I ranked 3 radiology programs and one TY, was I dumb?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Radiologyreviews2015

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, So my rank list for radiology is:

Upenn
Stanford
MGH

One TY

My stats are: MD/PhD from top tier school, Good scores, lots and lots of research. I only reported step 1 and step 2 cs to programs though.

Plain and simple, but I'm thinking I was too dumb. What's my chance of matching?

Members don't see this ad.

If those are the only interviews you received, then you've done the best you can. If you had lots of other interviews and didn't bother to rank them, that was frankly pretty stupid. Not ranking a program = you'd rather no match than go there. At this point there's nothing you can do about it but wait to see what happens. No one can tell you what your chances are.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi, So my rank list for radiology is:

Upenn
Stanford
MGH

One TY

My stats are: MD/PhD from top tier school, Good scores, lots and lots of research. I only reported step 1 and step 2 cs to programs though.

Plain and simple, but I'm thinking I was too dumb. What's my chance of matching?

Yet when you quoted yourself, you wrote Johns Hopkins instead of Stanford. You would think if you've only ranked three places, you'd remember what those were...

Reactions: 1 users
Yet when you quoted yourself, you wrote Johns Hopkins instead of Stanford. You would think if you've only ranked three places, you'd remember what those were...

UGH, busted!! I'm just paranoid and didn't want to be identified by possible programs/residents because I didn't rank them...

UGH, busted!! I'm just paranoid and didn't want to be identified by possible programs/residents because I didn't rank them...
So I changed my list to include one that I didn't rank, UGH!

If those are the only interviews you received, then you've done the best you can. If you had lots of other interviews and didn't bother to rank them, that was frankly pretty stupid. Not ranking a program = you'd rather no match than go there. At this point there's nothing you can do about it but wait to see what happens. No one can tell you what your chances are.

Thanks for your reply. All the programs told me I was one of their strongest candidates and that they wanted me to start residency there so I felt pretty sure about myself when I submitted my rank list. And yes, I interviewed at some more places, but only ranked the ones I throughly loved, which ended up being three. How much does the fact that I didn't submit a step 2 ck score damage me?

What's going on here -- do you have 2 accounts?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I'm pretty sure the folks over in radiology have a shared account that they use to post interview impressions, etc anonymously. That is the account the OP posted with originally. I was epically confused by the same thing the other day.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm pretty sure the folks over in radiology have a shared account that they use to post interview impressions, etc anonymously. That is the account the OP posted with originally. I was epically confused by the same thing the other day.
Yes we have a shared account. To make things even more confusing this is another shared account for me and some nervous friends of mine waiting for the match results...

Thanks for your reply. All the programs told me I was one of their strongest candidates and that they wanted me to start residency there so I felt pretty sure about myself when I submitted my rank list. And yes, I interviewed at some more places, but only ranked the ones I throughly loved, which ended up being three. How much does the fact that I didn't submit a step 2 ck score damage me?

Why didn't you rank places you didn't "throughly love"? Would you rather SOAP than go to those places? Not really understanding your logic here...

Reactions: 2 users
Why didn't you rank places you didn't "throughly love"? Would you rather SOAP than go to those places? Not really understanding your logic here...
I have a job offer from Mckinley I'm taking if I don't match... For me it's not about medicine or nothing, it's about what I love.

I have a job offer from Mckinley I'm taking if I don't match... For me it's not about medicine or nothing, it's about what I love.

If you already have a job lined up, this actually doesn't sound like a bad plan. You'll either match into a program you fell in love with, or take the non-clinical job. Now, if you're planning to quit clinical medicine because you're thinking of applying for other jobs (there was a recent thread about doing this), it's less smart.

Reactions: 2 users
If you already have a job lined up, this actually doesn't sound like a bad plan. You'll either match into a program you fell in love with, or take the non-clinical job. Now, if you're planning to quit clinical medicine because you're thinking of applying for other jobs (there was a recent thread about doing this), it's less smart.
I worked for Mckinley sometime ago and they let me know they really wanted me back, and have a position open for me whenever...

I hear ya. So if you'd rather work for Mckinley than do a residency at any other program than the three you listed, than you've got the exact setup you want.

Yes we have a shared account. To make things even more confusing this is another shared account for me and some nervous friends of mine waiting for the match results...
Let's discuss this privately; shared accounts are not allowed on SDN for exactly this reason.

What's going on here -- do you have 2 accounts?

and applied to rads and optho? pretty sure this poster has a thread elsewhere that has him ranking 3 optho programs and 1 prelim...though didn't realize that optho is in the sf match and results were out in january...to the OP, not sure why you think you need to disguise so much...are you really that paranoid that people are gonna be able to (or care to) figure out who you are?

Let's discuss this privately; shared accounts are not allowed on SDN for exactly this reason.

RadiologyReviews2015 is not a shared account, it's an account that fields anonymous questions from users and posts them in the rads forum for other users to answer. PSamP's account, on the other hand, is an account that appears to be shared by multiple users that have access to the username/password. It would be good to have clarification of whether RR2015 is doing something that is against the ToS for other users, as the service they provide seems to be quite popular.

That sort of thing is legit. Many residency forums have someone (regular user or one off account) that aggregate stuff like this. Both jdh71 and I have done it in IM and Cinematographer is doing it in EM this year.

So if your info is correct, the RR2015 account is OK.

and applied to rads and optho? pretty sure this poster has a thread elsewhere that has him ranking 3 optho programs and 1 prelim...though didn't realize that optho is in the sf match and results were out in january...to the OP, not sure why you think you need to disguise so much...are you really that paranoid that people are gonna be able to (or care to) figure out who you are?

Haha, it's a shared account. Sorry for that! I did not rank ophto but rads.

RadiologyReviews2015 is not a shared account, it's an account that fields anonymous questions from users and posts them in the rads forum for other users to answer. PSamP's account, on the other hand, is an account that appears to be shared by multiple users that have access to the username/password. It would be good to have clarification of whether RR2015 is doing something that is against the ToS for other users, as the service they provide seems to be quite popular.

RR2015 is fine.

That sort of thing is legit. Many residency forums have someone (regular user or one off account) that aggregate stuff like this. Both jdh71 and I have done it in IM and Cinematographer is doing it in EM this year.

So if your info is correct, the RR2015 account is OK.

Yes, my issue is not with RR2015.

Its accounts that multiple users have access to and share passwords that is against the TOS; there is no need for it - SDN registration is free and easy. When users share accounts and then use them to post different stories, it creates unnecessary confusion.

Reactions: 1 users
RR2015 is fine.

Yes, my issue is not with RR2015.

Its accounts that multiple users have access to and share passwords that is against the TOS; there is no need for it - SDN registration is free and easy. When users share accounts and then use them to post different stories, it creates unnecessary confusion.

Oh come on RR2015 is essentially the same thing as this account.

Oh come on RR2015 is essentially the same thing as this account.

Just have you and your friend make different accounts. What is the big deal? If you have 2 people both posting their stories from the same account it makes you look like a liar or somebody who has no idea what they're talking about.

So, did you end up matching?
Also, you have a job lined up with Mckinley, or Mckinsey?

Man, this thread was like an exercise in pathological lying and/or delusion and/or trolling. I wish I remembered enough psych to diagnose it.