I done good, huh fellas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah...strange transition that you register just shortly after he is banned and then start to bump all his threads.

Strange transition indeed.;)

I'll give you that. But as funny as I find the guy, I'm just not creative enough to actually be Misterioso. Plus I'm just not mean enough to personally attack people--and if you wanted to dig enough, it'd be pretty easy to find out my real name/med school/residency program, which I doubt Misterioso would have allowed to happen.

And Castro, I actually haven't the foggiest, but she is rather fetching, isn't she? In a Harlequin Romance kinda way. So I'll go with She-Ra in a bodice-ripper.

Guess it doesn't matter since she's got a bangin' bod!

Bernard Jaffe? the same fat one that needed a dedicated scrub nurse to dry his sweaty brow? The same one, who after sweating into open surgical sites, would have post-op infections called a Jaffylococcal infection?

Hmmm... So you're a veteran of Brooklyn or of New Orleans?

I'll give you that. But as funny as I find the guy, I'm just not creative enough to actually be Misterioso. Plus I'm just not mean enough to personally attack people--and if you wanted to dig enough, it'd be pretty easy to find out my real name/med school/residency program, which I doubt Misterioso would have allowed to happen.

I actually got curious one day and went back through his posts. It's surreal to see a quiet, deferential Misterioso who once posted innocuously about the merits of anesthesia vs. surgery (when a 2nd yr), and was deferential and stuff. Anyway, I found out he's from Indiana, but that's all I got.

I actually got curious one day and went back through his posts. It's surreal to see a quiet, deferential Misterioso who once posted innocuously about the merits of anesthesia vs. surgery (when a 2nd yr), and was deferential and stuff. Anyway, I found out he's from Indiana, but that's all I got.

I did the same thing, and it's actually funny to read his older posts and see how they change up to the point he got banned. The evolution of a troll.

Indiana?

Could he and Cheisu be one and the same?:scared:

Indiana?

Could he and Cheisu be one and the same?:scared:

It's been postulated before, but Cheisu is much less eloquent/funny than Misterioso. If it's the same guy then the Cheisu character is an extremely believable 16 year old jerk, but much, much less funny than Misterioso.

The problem is, Cheisu is a real 16 year old in Avon, Indiana, who's dumb enough to let himself be googleable in all of 5 seconds. (Incidentally he has the most hilarious, whitebread, non-goth name imaginable).

The person who writes Misterioso's posts is knowledgeable enough about the way a hospital works, and a surgical rotation, to be above 16.

So the mystery continues.

The problem is, Cheisu is a real 16 year old in Avon, Indiana, who's dumb enough to let himself be googleable in all of 5 seconds. (Incidentally he has the most hilarious, whitebread, non-goth name imaginable).

The person who writes Misterioso's posts is knowledgeable enough about the way a hospital works, and a surgical rotation, to be above 16.

So the mystery continues.

I just googled myself and was disappointed with the results. Apparently there are a whole bunch of people with the same name as me and all of them have more crap on the internet than I do. I thought it would be more me-oriented.

Members don't see this ad :)
<--- Case in point... was philosophically adamant about primary care, until I actually had to do it. If there was a "stabbing your eyes out" smiley, it would go here.

And Castro, I actually haven't the foggiest, but she is rather fetching, isn't she? In a Harlequin Romance kinda way. So I'll go with She-Ra in a bodice-ripper.

ohh well i ws just readin thru dis forum n i saw this post so i signed up cuz i wanted 2 let u no that it is a pic of an anime version of britney spears frm her music vid break the ice :oops:

ohh well i ws just readin thru dis forum n i saw this post so i signed up cuz i wanted 2 let u no that it is a pic of an anime version of britney spears frm her music vid break the ice :oops:

I read through this thread, albeit entertaining, to find out this is why it was bumped?

Poor grammar and Britney Spears.

I can't help but feel like he or she is still lingering around and laughing.

Majorly disturbed... first off, that my avatar was the cause of the resurrection of this thread, and that it's of Britney Spears... will change immediately.

As an aside, I actually don't think Misterioso was ever applying in surgery. I think he wanted to see how seriously this forum would take someone who embodied every single negative stereotype of the field.

Gents.

M'am.

Fellas, it's been a wild ride. Surgery internship has been what it's been. Been yelled at by the best, and given it right back (to the underlings that is). You hombres know what I'm speaking of. Got some real old schoolers 'round these parts. Them heavies won't hesitate to give you a good chewing out for showing up to rounds sporting a 5 o'clock shadow thinking you're Don Johnson or 'cuz your suturing's too slow and it's making 'em late to mail their alimony check.

Now I stepped up here with a bit of a 'tude myself and these cats sorted me out faster than an anesthesiologist thru a crossword puzzle. July 1, gents. First day, first lesson. Emergent appy coming up from the ER. Some prelim lightweight thought he was gonna scrub. He thought wrong.

Prelim: "Hey, I'm gonna go scrub in on the appy"

Me: "I'm categorical, you're prelim, you stay on the floors"

That's right gents, pulled rank.

Tried it again moments later in the OR.

As per usual, didn't introduce myself. Didn't need to. The swagger as I waltzed into the OR should've told them all they needed to know.

Me: "Size 8"

Circ: "What?"

Me: "Put size 8 gloves on the table"

Circ: "We don't have size 8 in this room, only 7.5, you can go to the next room and get..."

Me: "I'M A F&$#ing SURGICAL INTERN, YOU GET ME GLOVES THAT FIT!"

Big mistake, hombres...

I think it's either...

1) a different person who read the Ortho vs. GS thing and needed to beef up the pseudo-trolling in the Surgery forum. The voice sounds a little different, but I did like the alimony check bit.

OR

2) a development of the Misterioso character... butting heads with the ancillary staff and meeting resistance. This would be true genius. Nobody likes a static character. You want development, so I want to see how the plot thickens. It's like a serial novel, but you don't know when the next installment is coming out.

I think it's either...

1) a different person who read the Ortho vs. GS thing and needed to beef up the pseudo-trolling in the Surgery forum. The voice sounds a little different, but I did like the alimony check bit.

OR

2) a development of the Misterioso character... butting heads with the ancillary staff and meeting resistance. This would be true genius. Nobody likes a static character. You want development, so I want to see how the plot thickens. It's like a serial novel, but you don't know when the next installment is coming out.

u shud b thankin me for bumpin this thread or u wud ov neva gotten dis new misterioso character

Chubs,

Interesting story, but not quite as bad ass as my first year. I was a couple of steps ahead of you when I started.

Scrub nurses that respect you don't even need you to ask for your gloves size, they know just by looking at your hands.

First case, July 1st, intern year. I scrub and enter the OR by kicking the doors while my hands are wet and water is all over the floor and on my X-L pants (for my third leg and my 20 pound balls). Make eye contact with scrub nurse and roll slightly my eyes towards the glove box...
'Give me a 7.5 for the surgeon' she says,

Chubs, you're close but not there yet. You need to build up your confidence.
Good luck.