I did all of my prerequisites at community college

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SN1

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do still have a chance?
I will transfer to a rutgers university in spring 2012 and will take upper level classes such as biochemistry, anatomy, physiology, histology, microbiology, etc. I will be taking the MCAT in about 1-2 years depending when I will graduate(most likely in winter 2013)

I looked up every school's website and none of them mentioned anything about community college credits.

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You should be fine as long as you take upper level science classes at Rutgers. My question os why wait till you graduate rutgers to take the mcat when you have already taken the prereqs. The longer you are away from the prereqs, the harder the mcat will be. If you are done with Bio 1,2 Chem 1,2, organic 1,2 and physics 1,2...take the freaking mcat.

You should be fine as long as you take upper level science classes at Rutgers. My question os why wait till you graduate rutgers to take the mcat when you have already taken the prereqs. The longer you are away from the prereqs, the harder the mcat will be. If you are done with Bio 1,2 Chem 1,2, organic 1,2 and physics 1,2...take the freaking mcat.

At this point I have NO idea when I will be graduating so I don't know when to take the MCAT. Once I already know for sure when I will be graduating then I will start preparing for the MCAT.

If I do graduate in winter of 2013 then I should start submitting my application in summer of 2013 right? since I will be applying for the 2014 cycle? therefore I should take the MCAT in the spring of 2013 as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure I agree. First of all, is Rutgers accetping all the credits from the community college???

I'm not sure about the admissions committees at the podiatry schools at the present time, but as some of my prior posts, I AM aware of some people on admissions committees at medical and veterinarian schools. And they ABSOLUTELY notice if students took a lot of pre-reqs at community colleges or schools other than their "main" college/university.

These admission committees aren't stupid. They are fully aware that many classes such as organic chem are the classes that can cause a major drop in a student's GPA. Therefore, taking organic at a local community college is NOT going to be the same challenge as taking it at Dartmouth or even taking it at Rutgers.

If it didn't matter, all students would take this route to boost their GPA's.

For example, my daughter went to a top tier well known university and was NOT a pre-med major, but decided to take a chem course. Since it wasn't part of her major and an "extra" course, she took it over the summer at our local community college. She had ZERO science background and zipped through the course and it was a joke. If she took the same course at her university, I can assure you she'd be sweating bullets.

However, the quality of the courses and pre-reqs you took MAY come back to haunt you when you take the MCAT's. Make no mistake about it....there is a reason community colleges are community colleges and Ivy League schools are Ivy League schools. So even IF the pre-reqs are accepted, your background and prepartion MAY put you at a disadvantage when taking the MCAT.

Why didn't you just take your pre-reqs at Rutgers? Also you have to make sure you will be able to transfer your community college credits over to rutgers. I have a lot of friends that couldn't get any of their science classes transferred and had to re-take them. You should have taken your non-science classes at a community college and your important classes for Rutgers.

Why didn't you just take your pre-reqs at Rutgers? Also you have to make sure you will be able to transfer your community college credits over to rutgers. I have a lot of friends that couldn't get any of their science classes transferred and had to re-take them. You should have taken your non-science classes at a community college and your important classes for Rutgers.

There is a website called NJ Transfer and it says that all of my science courses are transferable toward my major. I have also spoken with one of the academic advisor at the Rutgers and he told me that as long as I received a grade of C or better then my credits will transfer over.
If I did NOT take any of my prerequisites at the community college then I won't be able to get an associate degree and transfer. There is a specific list of courses that are posted on NJ transfer that guide community college students that want to transfer to New Jersey state universities.
Once I transfer to Rutgers, I will be taking even tougher courses such as biochemistry, physiology, anatomy, microbiology, etc. How can I be taking the easy way out?. If I do fail all those classes at rutgers than you can say that I am incompetent of handling upper level courses.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I agree. First of all, is Rutgers accetping all the credits from the community college???

I'm not sure about the admissions committees at the podiatry schools at the present time, but as some of my prior posts, I AM aware of some people on admissions committees at medical and veterinarian schools. And they ABSOLUTELY notice if students took a lot of pre-reqs at community colleges or schools other than their "main" college/university.

