I need a Jan residency!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr.sof

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a student at St. George's University. I am graduating in Dec and
plan to go into the 2000 match for family practice. However, I am having
difficulty finding out what if their are any spots available here in NJ
for Jan. Is there any web site I could use? What else could I do for 6
months till the start of residency. I want to stay "fresh" as well as
maintain an income so I can start paying off my loans. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Try the references (i forget what they are called, but any med school library in the US should have them) which list the programs that did not fill all their slots. Check with them and see if you can start in Jan.

I would think that it might be difficult to get a Jan residency if you plan on going into the 2000 match. I bet the residency would want a commitment from you.

I know it is possible to find Jan residencies, I have a friend that did that, at the same (US) school that she got her MD from.

It is just a question of digging up the info. Try Iverson's book, that lists lots of tips for IMG and also read the sections on what to do if you don't match, the same advice could apply to you.

Good luck.

Hi, I can give you a good tip about another residency, but not in NJ
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by drhenderson (edited August 08, 1999).]

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear lord. This site was up and about in the 90s.

Reactions: 3 users
This thread is old enough to get a learner's permit.

Reactions: 5 users
This thread existed 5 years before puberty...

I was 6 when this thread was created...

Reactions: 1 user
0e6c12e42465076d0afce605098fc4aa.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
That guys username was literally just "Jim" on medicalstudent.net and it wasn't taken.

Reactions: 7 users
I wonder how everything turned out for that student.

He made it!!!!

srose: I graduated from St.George's and am going into FP. If you are truely interested in family practice I wouldn't worry. Granted, the ideal situation would be to get into a US school. SGU was great, but it was not an easy road. If it is any consolation, my friends and I suffered during school but WE MADE IT! We are all in competitive family practice residencies in the state of NJ. For FP the focus is more on the personality of the person rather than this score or that score. They are looking for "a good fit". In that respect, going to SGU did not hurt our applications to FP programs.

Reactions: 1 user
can you imagine the necrobumps in, say, 60 years from now?

It will be like us necrobumping someone's pen pal correspondence from the 1950s.

Oh, Jim is such a wonderful husband. He allows me to go out with my friends Pearl and Daisy in my new dress that mother sewed me. I just love how he looks with that cardigan around his neck and those pleated slacks. I'm going to make him a meatloaf to remember. Our new baby is just darling but she really takes a lot of time. I can't iron the drapery nearly as much as I used to!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users