I really, really screwed up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

malpractice lawyer

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was retaking some courses that I had bombed years ago - really old stuff that would show up on my application as F's. I know aacomas replaces the retaken class. One of them was a very basic, simple math class. I took it online from a community college last semester and something must have went wrong when I took the final - got my grade today - I got a C. I was so shocked, I felt sick to my stomach. I am so freaking screwed. i know it is beyond lethal to do so poorly in a retaken class. i am distraught.
the sad thing is that I have a 3.67 BCP gpa and a 3.0 non-sci gpa. By the time i apply it should be around 3.3 cum. Am I screwed?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't lose hope. I retook gen chem twice to finally receive an A. I was offered interviews at all the schools I applied to and have been accepted to 2 of the 5. Just make sure that everything else in your app shines!!!

By the way, my gpa is 3.69 with a 3.4 science.

Firstly, you shouldn't have much to worry about. Your a cumulative GPA of 3.3 isn't anything to scoff at. As long as your MCAT is ok (25+) you should be fine.

If you really think there is a problem with your grade, confront the teacher. What've you got to lose. I have a friend who confronted his teacher upon receiving a B in a class he thought he should have had an A. He pointed out why he thought he should have an A. The teacher agreed, and changed his grade. So if you had a B going into your final, ask him to show you what your mistakes were, etc. to prove to you that you actually deserved the C. Don't mention medical school, teachers are less helpful when they think you are trying to pad your GPA for Med school.

Good luck,

Russell

Members don't see this ad :)
If you do not have other credits at the school, simply do not report that you took it. Its a bit unethical but there is no way that they will find out. However, I would still retake the class somewhere else.

Originally posted by Stillfocused
If you do not have other credits at the school, simply do not report that you took it. Its a bit unethical but there is no way that they will find out.

This is bad, bad advice. Physicians are given tremendous amounts of trust, and their ethical missteps can eventually hurt a lot of people. Simply getting away with it should be the least of one's concerns.

No one will care too much about a C in a begginning algebra class. Just kick butt on the MCAT (no algebra there :) ), and be sure to learn from the experience. Good luck to you.