These admission committees aren't stupid. They are fully aware that many classes such as organic chem are the classes that can cause a major drop in a student's GPA. Therefore, taking organic at a local community college is NOT going to be the same challenge as taking it at Dartmouth or even taking it at Rutgers.

For example, my daughter went to a top tier well known university and was NOT a pre-med major, but decided to take a chem course. Since it wasn't part of her major and an "extra" course, she took it over the summer at our local community college. She had ZERO science background and zipped through the course and it was a joke. If she took the same course at her university, I can assure you she'd be sweating bullets.

However, the quality of the courses and pre-reqs you took MAY come back to haunt you when you take the MCAT's. Make no mistake about it....there is a reason community colleges are community colleges and Ivy League schools are Ivy League schools. So even IF the pre-reqs are accepted, your background and prepartion MAY put you at a disadvantage when taking the MCAT.

First of all please do NOT generalize that all community college in the states are like the one your daughter attended to. The community college I went to is the best in NJ and our graduates have transferred over to prestigious universities such as cornell, upenn, columbia, tulane, and others.
I have also received numerous scholarships from a few of the universities I listed above.

PLENTY of students did all of their prerequisites in a community college and got into medical school. Now are you telling me that it is actually harder to get into podiatry rather than MD/DO?

I guess I will have to see how I will do in the MCAT.

Last edited:

FOCUS on the MCAT :thumbup:

If you do well on the MCAT (above average), this whole CC or undergrad issue shouldnt be a problem (hopefully).

Have you tried calling a few schools and asking?

Focus on that MCAT :thumbup:

If you do well on the MCAT (above average), this whole CC or undergrad issue will not be a problem.

Have you tried calling a few schools and asking this question?

I have NOT called any but I have been researching for months on this website and there are TONS of students who got into DPM/MD/DO/DMD/DDS, etc program after completing their prerequisites at community college.

I will definitely give some schools a call.

Thank you.

I have to disagree with PADPM on one thing. I don't think your at a disadvantage for the MCAT. What's more important is how you "individually" prepare for the MCAT, not what any school teaches you. However I have to agree with PADPM regarding admissions. I don't think it's fair that someone who takes his classes at a CC should be compared on the same level par as with someone who went to a university all 4 years. A person who achieves a 3.0gpa in a university should be accepted over a person who achieved a 4.0gpa at a CC. CC is definitely a lot easier than Rutgers and I don't think it's fair that some people take the easier route and end up getting accepted into medical school, while others suffer at a university and don't get in. However it's not your fault SN1, i blame the corrupt education system in this country. I personally think CC should be designed only for people wanting to go into a technical profession like medical assisting, nurses aide, pharm tech, but not for future physicians.

I have to disagree with PADPM on one thing. I don't think your at a disadvantage for the MCAT. What's more important is how you "individually" prepare for the MCAT, not what any school teaches you. However I have to agree with PADPM regarding admissions. I don't think it's fair that someone who takes his classes at a CC should be compared on the same level par as with someone who went to a university all 4 years. A person who achieves a 3.0gpa in a university should be accepted over a person who achieved a 4.0gpa at a CC. CC is definitely a lot easier than Rutgers and I don't think it's fair that some people take the easier route and end up getting accepted into medical school, while others suffer at a university and don't get in. However it's not your fault SN1, i blame the corrupt education system in this country. I personally think CC should be designed only for people wanting to go into a technical profession like medical assisting, nurses aide, pharm tech, but not for future physicians.

I am not trying to be disrespectful but seriously, do you think admission committees would pick someone with a 3.0 GPA at a 4 year uni with a 20 MCAT VS someone with a 4.0 GPA at CC with 24 MCAT?

How am I taking the easy way out when I will be taking upper level courses such as biochem, microbio, physiology, etc that are even TOUGHER than the prerequisites when I transfer over?

If I do fail those courses then you can deduce that I am in fact incompetent of handling 4 year university courses.

I have NOT called any but I have been researching for months on this website and there are TONS of students who got into DPM/MD/DO/DMD/DDS, etc program after completing their prerequisites at community college.

I will definitely give some schools a call.

Thank you.

Be sure to tell us what they say after you call them.

