I got a 3.0 this semester with an overall GPA of 3.63, what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perchperkins

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I posted a few days ago about how my grades went down. My first semester was a 3.77, my second a 3.89 and now my third was a 3.0. It was a huge drop - thanks calculus. I had a lot going on with work, COVID and online classes. The good news is that I got an A is orgo, the bad news is that my lowest grade this semester was a C in calc. My overall GPA is a 3.63 and i’m a sophomore going into my second semester of college. What do you guys think so far? Any advice or thoughts on my making it? Also is calc apart of the science GPA?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Bro, I had a 3.0 semester when my cGPA was a 3.2 and my cycle is going decently well. You'll be fine. Covid school sucks.

A 3.63 is not bad at all and you still have plenty of time to bring that up after this semester. Don't worry about it! Calc would be included in your BCPM (aka science) GPA, so take some chill easy A science classes after this to boost both your sGPA and cGPA after this.

If you aren't sure which classes factor into your science GPA, think about if they fall under BCPM. B = Biology, C = Chemistry, P = Physics, M = Math. AMCAS has a course classification guide to help you out if you need at AMCAS® Course Classification Guide

Members don't see this ad :)
is this calc 1 we're talking? only take maths at community college.

Yup it’s calc 1
I know you weren't replying to me but if you haven't taken stats yet, definitely try your best to get an A in that because it'll kinda counterbalance the C in calc and I feel like stats is more important than calc anyway.

I know you weren't replying to me but if you haven't taken stats yet, definitely try your best to get an A in that because it'll kinda counterbalance the C in calc and I feel like stats is more important than calc anyway.
Thank you so much for the advice! I’m taking stats this semester.

You're 3 semesters in. You have 3-5 more to go. you're fine. just improve.