I want a car!! Any advice??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh and I am sorry about what happen to your daughter. I was going to tell you that in the other thread but it got closed.

Thanks. I appreciate it. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I worked as a pharmacy tech before and I worked at Bebe for 3 years! :p

In all seriousness, I have seen a few medicaid patients like that from the short period of time I worked at a retail pharmacy. So it definetly doesn't cover every single patient. I was more trying to make fun of people that drive nice cars and live in crappy houses then anything else.

Joking aside I think number 7 is depressingly accurate. I mean it's true of almost everyone not just medicaid patients but if I were getting free medication I wouldn't gripe about a 15 minute wait. I don't mean to project that on to every medicaid patient, but common people be reasonable!

Edit: I love the last line of your post! You were "only" making fun of people who live in crappy homes! :lol:

I've spent the majority of my life on the dole. It appears to me that someone in the government owes me an Escalade. Excellent news. I can sell it and buy a reasonable car.

Members don't see this ad :)
Joking aside I think number 7 is depressingly accurate. I mean it's true of almost everyone not just medicaid patients but if I were getting free medication I wouldn't gripe about a 15 minute wait. I don't mean to project that on to every medicaid patient, but common people be reasonable!

Edit: I love the last line of your post! You were "only" making fun of people who live in crappy homes! :lol:

LOL...I have nothing against anyone. I just think it is very very FUNNY and kinda stupid to act rich and buy crap when you obviously can't afford it. WE all like nice stuff (cars, houses, clothes, etc), but some people just don't have the sense to think what is MOST important and what is least important. If you can't afford a nice house then you should definetly not buy a nice car. I see so many American people live in crappy houses and take a HUGE ass loan out to buy nice expensive cars! That is just flat out stupid.

I have always been taught to buy what I can afford. I always try to get stuff paid off ASAP. People that buy things on credit, have no money, and then act like they are rich are just flat out stupid. I see it a lot with Americans mostly. Asian people usually like to buy things in cash and buy what we can afford only. We also buy what is MOST important first.

I've spent the majority of my life on the dole. It appears to me that someone in the government owes me an Escalade. Excellent news. I can sell it and buy a reasonable car.

Typical government inefficiency. Don't get me started.

If you come to Philly and want to work midnight shift, I might could figure something out.

Midnight shift? :eek: I will look a little more and if I can't find anything I will PM you! Thanks a lot for your help! :)

Oh and if it's hospital it would be even BETTER b/c I have no hospital experience. Save me a spot just in case!

Last edited:
I am not saying the medicaid offices give away free cars. I am saying that most medicaid people have these things in common:
1) they don't like to work
2) they like to spend a lot of money on cars and anything that would make them seem like they are very rich to others. They LOVE it and want everyone to think that they are rich.
3) they hate to spend a dime on anything that won't help them seem rich to other people (like prescriptions for example! :rolleyes: and houses b/c people can't see where they live at! :laugh:).
4) they all are on a million different prescriptions...they LOVE to be on pain meds. :rolleyes:
5) they all have children on Adderall.
6) they all have at least 6+ children with the woman still pregnant.
7) none of them can wait for more then 5 minutes on any prescription.

^ is your typical medicaid person! :laugh: You can't deny this!

spaceghostwut.jpg

Actually, I'm 20 weeks pregnant now. It's a boy. :)

Awwww....I want a baby...it's too bad pharmacy school is taking up my life right now. I can't wait to finally graduate. I am sure you feel the same way.

I'm sorry, I just busted out in laughter after seeing this. Space Ghost Coast to Coast had a great run as far as I'm concerned. That show was amazing.

I used to watch it as a kid, never understand it and borderline hated it. Then later I found out it was meant for older teenagers and adults.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just bought a used 2009 Altima 3.5 s w/CVT and I'm loving it. Also for a good price. Traded in my 2002 Camry for about 6000k and an extra 4300k. Only have 30,000k miles and I got a great deal since I got it at Christmas Day. I'll probably keep it until I'm done with Pharm School, then I'm getting and BMW 3 or 5 series, or if I feel good about myself, an M3. :D

Just for future reference, I'm going to place this right here for future comparsions.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOwSPccbzl4[/YOUTUBE]

For a recap:

0-60 4.4 Tie

1/4 mile: [email protected] 5.0L vs [email protected] M3--Mustang

Braking distance: 60-0 108 ft. 5.0L vs 110 ft. M3--Mustang

Lateral accel: .96 5.0L vs .95 M3--Mustang

Figure 8: 24.9 @.76 5.0L vs [email protected] M3--Mustang

Lap time: 1:27.67 M3 vs 1:27.76--5.0L--BMW

For most areas, the 5.0L either ties or comes out ahead by a very small margin, excluding the .09th of a second on the track time in favor of the M3.