Best of luck :thumbup:

If i was the admissions committee I would take the 3.0/20 mcat university student over the 4.0/24 mcat CC student any day. However I'm glad schools like Rutgers do NOT avg. GPA'S together. When you enroll in University classes your GPA will be separate from CC, meaning if you have a 4.0 from CC, you won't start with that at Rutgers, you'll start with however you end up doing your 1st semester at Rutgers, and your GPA's will NOT be averaged out at the end when you graduate. I think this is very fair! Also this is a strong misconception, your pre-req classes are more important than upper level bio courses for many reasons...1) Being that pre-req courses are what prepare you for the mcat, 2) The most important class is Organic Chemistry, this is considered the make/break class for most pre-med students, and admission committees (if there bright enough), would expect you to challenge yourself and take it at a 4 year university. Can I ask how did you end up doing grade wise in your pre-reqs???

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
First of all please do NOT generalize that all community college in the states are like the one your daughter attended to. The community college I went to is the best in NJ and our graduates have transferred over to prestigious universities such as cornell, upenn, columbia, tulane, and others.
I have also received numerous scholarships from a few of the universities I listed above.

PLENTY of students did all of their prerequisites in a community college and got into medical school. Now are you telling me that it is actually harder to get into podiatry rather than MD/DO?

First of all, do yourself a favor and don't put words in my mouth. I never stated or even came close to implying that getting into podiatry school was tougher than MD/DO school. What I did state was that I don't know the in's and out's of podiatry school admission requirements, but I DO know people on the admission committees of medical and veterinary schools and as a general rule, they frown upon students who take a majority of their pre-reqs at community colleges. And I don't care which community college.

As far as generalizing, be careful, because you have no idea which community college my daughter attended for that one summer class. Her top tier school was VERY selective on what they would and wouldn't accept from ANY community college. Yes, ANY community college.

And if you're going to post ridiculous hypothetical situations, don't waste my time. There are exceptions to EVERY rule. I can assure you that you can count the amount of students graduating from community colleges who outperform graduates of more prestigious universities on the MCAT's on one hand.

My daughter's close friend graduated from a very prestigious university, but did NOT major in pre-med. After graduation, she decided that she wanted to go to medical school. As a result, she took ALL her pre-reqs at the local community college. This is a very bright girls who attended a top 20 university (not as a pre-med major) with a 3.7. She ACED all her pre-reqs at this community college, but didn't do very well on the MCAT's.

She only received one interview at one medical school and was subsequently accepted, but I think it MAY have helped that her brother is chairman of the admissions committee and assistant chairman of the dept of cardiology at that hospital. Remember, other than that program, she didn't obtain ONE interview.

Yes, podiatry school admission requirements are presently no where near as stringent as MD school, but don't keep telling me that the community college education is on par with any other university.

P.S. I wouldn't put Tulane in the same category as the other schools you've mentioned. Not even close.

Out of curiousity, is this community college Brookdale community college? If so it is indeed a fantastic community college. It's campus and facilities are better than some of the 4 year undergraduate universities and colleges I've seen in my lifetime.

The NJ tansfer program is a well known program which allows students from a variety of NJ community colleges to transfer into various 4 year NJ universities/colleges to get their bachelors degree. It's very helpful for students who come from disadvantaged backgrounds or who simply do not have the money to pay for 4 years worth of tuition at a 4 year NJ university/college.

I also attended a community college to take some science courses during my summers off from undergrad and even after I had graduated from college. I got accepted to every podiatry school I applied to.

YES sir:laugh: the one located in lincroft, NJ'

THANK YOU

If i was the admissions committee I would take the 3.0/20 mcat university student over the 4.0/24 mcat CC student any day. However I'm glad schools like Rutgers do NOT avg. GPA'S together. When you enroll in University classes your GPA will be separate from CC, meaning if you have a 4.0 from CC, you won't start with that at Rutgers, you'll start with however you end up doing your 1st semester at Rutgers, and your GPA's will NOT be averaged out at the end when you graduate. I think this is very fair! Also this is a strong misconception, your pre-req classes are more important than upper level bio courses for many reasons...1) Being that pre-req courses are what prepare you for the mcat, 2) The most important class is Organic Chemistry, this is considered the make/break class for most pre-med students, and admission committees (if there bright enough), would expect you to challenge yourself and take it at a 4 year university. Can I ask how did you end up doing grade wise in your pre-reqs???

