I am worried about my stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nanpatel86

Reaction score
Nbde 1,2 two attempts
Toefl 97
Worked at three dental offices for 2 years in US
ONE year home country clinical experience
40CE points
Hands on courses
Gpa 3.44
Worked one year as director for cadcam
1500 hrs community service
1700 hrs as Dental assisting in USA

What are my chances? Please help me, my weakness and struggle is toefl I can’t score above 100. Will it be major factor ?

Members don't see this ad.

Nbde 1,2 two attempts
Toefl 97
Worked at three dental offices for 2 years in US
ONE year home country clinical experience
40CE points
Hands on courses
Gpa 3.44
Worked one year as director for cadcam
1500 hrs community service
1700 hrs as Dental assisting in USA

What are my chances? Please help me, my weakness and struggle is toefl I can’t score above 100. Will it be major factor ?
Did you work at dental offices in US as an assistant or as a volunteer??

Members don't see this ad :)
Your GPA is low as they prefer GPA of 3.8 and above.....but you can do some additional fellowship programs to add on to your resume....have you done any research work that you can show??
What program are you targeting exactly? Coz it differs for each program and university

Your GPA is low as they prefer GPA of 3.8 and above.....but you can do some additional fellowship programs to add on to your resume....have you done any research work that you can show??
What program are you targeting exactly? Coz it differs for each program and university
No I do not have

Your GPA is not too low don't worry most programs say the average gpa of accepted candidates is 3.5 so you're not far off at all. You have great stats!! They take overall interest in the profession in high regard and yours shows. The only negative point on your CV I think is multiple NBDE attempts. But it's two so son't stress, there's people with 3+ attempts and I think the rest of your application makes up for it! APPLY!

Reactions: 1 user
Your GPA is not too low don't worry most programs say the average gpa of accepted candidates is 3.5 so you're not far off at all. You have great stats!! They take overall interest in the profession in high regard and yours shows. The only negative point on your CV I think is multiple NBDE attempts. But it's two so son't stress, there's people with 3+ attempts and I think the rest of your application makes up for it! APPLY!
Thank you doctor... will toefl 97 affect my chances

You have good chances to get an interview. Make sure, that you are able to communicate at an acceptable level during it to make a good impression

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you doctor... will toefl 97 affect my chances
I know they prefer 100+ but I have seen many people get interviews with high 90s. Don't stress too much, I think you have a pretty good chance for an interview! Like the person above said once you get an interview just prove you're able to hold a convo then to make them more confident in your toefl score. Good luck :)

You have good chances to get an interview. Make sure, that you are able to communicate at an acceptable level during it to make a good impression
Thank you doc.. I will go through common questions frequently asked

I know they prefer 100+ but I have seen many people get interviews with high 90s. Don't stress too much, I think you have a pretty good chance for an interview! Like the person above said once you get an interview just prove you're able to hold a convo then to make them more confident in your toefl score. Good luck :)
Yea doc

Members don't see this ad :)
Your stats is really good, I know someone who got accepted with 2.8 GPA and 94 TOEFL, with Attempts in NBDE so apply and I am sure your will get in somewhere! Good Luck

Your stats is really good, I know someone who got accepted with 2.8 GPA and 94 TOEFL, with Attempts in NBDE so apply and I am sure your will get in somewhere! Good Luck
Schools have started inviting .. I applied in April , do they take lot of time ? Normally

Schools have started inviting .. I applied in April , do they take lot of time ? Normally

Each school starts sends their invitation at different time, e.g. UIC, UPENN, UMN and IU already started

Do you know what school this person got accepted to?

Guys If any of you know about this it would be greatly appreciated...

So I graduated from a dental school in India and moved to America permanently. I have Letters of reach from my professors/dean but they are physically with me (signed/stamped/sealed). I just now noticed that the person who wrote the letter has to upload it onto the recommender portal. This seems impossible for me at this point I'd actually have to go back to India because I have no contact with them here. Are there any pother options apart from the recommender portal?? again the letters are sealed and with me in America
Thanks!!

So I graduated from a dental school in India and moved to America permanently. I have Letters of reach from my professors/dean but they are physically with me (signed/stamped/sealed). I just now noticed that the person who wrote the letter has to upload it onto the recommender portal. This seems impossible for me at this point I'd actually have to go back to India because I have no contact with them here. Are there any pother options apart from the recommender portal?? again the letters are sealed and with me in America
Thanks!!
Hello, most schools require these letters to be uploaded by professors and dean of your school into caapid. If this is not complete, your application cannot be considered as COMPLETE. Caapid will not process your caapid application to your designated Schools.... You should contact your school by phone and make this point clear

Does adding new work experience as on job training dentist or observation help after completion emails?

I received mail package from UPENN today . It scared the hell out of me

Thanks!!
You need to contact universities you want to apply to and ask