Question of the day: is a interior worth 25,000 dollars?

Just for future reference, I'm going to place this right here for future comparsions.

[YOUTUBE]uOwSPccbzl4[/YOUTUBE]

For a recap:

0-60 4.4 Tie

1/4 mile: [email protected] 5.0L vs [email protected] M3--Mustang

Braking distance: 60-0 108 ft. 5.0L vs 110 ft. M3--Mustang

Lateral accel: .96 5.0L vs .95 M3--Mustang

Figure 8: 24.9 @.76 5.0L vs [email protected] M3--Mustang

Lap time: 1:27.67 M3 vs 1:27.76--5.0L--BMW

For most areas, the 5.0L either ties or comes out ahead by a very small margin, excluding the .09th of a second on the track time in favor of the M3.

Question of the day: is a interior + bmw badge worth 25,000 dollars?
Fixed to include the brand name lovers

Why stop there?

Is a ****ty riding car with a "sport suspension" that feels like you hit a pothole when you drive over a pebble worth having an engine that can really only be used to its potential by driving illegally in an attempt to pretend you are Dale Earnhardt worth spending all that money?

I say...no. Of course, I actually have some damned sense.

But, hey, buy the Mustang. It's an American car and that single purchase will likely create 3-4 jobs. The US economy needs a boost. And when wise people like me aren't going to spend a ton of money in a recession, we need *******es to buy $50,000 cars to stimulate that stagnant ****. Your stupidity in personal finance is indirectly my gain.

Why stop there?

Is a ****ty riding car with a "sport suspension" that feels like you hit a pothole when you drive over a pebble worth having an engine that can really only be used to its potential by driving illegally in an attempt to pretend you are Dale Earnhardt worth spending all that money?

But, hey, buy the Mustang. It's an American car and that single purchase will likely create 3-4 jobs. The US economy needs a boost. And when wise people like me aren't going to spend a ton of money in a recession, we need *******es to buy $50,000 cars to stimulate that stagnant ****. Your stupidity in personal finance is indirectly my gain.

LOL, actually I'd never buy a 5.0 unless I lived extremely close to a track since the V6 almost replaces the 2010 GT in terms of driving ability. Yeah, it sounds like I'm obsessed with this, but it's just another hobby (not rich or anything).

Why stop there?

I'm a big mustang supporter, but I have to generally agree with your argument about having to drive illegally to unleash (or any sports) car's potential. Maybe I missed your sarcasm or something, but how do you figure a single 30,000 purchase (the starting price of a 5.0L Mustang) will create 3-4 jobs. When I do the math, it comes to $7,5000-10k per year per job???

I mean, I get the point you are making, but I refuse to believe a $30k sports car is a huge splurge for someone making over 100k. (Except when compared to your Taurus).

I'm a big mustang supporter, but I have to generally agree with your argument about having to drive illegally to unleash (or any sports) car's potential. Maybe I missed your sarcasm or something, but how do you figure a single 30,000 purchase (the starting price of a 5.0L Mustang) will create 3-4 jobs. When I do the math, it comes to $7,5000-10k per year per job???

I mean, I get the point you are making, but I refuse to believe a $30k sports car is a huge splurge for someone making over 100k. (Except when compared to your Taurus).

I was thinking $50,000 for the car. I guess it's cheaper than I thought. And it's been calculated that each American unionized auto manufacturing job creates 9 other jobs in other industries (healthcare, insurance, food, etc, etc). I figure 3 jobs is about right especially once you figure the insane profit Ford makes off of expensive cars...

Man, is your avatar a picture of Bubbles from The Wire. I ****ing loved that show.

As for me... I'll probably stick to my 2008 vehicle for a while and then spend no more than 35k on a used luxury sedan when I'm in my 30s and more situated.

Why stop there?

I heard American cars use up a lot of gasoline very quickly...I am not sure though b/c I have only driven Japanese and German made cars before. Is that true?

I am able to nurse about a 40 mpg mileage on the highway on my TN made Saturn. My mom said she was able to get about the same mileage on the highway with her Chevy.

I heard American cars use up a lot of gasoline very quickly...I am not sure though b/c I have only driven Japanese and German made cars before. Is that true?