I have taken 66 credits and am 1 semester away from being done with all of my prereqs. I just need to finish up calc II and physics II. I have a 4.0 on all of them.

Hmmm so you have taken all your important classes and more than half your credits required for a bachelors degree and have gotten a 4.0 in all of them. Something is definitely wrong, this will surely raise a red flag come admissions time. Brookdale=LOL, wasn't brookdale just recently in the news??? I think soooo, something had to do about hmmmmmm.....O that's right, the PRESIDENT got slammed for accepting perks...That sure is a great CC, isn't it?. You just made me laugh so hard. That school officially has a bad Rep. And i don't buy into that lame excuse,,"O well i don't have enough money for a 4 yr college"...Please save me the sob story that won't work, Rutgers is one of the cheapest state schools out there, plus ever heard of something called EOF, if your that poor, and there's plenty of financial aid, grants, loans, and scholarships to give to students to pay off an education. I don't but into that excuse, not 1 bit, Practically no1 can afford medical school, does that stop them? No, it doesn't. What really stops people for going to 4-yr colleges is that they had poor grades, SAT scores so they couldn't get in or they didn't get in the school of their choice. Even PADPM said he knows someone, who went to CC and got straight A's w/o even trying lol. It's like PADPM literally predicted the future. SN1 like i said, i'm not mad at you, i'm mad at the system. I certainly would not want my future physician to be some who spent 70+ credits at a CC, that's just me though. However i'm sure you'll get in pod school, since it's not as competitive as MD/DO/DMD, not even close. And sorry if my word usage boils your skin lol, I'm a conservative republican and very political. I tend to take the unpopular stances that no1 wants to here, and I've made many enemies. And Don't worry Temperature 101. Our education system is in a very sad state currently on par with 3rd world countries. SN1 will get into some pod school, why? B/c the education system has failed us, that's why.

Last edited:
Seriously...

Hmmm so you have taken all your important classes and more than half your credits required for a bachelors degree and have gotten a 4.0 in all of them. Something is definitely wrong, this will surely raise a red flag come admissions time. Brookdale=LOL, wasn't brookdale just recently in the news??? I think soooo, something had to do about hmmmmmm.....O that's right, the PRESIDENT got slammed for accepting perks...That sure is a great CC, isn't it?. You just made me laugh so hard. That school officially has a bad Rep. And i don't buy into that lame excuse,,"O well i don't have enough money for a 4 yr college"...Please save me the sob story that won't work, Rutgers is one of the cheapest state schools out there, plus ever heard of something called EOF, if your that poor, and there's plenty of financial aid, grants, loans, and scholarships to give to students to pay off an education. I don't but into that excuse, not 1 bit, Practically no1 can afford medical school, does that stop them? No, it doesn't. What really stops people for going to 4-yr colleges is that they had poor grades, SAT scores so they couldn't get in or they didn't get in the school of their choice. Even PADPM said he knows someone, who went to CC and got straight A's w/o even trying lol. It's like PADPM literally predicted the future. SN1 like i said, i'm not mad at you, i'm mad at the system. I certainly would not want my future physician to be some who spent 70+ credits at a CC, that's just me though. However i'm sure you'll get in pod school, since it's not as competitive as MD/DO/DMD, not even close. And sorry if my word usage boils your skin lol, I'm a conservative republican and very political. I tend to take the unpopular stances that no1 wants to here, and I've made many enemies. And Don't worry Temperature 101. Our education system is in a very sad state currently on par with 3rd world countries. SN1 will get into some pod school, why? B/c the education system has failed us, that's why.

Again I don't mean to argue with you and I fully respect your opinion on this. I am actually still not sure what I want to do yet. But I would like to work in the medical field.

When you are trying to transfer from a community college to a 4 year university most of the 4 year universities want transfer students to have at least 2 years of undergraduate work. It is almost impossible to avoid even half of the prerequisites if I would like to transfer to as a science major. I am not sure why having a 4.0 on all my classes will raise some red flags but I believe if I continue this grade trend at the university then I should be fine. Our president was replaced by someone else but I don't think you should say that our quality of education is reflected upon that. It is a completely different issue.

