I need your opinions.

Dr.Optic

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so I just got done with finals, and well let's just say I did okay. I ended off with an A in all of my classes except pre-calculus and intro to college physics H. My finals weren't great, but I definitely didn't bomb them. So for the first semester, I ended off with a B in both of those classes. I am a little discouraged right now. I'm not even sure if I have what it takes to become a physician anymore. I studied so hard and got mediocre grades in both pre-calc and physics. I did great on the tests (A's) but my score on the finals in pre-calc, and physics aren't so hot... I'm feeling really discouraged right now. Does anyone have any advice? Maybe I'm being just too tough on myself? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly my advice is to just chill.

Keep working hard and if you can think of ways to improve then do that. Once you get to college then continue to do the best you can.

You don't need perfect grades to get into medical school and if you get into the habit of beating yourself down and questioning your abilities any time you don't get an A then you will have a lot of extra misery and distress over the next several years.

TL;DR: Seems like you did well overall. Keep it up, improve if you can. You can still be a doctor. Happy Holidays.

Reactions: 1 user