Haha, just for giggles, the 2011 V6 is rated at 305 HP (270 RWHP) and 19/31 fuel economy. That's unheard of for a car with this level of performance.

Man, is your avatar a picture of Bubbles from The Wire. I ****ing loved that show.

As for me... I'll probably stick to my 2008 vehicle for a while and then spend no more than 35k on a used luxury sedan when I'm in my 30s and more situated.

Indeed. But he goes by Reginald now...haven't you heard?

Not anymore. Ford and Chevy have gotten really good about improving their mileage. If you pick a lighter sedan-looking thing w/o AWD drive youre going to get 25mpg at least.

Except Chrysler. I dont know what the hell is wrong with them, but at least their interiors are getting better.

I dont see anything wrong with buying a brand new car straight out of school. Everyone deserves a splurge.

The problem is when people decide they want a new car....and want to eat out all the time....oh and spend $150 at the mall every weekend....and have an expensive phone with data....and have a nice place...maybe even a house. You cant spurge EVERY detail of your life. ;)

Ive had my PT Loser since I was 19. 8 years this Feb 10th....Im in no hurry to replace it because cars are a ripoff these days...nothing remarkable. I already have a turbocharged FWD hatchback, thanks. The closest thing out there to what I want is a Lexus ct200h thingy but even that looks like a bloated pig. Oh well.

$100k income will net you around $70k... you spend almost 1/2 net income in a car, and that's not a huge splurge?

Well go ahead and buy a $30k ford car nonetheless, I will gain some money too. I am buying $30k worth of ford stocks, let's see who comes out ahead! :p

"Buy the stocks, not the product!"
http://www.fool.com/retirement/general/2010/04/30/buy-the-stock-not-the-product.aspx

Touche'

Although if you drive the Mustang for 5-10 years, it comes out to be a lot less than 1/2 net income. According to Edmunds True Cost to Own, it's only 8k more over 5 years than a Camry (44k vs. 36).... I gotta do what i can to help justify an unsound financial decision, haha. You do make a good point about the stocks though....but you can't measure fun in dollars.

Not anymore. Ford and Chevy have gotten really good about improving their mileage. If you pick a lighter sedan-looking thing w/o AWD drive youre going to get 25mpg at least.

Except Chrysler. I dont know what the hell is wrong with them, but at least their interiors are getting better.

I dont see anything wrong with buying a brand new car straight out of school. Everyone deserves a splurge.

The problem is when people decide they want a new car....and want to eat out all the time....oh and spend $150 at the mall every weekend....and have an expensive phone with data....and have a nice place...maybe even a house. You cant spurge EVERY detail of your life. ;)

Ive had my PT Loser since I was 19. 8 years this Feb 10th....Im in no hurry to replace it because cars are a ripoff these days...nothing remarkable. I already have a turbocharged FWD hatchback, thanks. The closest thing out there to what I want is a Lexus ct200h thingy but even that looks like a bloated pig. Oh well.

People should do what makes them happy! Personally I rather pay off my loans first and then buy a nice house and then buy a nice car but that's just me. I am not a big car person to begin with. LOL....

If someone LOVE cars and nothing else then go ahead and make your car your priority. Just as long as you have a good job, good credit score etc. then go ahead and do what makes you happy. You only have one life.

People should do what makes them happy! Personally I rather pay off my loans first and then buy a nice house and then buy a nice car but that's just me. I am not a big car person to begin with. LOL....

If someone LOVE cars and nothing else then go ahead and make your car your priority. Just as long as you have a good job, good credit score etc. then go ahead and do what makes you happy. You only have one life.

Are you in a good mood tonight? That has to be the nicest, most pleasant thing I have ever seen you say. I approve. :thumbup:

Last edited:
I am actually very PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!!!! This is what happened!!!

So I signed on facebook. I NEVER go on facebook chat, but decided to click on it today. SO I went on facebook chat and saw the guy I liked ONLINE. So I stayed online to see if he will say HEY to me....He didn't...about 15 minutes later he signed off. :rolleyes: SO I stay online for a few minutes and then sign off myself.

However, about 20 minutes later I signed back on just to see if he is online and he was, but you know what??? THE SECOND I SIGN ON HE SIGN OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: WTF!!!!!!

That's it, I am offically PISSED OFF NOW!!!! WTF DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS KIND OF TREATMENT?????? WTF!!!!!

I ****ing hate men! They can all died!!!