I understand that I should have attended a 4 year university straight out of high school but I was still trying to cope in this new environment. I am not trying to be defensive but I moved to the US at the age of 16 and had NO idea what I wanted to do. I did NOT really take my high school career seriously and I take full responsibility for that. I believe that people should be given a second chance and I have definitely shown that through my grades in my first 2 years at the community college.

Again I am NOT trying to argue. :laugh:

First of all, do yourself a favor and don't put words in my mouth. I never stated or even came close to implying that getting into podiatry school was tougher than MD/DO school. What I did state was that I don't know the in's and out's of podiatry school admission requirements, but I DO know people on the admission committees of medical and veterinary schools and as a general rule, they frown upon students who take a majority of their pre-reqs at community colleges. And I don't care which community college.

I have never met a person as narrow minded as you.

Last edited:

As far as generalizing, be careful, because you have no idea which community college my daughter attended for that one summer class. Her top tier school was VERY selective on what they would and wouldn't accept from ANY community college. Yes, ANY community college.

What college did your daughter go to? I am 100% positive I could get in. I recently took the SAT and scored a 2200.

And if you're going to post ridiculous hypothetical situations, don't waste my time. There are exceptions to EVERY rule. I can assure you that you can count the amount of students graduating from community colleges who outperform graduates of more prestigious universities on the MCAT's on one hand.

My daughter's close friend graduated from a very prestigious university, but did NOT major in pre-med. After graduation, she decided that she wanted to go to medical school. As a result, she took ALL her pre-reqs at the local community college. This is a very bright girls who attended a top 20 university (not as a pre-med major) with a 3.7. She ACED all her pre-reqs at this community college, but didn't do very well on the MCAT's.

I am not your daughter's friend and I believe that where you take your prerequisites is not an indicator of how you will do in the MCAT. It is how you prepared for the test.

Yes, podiatry school admission requirements are presently no where near as stringent as MD school, but don't keep telling me that the community college education is on par with any other university.
[/QUOTE]

If they are not on par then explain to me why there are TONS of prestigious universities that accept community college credits.

I don't understand why you despise the idea of community colleges.

Last edited:

I do not agree here. first, I just took a lot a prereqs at a cc and got into every school i applied to. Second, organic at the CC in my area used the same books and the exams were nearly the same in difficulty. The exception is the university had TAs teach lab vs the CC and the prof teaching lab too. The word CC did not even come up one except for one school, Temple. I agree that it is different in regards to md consideration, but not so much so in our world. Next, the OP will take upper level science classes at the university level. If the OP gets all As at the CC level and C and Ds at teh university level, a question may be asked. What are you talking about Ivy legue schools? So you need to go to a ivy league school to get into med/do/pod school. Not the case. Again, I do not recommend applying with only CC credits, but if your GPA and mcat are on par, you will still get in. I had over 60 science credits from a CC and they were harder than any most upper level science classes i took. (ex: hematoloy, clinical microbiology, clinical biochemistry, immunchemistry, immunohematology, etc) these were all CC level classes I took. Bottom line, as long as the GPA is near 3.0 and mcat is near 20, you will get in, regardless of where you took your prereqs.

I will not divulge where my daughter went to school, because that's simply none of your business. EVERYONE at her school had top SAT scores or they wouldn't have been accepted, in addition to high class ranks, etc.

In addition, my daughter was highly recruited for her athletic abilities, because these schools DON'T just look at one item since they are so competitive, they look at the entire package.

And I've already told you once not to put words in my mouth, and you've taken the liberty to do it again by saying I "despise" community colleges. That's a comment I've NEVER made.

So go ahead genius. You're the best and brightest. Hopefully one day our paths will cross.

You aren't in regards to md/do consideration. There is a scale that awarsd points based on how tough your undergrad was.For instance student A took physics at NW east state college and got a A. Student B took physics at MIT and got a B. Student B will be viewed equal to Student A due to attending a "harder" instituation.This came right out the mouth of adcom at my medical school interviews.Now, I am not sure if this is the case for pod school. Sorry, but it is the case.

