I need some insight on these practice NS FLs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reflecting100

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am concerned about my most recent NS FL 5 exam. I took it today and I was only able to finish P/S. Did anyone else feel FL 5 B/B passages and questions were very long and worded poorly compared to other exams? My goal is to score 512 on actual.

Or was it just a very bad day for me? (my B/B score on nsfl5 was 3 points lower than what I was scoring on 1-4. Scores listed in chronological order.

NS Diagnostoc: 511
NS Fl1: 516
NS Fl2: 515
AAMC sample: 51/59, 49/53, 56/59, 57/59
NS FL 3: 515
NS FL 4: 514
AAMC FL 2: 521
NS FL 5: 509

Members don't see this ad.

You seem rock solid! I think you are going to do very very well on the MCAT. My next step exams were always ~10-12 points lower than my actual MCAT that I took in January. Trust your AAMC exams! Next step doesn't write the actual MCAT so they are variable in overall representativeness of the exam. Nice work!

NS 5 is extremely hard. You will get at least a 512 but I’m guessing more like a ~520 if you keep up the good work!

The later NS exams are harder than NS FL 1-4 so I wouldn't be alarmed by a score decline. I think you're doing well, since averages of 512 on NS FL usually correspond to upper 510s or 520+ on AAMC FL and on real deal.

Reactions: 1 user