I need help.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

futureDoc@Fl

His/Him
Reaction score
I am an HIV positive pre-med student and I am looking into St. George’s or Ross Med school. I was born with the disease so not much of a choice for me. I would like to get some feedback from students in my same situation and How or if they were able to get medical care and their medication in the islands. Please don’t be hateful. I thank you for your opinion and hopefully I will hear from some of you.

Members don't see this ad.

Medication is a challenge to get if you dont bring the required supply with you in your travel bag as if it gets shipped to you by someone, customs will likely take it. Ask your doctor and insurance if you're able to get a stock pile supply of your drugs to last 4 months at a time. If either says no than you probably can't go. Doctors on island will have to diagnose you and order meds which likely have to get shipped as well and with something like HIV its not really advised to go weeks/months without your meds.

Friend of mine was unable to get Keppra for 3 weeks due to shipping time to the Bajan doctor.

Reactions: 1 user
i went aua and i got meds shipped in a week time . There was importer on the island you could get literally anything from states to here . Honestly i would look into more developed islands like antigua or st martens to go to school
Btw i had hcm and i need my beta blocker on regular basis

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.