This is why we have the mcat.

I will not divulge where my daughter went to school, because that's simply none of your business. EVERYONE at her school had top SAT scores or they wouldn't have been accepted, in addition to high class ranks, etc.

In addition, my daughter was highly recruited for her athletic abilities, because these schools DON'T just look at one item since they are so competitive, they look at the entire package.

And I've already told you once not to put words in my mouth, and you've taken the liberty to do it again by saying I "despise" community colleges. That's a comment I've NEVER made.

So go ahead genius. You're the best and brightest. Hopefully one day our paths will cross.

PADPm you are better than this. C'mon.

I am NOT putting words into your mouth. YOUR posts indicate your hate towards CC.

I am done arguing. You win PADPM. My head hurts from translating my first language to English.
Also your daughter is the genius, NOT me. You keep bragging about how great she is.
I am just an immigrant.

Last edited:
Go PADPM Go! I'm proud of you! Tell it like it is, like a true conservative! We should join forces and unite!

Price would be a big consideration especially for people who have already gone through a 4 year program once and have the loans to deal with etc so I would understand why someone would choose to go to a community college for their prereqs but you have to be realistic and at least acknowledge that you might not get the same quality of education and leave yourself at a disadvantage later for the MCAT and beyond.

Hope it all works out for you though.

I do believe this forum was created to help future medical student to obtain helpful information in a non hostel environment. I believe the SN1 was just trying to get some information, but it turned into a bashing and smashing of SN1 creditability as a student. So what if he took is pre-reqs at a CC and not at a University. This is doesn't make SN1 stupid or anything. I don't think its possible for two people to receive the shame education. It doesn't matter how the information is tough or where it was tough. It only depends on how the student retain it and use it. So if SN1 took is pre-reqs at a CC and is able to retain and use it properly than good for him. Stop hating people. :mad:

I am NOT putting words into your mouth. YOUR posts indicate your hate towards CC.

I am done arguing. You win PADPM. My head hurts from translating my first language to English.
Also your daughter is the genius, NOT me. You keep bragging about how great she is.
I am just an immigrant.

You may have done well in your science classes, but reading comprehension isn't your strong point. I didn't "brag" about my daughter, I was simply attempting to make a point that you apparently missed.

And once AGAIN you put words in my mouth by now stating that I "hate" community colleges. Before you stated I "despised" them.

Do us all a favor, and work on your reading comprehension and stop thinking for me. You have NO IDEA what I think, because apparently you've completely missed my point.

The word "hate" isn't in my vocabularly.

Stop hating people. :mad:

What are you talking about???? How did my comments regarding the education provided by a community college turn into "hating" people????

Give me a break.

You may have done well in your science classes, but reading comprehension isn't your strong point. I didn't "brag" about my daughter, I was simply attempting to make a point that you apparently missed.

And once AGAIN you put words in my mouth by now stating that I "hate" community colleges. Before you stated I "despised" them.

Do us all a favor, and work on your reading comprehension and stop thinking for me. You have NO IDEA what I think, because apparently you've completely missed my point.

The word "hate" isn't in my vocabularly.

You GOT IT! Reading comprehension is in fact my weakness.:laugh: I am improving though:laugh:

It is a fact that community college isn't as tough as a 4 year university. With that said, it is great that you got a 4.0. You just need to remove any other doubt that you can do well in professional school classes by continuing to do well at Rutgers and do well on the MCAT. Goodluck!

skyboy needs to get the **** off his high horse. If you HONESTLY care where your physician went to pre-med school, you really don't deserve to go to medical school. No one gives a crap which medical school you went to, and it extends down to which pre-medical school.

I'd take the 4.0/higher MCAT from CC over the 3.0/lower MCAT from a university any day. Why? The 4.0 clearly knows what he's doing on a NATIONAL STANDARDIZED TEST than the university person.

SN1, if you do well at Rutgers you may be able to get your way out of the CC issue.

The idiocy in this topic, especially from an attending, is hilarious. I can't wait to see your ego when you get proven wrong.