OKay sorry, beside that my night as been great! :D

LOL @ women who think men should initiate conversaitons. If you like him, you should have initiated the convo.

Last edited:
I have NEVER in my life initated a conversation with a guy first. LOL....And after what he did to me I HATE HIM FOREVER. He can die, I'll never talk to him again!!! How dare he sign off on me!!!!!!!!!!!

I have over 2300+ on my facebook page and whenever I sign on I usually get random people wanting to chat with me. He should feel HONORED that I even thought about him!!!

Sorry I still can't believe someone just SIGNED OFF ON ME!!! WTF!!!! :eek:

ronniefall3.gif

I am actually very PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!!!! This is what happened!!!

So I signed on facebook. I NEVER go on facebook chat, but decided to click on it today. SO I went on facebook chat and saw the guy I liked ONLINE. So I stayed online to see if he will say HEY to me....He didn't...about 15 minutes later he signed off. :rolleyes: SO I stay online for a few minutes and then sign off myself.

However, about 20 minutes later I signed back on just to see if he is online and he was, but you know what??? THE SECOND I SIGN ON HE SIGN OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: WTF!!!!!!

That's it, I am offically PISSED OFF NOW!!!! WTF DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS KIND OF TREATMENT?????? WTF!!!!!

I ****ing hate men! They can all died!!!

OKay sorry, beside that my night as been great! :D

I have NEVER in my life initated a conversation with a guy first. LOL....And after what he did to me I HATE HIM FOREVER. He can die, I'll never talk to him again!!! How dare he sign off on me!!!!!!!!!!!

I have over 2300+ on my facebook page and whenever I sign on I usually get random people wanting to chat with me. He should feel HONORED that I even thought about him!!!

Sorry I still can't believe someone just SIGNED OFF ON ME!!! WTF!!!! :eek:

1. Facebook doesn't send notifications when someone signs on. He may have been doing something else and not noticed that you signed on. If he was working on his farm or playing Bejeweled or perhaps even looking at another web site, he might not have even clicked the chat list to see who was online.

2. Did you really just say you want him to DIE because he didn't CHAT with you on FACEBOOK which is a WEB SITE? Die? Really???

3. These posts make you sound like a pimple-faced 12 year old girl, not a professional student in her mid 20's. I would edit them if I were you.

4. If this is really how you approach relationships, maybe you aren't ready to be dating? I'm seriously shaking my head at this. You can't be serious!

1. Facebook doesn't send notifications when someone signs on. He may have been doing something else and not noticed that you signed on. If he was working on his farm or playing Bejeweled or perhaps even looking at another web site, he might not have even clicked the chat list to see who was online.

2. Did you really just say you want him to DIE because he didn't CHAT with you on FACEBOOK which is a WEB SITE? Die? Really???

3. These posts make you sound like a pimple-faced 12 year old girl, not a professional student in her mid 20's. I would edit them if I were you.

4. If this is really how you approach relationships, maybe you aren't ready to be dating? I'm seriously shaking my head at this. You can't be serious!

I am not 100% on this, but I dare say that SHC has learned how to bait you like a fish. :laugh:

Or maybe I am way off base. ;)

Okay I was over reacting last night. LOL....I just expected that he would talk to me but he didn't. :rolleyes: No I don't wish he dies, but I am never going to talk to him first until he talks me to first.

Pimples? hell no. I would go to the derm ASAP if I get one. :laugh:

Okay I was over reacting last night. LOL....I just expected that he would talk to me but he didn't. :rolleyes: No I don't wish he dies, but I am never going to talk to him first until he talks me to first.

Pimples? hell no. I would go to the derm ASAP if I get one. :laugh:

I would bet $$$ he just didn't realize you were online. I hardly ever look at the chat list on Facebook unless I'm looking for someone specifically or whatever. Anyway... you need to employ the "bend and snap." That will get him to talk to you for sure. Watch Legally Blonde if you need an example.

I would bet $$$ he just didn't realize you were online. I hardly ever look at the chat list on Facebook unless I'm looking for someone specifically or whatever. Anyway... you need to employ the "bend and snap." That will get him to talk to you for sure. Watch Legally Blonde if you need an example.

If someone did that, I'd think that they had cerebral palsy or something.

No, the interior is not worth $25K more, but that's why I'd buy a used or certified pre-owned for about the same price as a new Mustang.

BMW_preowned.jpg

God, I love BMW's marketing schemes. No harm done, cool?