I don’t know what I am doing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ciestar

All grown up!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, a few things:
1. Personal statement - what makes a good one? What should I include? I am majorly struggling with this. I was told my PS for med school sucked so I have concerns completing this one.
2. What activities should I include on ERAS? My school more or less told me to copy and paste the descriptions I gave on my MSPE.
3. Should/can I include BLS on my app? (Was told to put this on my CV)

I am getting nervous about this. Should I have my app ready on Sept 5 or the 15th?

As for the rest of my app: will have 2 FM, 2 Peds (potentially, I got some pretty harsh comments on my peds sub-i eval, although my advisor said this evaluator never would have agreed to write a LOR), and 1 OB to choose from. Not sure which ones I should use or which will really be strongest at this point.

Third year grades: 4 HP, 2 H, 1 P
Fourh year grades: 2 HP (both peds)

I just need some advice. With my school’s current issue with Hahnemann, I feel like I’ve gotten less than stellar advice thus far. Plus, a faculty advisor abruptly left, increasing the workload on the rest)

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, a few things:
1. Personal statement - what makes a good one? What should I include? I am majorly struggling with this. I was told my PS for med school sucked so I have concerns completing this one.
2. What activities should I include on ERAS? My school more or less told me to copy and paste the descriptions I gave on my MSPE.
3. Should/can I include BLS on my app? (Was told to put this on my CV)

I am getting nervous about this. Should I have my app ready on Sept 5 or the 15th?

As for the rest of my app: will have 2 FM, 2 Peds (potentially, I got some pretty harsh comments on my peds sub-i eval, although my advisor said this evaluator never would have agreed to write a LOR), and 1 OB to choose from. Not sure which ones I should use or which will really be strongest at this point.

Third year grades: 4 HP, 2 H, 1 P
Fourh year grades: 2 HP (both peds)

I just need some advice. With my school’s current issue with Hahnemann, I feel like I’ve gotten less than stellar advice thus far. Plus, a faculty advisor abruptly left, increasing the workload on the rest)

What do you mean by “harsh comments” on your sub-I evaluations?

What do you mean by “harsh comments” on your sub-I evaluations?

They were disregarded on my overall eval for the clerkship, but i got below expectations on a couple of spots by this one evaluator. This person said I didn't handle criticism well and had to be talked to "gently", meanwhile, on the actual evaluation I got far exceeds expectations... so these comments weren't considered.

Best advice I've heard regarding personal statements is...just don't have a bad one. Many people try to write this beautiful piece of literature or put way too much into it. Give it a sense of flow...have a beginning, middle and end. I'd be happy to look at yours if that would help.

Reactions: 1 user