First off SN1 asked for an honest opinion, and me as well as PADPM gave him an honest answer. He didn't like it, argued, and started attacking us. This is typical liberal 101 tactics, you don't like something you hear, so you form a mob mentality and start attacking conservatives. Truth hurts, PADPM gave a concise and very clear view, SN1 didn't want to hear it, well too bad. And pfaction, i already know SN1 will eventually get into pod school, like i stated b4, the education system has failed us already.

First off SN1 asked for an honest opinion, and me as well as PADPM gave him an honest answer. He didn't like it, argued, and started attacking us. This is typical liberal 101 tactics, you don't like something you hear, so you form a mob mentality and start attacking conservatives. Truth hurts, PADPM gave a concise and very clear view, SN1 didn't want to hear it, well too bad. And pfaction, i already know SN1 will:mad: eventually get into pod school, like i stated b4, the education system has failed us already.

Yeah because everything is about liberals vs conservatives :rolleyes: Grow up.:smuggrin:

I like how skyboy is arguing conservative vs. liberal.

How is this a political debate?

I do believe this forum was created to help future medical student to obtain helpful information in a non hostel environment. I believe the SN1 was just trying to get some information, but it turned into a bashing and smashing of SN1 creditability as a student. So what if he took is pre-reqs at a CC and not at a University. This is doesn't make SN1 stupid or anything. I don't think its possible for two people to receive the shame education. It doesn't matter how the information is tough or where it was tough. It only depends on how the student retain it and use it. So if SN1 took is pre-reqs at a CC and is able to retain and use it properly than good for him. Stop hating people. :mad:

After reading the entire thread I think you may come to a different conclusion. Look at the title of the thread!!! It seems that the OP took special care to point out the CC portion of their credentials. If the OP didn't want people to give their opinions they should not have posted. Instead of taking the criticism and moving on the OP got defensive.

Last edited:
926495_o.gif

skyboy needs to get the **** off his high horse. If you HONESTLY care where your physician went to pre-med school, you really don't deserve to go to medical school. No one gives a crap which medical school you went to, and it extends down to which pre-medical school.

I'd take the 4.0/higher MCAT from CC over the 3.0/lower MCAT from a university any day. Why? The 4.0 clearly knows what he's doing on a NATIONAL STANDARDIZED TEST than the university person.

SN1, if you do well at Rutgers you may be able to get your way out of the CC issue.

The idiocy in this topic, especially from an attending, is hilarious. I can't wait to see your ego when you get proven wrong.

Proven wrong on what????

Let me make this very simple for those of you who don't get it;

1) I never stated that the OP would not get into medical school, DO school or podiatry school.

2) I DID state what I have been told by friends who serve on the admission committees of medical and vet schools, and that they DO look at the undergraduate schools. I also stated I have no idea what pod schools look at during their admission process.

3) I also stated that as a general rule, community college education is not on par with most major universities, though as in ANY case there are exceptions.

4) Each school, whether it is a community college or unknown private school will always have a student who is a diamond-in-the-rough and could have made it in any top tier school.

5) My views aren't liberal or conservative, they are simply my views.

6) I have been involved with education and training students, externs and residents for over 25 years and have a "little" experience, and know that when students take ALL their pre-reqs at a community college it is OFTEN looked at as an attempt at an "easy way out". I know this is NOT always the case, but is often PERCEIVED that way. And you often only have one chance to make a first impression.

I am going to call all 9 schools today and allay this issue.

First off SN1 asked for an honest opinion, and me as well as PADPM gave him an honest answer. He didn't like it, argued, and started attacking us. This is typical liberal 101 tactics, you don't like something you hear, so you form a mob mentality and start attacking conservatives. Truth hurts, PADPM gave a concise and very clear view, SN1 didn't want to hear it, well too bad. And pfaction, i already know SN1 will eventually get into pod school, like i stated b4, the education system has failed us already.

Attacking? I believe I clearly stated I respected your point of view. I was giving explanations to the things you mentioned about me having to take my prereqs at the 4 year school, my school having a bad reputation, etc.

Attacking? I believe I clearly stated I respected your point of view. I was giving explanations to the things you mentioned about me having to take my prereqs at the 4 year school, my school having a bad reputation, etc.

Can you please quote or point out the post where ANYONE said your school had a "bad reputation". Come on, please stop fabricating quotes and being a drama queen.