I just want to make money $$$$ pt.2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr.phoot

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see that my first thread got locked (for reasons irrelevant to the message of the thread), so couldn't put this in there.

To recap:
- OP wanted to go to pod school
- crap grades. Emphasis on crap
- OP self reflected on why grades were crap & if the desire for pod school was real
- OP realized desire was fake, but real motive was to go into pod for: money, respect, & women .
- forumers all chimed in and basically said, this is the wrong career for those motives, bruh
- OP was hesitant @ first, then eventually listened and just left

Fast forward to the present.........

Folks, y'all couldnt have been more wrong! Podiatry in particular is the wrong medical field to make bank, but my lord..... until you become close friends with an anesthesiologist and learn of his salary, you'll forever be stuck in the whole "dont go into medicine for money" nonsense gospel that they preach.

I've landed a job at a really nice medical organization. (No more details for personal & safety reasons). And this job has made me realize how wrong many of y'all were in the first thread!

I'm going to get back into the medical field--yes primarily to make $$$$...---but that's some years down the line. I want to pay of all my current debt, buy property, & then take off to school. I'll be non-trad, older, much more disciplined. Only this time around I've come to realize that podiatry was not the way (for me, at least). Podiatry would have been the wrong choice for the kind of salary expectations I have. Just wouldn't have been worth it in the end. I even ran actual spreadsheet calculations for what it would cost me to attend vs. What I could realistically expect to earn and how long to hit the big bucks and just never checked out. Please keep in mind this is unique just to my personal case. I'm not saying in general pod school isn't worth it. I'm saying for myself, the $$$s didnt make sense for me to go. No amount of passion / "trying to help people" could justify what my #s were coming out to.

Its better that things worked out this way in the end. I'll only have med school debt to worry about. I'll have a backup career if all else fails, not to mention what I'm doing now can be combined with a clinical degree and make me a very desirable job applicant! There's a doctor at work whose role is exactly that!

In short, I'm glad I listened to ya'll, but ya'll were wrong. Medicine, the right specialty at least, certainly can certainly bump you up in income levels significantly! And no, you dont need wome crazy passion or love to help people. Just discipline to grind through the books, get good scores for the specialty I got my eyes on, and then BAM! That's it.

Realistically in about 5years, I'm hoping to start at the cheapest U.S. school in the cheapest COL area.

So yeah..... I want to go to med school in 5 years. I'll have non-clinical experience in healthcare setting, and I think it's a solid career for my $$$ goals. (No trolling.. 100% serious)

It's not just about the money, btw. There are areas in medicine in the future that will benefit immensely from doctors with my background!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
@dr.phoot Hey man go and get that bread (is that what they say these days?)

No but seriously, glad you got it figured out.

Update us when you get into MD school.

Best of luck man. Nothing but good vibes for you.

Reactions: 2 users
@dr.phoot Hey man go and get that bread (is that what they say these days?)

No but seriously, glad you got it figured out.

Update us when you get into MD school.

Best of luck man. Nothing but good vibes for you.
thanks, fam. Always got good vibes from you. How's school & the marriage?

And yeah, I did have to figure things out. Plan is to do a post-bacc 3 years from now, along w/ some upper level sciences. Then get strong recc letters from some big names at work. Not to mention "it's a small world". Who you know can go a long way!

Then from there I'll take the MCAT & take a shot.

My current debt and circumstance just doesnt fit well with podiatry otherwise I would have tried that again, but yeah man.

Life is also about time. Things coming together at the correct time, etc. Most of you can probably tell I would have been academically dismissed from med/pod school. 18-28 yr old wont be the same as 30-38 yr old me though! ;)

Reactions: 1 users
I see that my first thread got locked (for reasons irrelevant to the message of the thread), so couldn't put this in there.

To recap:
- OP wanted to go to pod school
- crap grades. Emphasis on crap
- OP self reflected on why grades were crap & if the desire for pod school was real
- OP realized desire was fake, but real motive was to go into pod for: money, respect, & women .
- forumers all chimed in and basically said, this is the wrong career for those motives, bruh
- OP was hesitant @ first, then eventually listened and just left

Fast forward to the present.........

Folks, y'all couldnt have been more wrong! Podiatry in particular is the wrong medical field to make bank, but my lord..... until you become close friends with an anesthesiologist and learn of his salary, you'll forever be stuck in the whole "dont go into medicine for money" nonsense gospel that they preach.

I've landed a job at a really nice medical organization. (No more details for personal & safety reasons). And this job has made me realize how wrong many of y'all were in the first thread!

I'm going to get back into the medical field--yes primarily to make $$$$...---but that's some years down the line. I want to pay of all my current debt, buy property, & then take off to school. I'll be non-trad, older, much more disciplined. Only this time around I've come to realize that podiatry was not the way (for me, at least). Podiatry would have been the wrong choice for the kind of salary expectations I have. Just wouldn't have been worth it in the end. I even ran actual spreadsheet calculations for what it would cost me to attend vs. What I could realistically expect to earn and how long to hit the big bucks and just never checked out. Please keep in mind this is unique just to my personal case. I'm not saying in general pod school isn't worth it. I'm saying for myself, the $$$s didnt make sense for me to go. No amount of passion / "trying to help people" could justify what my #s were coming out to.

Its better that things worked out this way in the end. I'll only have med school debt to worry about. I'll have a backup career if all else fails, not to mention what I'm doing now can be combined with a clinical degree and make me a very desirable job applicant! There's a doctor at work whose role is exactly that!

In short, I'm glad I listened to ya'll, but ya'll were wrong. Medicine, the right specialty at least, certainly can certainly bump you up in income levels significantly! And no, you dont need wome crazy passion or love to help people. Just discipline to grind through the books, get good scores for the specialty I got my eyes on, and then BAM! That's it.

Realistically in about 5years, I'm hoping to start at the cheapest U.S. school in the cheapest COL area.

So yeah..... I want to go to med school in 5 years. I'll have non-clinical experience in healthcare setting, and I think it's a solid career for my $$$ goals. (No trolling.. 100% serious)

It's not just about the money, btw. There are areas in medicine in the future that will benefit immensely from doctors with my background!
Best wishes for you and your plans. Good luck.