust your partner to go all-in, or if you don't feel that your partner is worth the risk, then you're less willing to give more of yourself. But you can't have it both ways; as the saying goes, nothing ventured, nothing gained. If you're not willing to invest more of yourself in the relationship, it won't progress or deepen. Obviously you should be smart about it (don't go all in on the first few dates), but you're going to need to risk yourself if you ever want to have a really strong relationship.

My credentials for advice... I haven't dated a ton of women in my life, but I've been in a relationship for close to seven years now, and I've been happily married to the lady for close to two years :) (More importantly, she's happily married to me!) Every person and every relationship is different, so always take relationship advice with your grains of salt.

You're right women use guys for sex. That is why on dating websites all of the women are trying to get laid and all of the guys are trying to get attention and compliments. That's also why lesbian culture is so promiscuous and gay men are the least likely carriers of STDs.

There is a middle ground in the world, not everyone falls into the hit it and quit it or lets get married first categories.

And what does he have to do to prove he's serious? I know if I were just trying to get laid I'd wouldn't give someone months of my time.

You're going to have to step out of your shell and do it at some point if you want a long lasting relationship.

If you catch up with him and he gives you another shot: I suggest you sit down and talk about these issues so it's all out in the open.

That's my serious advice, now in for more lulz.:corny:

He didn't give me months of his time. We went on four or five dates and we texted a lot. Two of those dates he slept at my apt and I slept at his apartment. So, it seemed like it was leading up to physical intimacy.

Also for texting me everyday, anyone who has watched jersey shore can tell you a guy can be at a diner with a girl while texting three other girls. So, the fact that he texted me everyday all day proves nothing. I think the important thing is he walked when I didn't sleep with him. The fact he just wanted sex is proven when I did not have sex with him and he stopped calling me.

To get to your issue, what did you ever do to show that you were trustworthy? Your date is a resident in some medical field, and you're a poor pre-med. The thought probably crossed his mind that you might have wanted money out of him, or that you wanted to use him to help get you into medical school.

I'm not a poor pre med I am an MA student in the humanities. Also, if I wanted his money (which he had none of because he's 200k in debt) he never took me on fancy dates or bought me presents. A resident makes 40-50 k a year and is hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt. He's WAY poorer than I am.

When we were going out I wasn't even thinking about medical school so you're wrong there too. He did write me a doctor's note to get me out of a jam at school. And when we got in a fight he said I only liked him because he was a dr. But, I think at that point he was looking for reasons to break it off because we hadn't slept together.

Based on what you've written, you withheld physical intimacy from him, and you seemingly became jealous, insecure, and demanding, wanting him to show that he was committed to you when your own commitment to him probably seemed questionable.
I didn't withhold physical intimacy. Our relationship was v physical which is probably why he thought we'd sleep together at some point. He is the one who brought up commitment. Not me. He said he wanted to be bf/gf. Since actions speak louder then words I said he should change his facebook status. He said that he would and then didn't. So he lied.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Also for texting me everyday, anyone who has watched jersey shore can tell you a guy can be at a diner with a girl while texting three other girls. So, the fact that he texted me everyday all day proves nothing. I think the important thing is he walked when I didn't sleep with him. The fact he just wanted sex is proven when I did not have sex with him and he stopped calling me.

Wow. Maybe it had nothing to do with sex at all. I mean... I wouldn't be too happy if my SO was comparing my behavior to Snookie. :laugh:

He didn't give me months of his time. We went on four or five dates and we texted a lot. Two of those dates he slept at my apt and I slept at his apartment. So, it seemed like it was leading up to physical intimacy.

I feel like you're not telling us the whole story here. Guys don't text girls every day unless they're really, really into them. If he was just looking for sex, it would have been once every couple of days. So tell me this, did he ever directly ask you to have sex with him? Or did you just randomly assume that was all he was interested in?

I can tell you from personal experience that there is more to us guys than just a desire to have sex. If I got into a relationship where the woman I was dating said she didn't believe in physical intimacy at all, I'd call it off immediately, because you have to have that in order for a relationship to work. On the other hand, though, if a girl repeatedly accused me of only being into her for sex, I'd be so insulted that I'd call it off. Neither extreme is really a good thing (unless you've talked it over and decided that you're both ok with whatever is going to happen between the two of you).

Keep in mind that most guys that are even remotely mature will be up front about their relationship desires. It causes a huge amount of drama to say you're looking for a relationship when all you want is sex (and it's unnecessary drama too-most guys are capable of finding a girl who also only wants sex out of the relationship). Maybe I'm misreading your comments, but it seems like something doesn't add up.

Last edited:
I'm not a poor pre med I am an MA student in the humanities. Also, if I wanted his money (which he had none of because he's 200k in debt) he never took me on fancy dates or bought me presents. A resident makes 40-50 k a year and is hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt. He's WAY poorer than I am.

When we were going out I wasn't even thinking about medical school so you're wrong there too. He did write me a doctor's note to get me out of a jam at school. And when we got in a fight he said I only liked him because he was a dr. But, I think at that point he was looking for reasons to break it off because we hadn't slept together.

You wanted to date him cause he was a doctor and he wanted to date you for teh poon. Obviously you two are even now.

Clearly it didn't work out. Move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.