i am here to help out!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daagdar-saab

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Indian dentists/collegues/students,

Everyone who is interested in getting any info regarding study material etc for NBDE, wht all is needed and required..pls let me know.

I am willing to help out .
I was in the same situation some time back..and now its my turn to help everyone out there.

Pls pm me..
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Indian dentists/collegues/students,

Everyone who is interested in getting any info regarding study material etc for NBDE, wht all is needed and required..pls let me know.

I am willing to help out .
I was in the same situation some time back..and now its my turn to help everyone out there.

Pls pm me..
:)

iam just gathering info for my curosity:

I know MDs write USMLE and then apply for residency

But iam confused about Foreign Dentists

I heard some of them go to Dental School for 2-3 yrs here and from others i heard they do some post graduate course.

Can you give a broad outline as to what Foreign Dentists have to do to become Practicing Dentists here.

U have not mentioned whether u are already here..or in ur home country.
Are u already a student in some school in US?
Wht exactly u aim to do?..Where u want to practice?

In broad sense, Any FTD who comes from a non-english speaking country has to take toefl iBT.And then also take NBDE part 1 and 2.Most schools need only toefl and part 1 scores..however some need part 2 scores also..and some insist on u being a green card holder..or perm. citizen.

If u aim at MS courses u may be asked to submit GRE score too..Gen or a subject test..will have to chk with the school u r intrested in.Some schools may waive NBDE scores[ while applying only] for FTD.

U r req to undergo atleast 2yrs of dental schooling in an ADA accredited institution. This may vary acc. to diff. states in US. Will have to check with the state dental board.i mean where all u r interested in.

But before all this u need to get ur credentials from ur home country verified .
There are many evaluating agencies here..like ECE,WES etc. Most schools need ECE report.Again, u need to see the school's site for this.

Our marks are converted into GPA-which is out of 4.Most schools need a GPA above 3.

When u apply, u also need to submit ur SOP,ur reccos,ur CV,transcripts..etc

I hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi!
i am from india...starting withmy nbde prep'ion...got dental decks...i am currently in lucknow...help me how to begin the prep'ion i am targetting for may 2007...pls help...if u have any ohone nos where ever it may be ..it will b big help...thanks..gautam