Husson University School of Pharmacy 2010-11 Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gilgamesh19

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Just wanted to get a thread started for Husson Univ. for the 2010-11 application cycle. I am scheduled to interview on 10/22/10. Does anyone know how many people they interview each day?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got an interview

Last edited:
i've got one on nov. 19th!
how was your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be applying next year so I'll be sure to keep an eye on how every does this year. Good luck to everyone!

My interview is the 12th. I will be there from the 11-13 anyone want to share lodging? :)

I have a car and hotel reserved for that day. The hotels recommended by the school were all booked.

Last edited:
So I had my interview on 10/22/10. Overall, it went well. All the people involved with the program were very nice. It seems like everyone knows each other, even between P1, P2, P3 classes.

Interviews were pretty short. Essentially, we had a group discussion among all the applicants about a topic, then we wrote an essay on the topic. I was interviewed by a P1 and professor at the same time for around a 30min interview.

Good luck to everyone else interviewing, and be sure to update us on your status.

I interview on December 10. I have never interviewed for anything in my life, so I am quite nervous.

I Just applied to Husson tonight because I heard good things about it from another applicant at another pharmacy school so i thought i'd at least give it a shot. fingers crossed. :xf:

MY APPLICATION STATUS OUT OF ALL THE ACCELERATED 3 YEAR PROGRAMS I APPLIED to

South University-Savannah-interview 11/5-waitlisted
University of Maryland Eastern shore-interview 11/18-ACCEPTED 12/06/2010:)
Sullivan University-rejected
Pacific university in oregon-INTERVIEW 01/08-Waitlisted-tier 2
LECOM-ERIE-INTERVIEW 01/18-accepted and attending:love:
MCPHS-Worcester-hold until fall grades
Appalachian College of pharmacy-interview 03/12-declined interview

MY APPLICATION STATUS OUT OF ALL THE TRADITIONAL 4 YEAR PROGRAMS I APPLIED to:

Western New England College of pharmacy-interview 12/03-accepted 01/05/201:)
University of New England-interview 03/25-accepted:)
Husson University-interview 03/21-rejected
Presbyterian College-interview 01/18-declined interview
University of Oklahoma-rejected
Nova-canceled interview
Mercer-canceled interview
Long Island University-interview 02/03-waitlisted
Lipscomb-rejected
Belmont-rejected
Idaho state university-rejected

Last edited:
so anyone here got accepted yet? I received an acceptance offer.

Last edited:
I thought Husson didn't send out acceptance offers until March. Congratulations!

i just got an interview invitation with husson on February 4th. anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
i
I Just applied to Husson tonight because I heard good things about it from another applicant at another pharmacy school so i thought i'd at least give it a shot. fingers crossed. :xf:

MY APPLICATION STATUS OUT OF ALL THE ACCELERATED 3 YEAR PROGRAMS I APPLIED to

South University-Savannah-interview 11/5-DEFERRED UNTIL MARCH :( but:xf:
University of Maryland Eastern shore-interview 11/18-ACCEPTED 12/06/2010:):laugh:
Sullivan University-still waiting
Pacific university in oregon-INTERVIEW 01/08-:xf:
LECOM-ERIE-INTERVIEW 01/18:xf:
MCPHS-Worcester-hold until fall grades
Appalachian College of pharmacy-application submitted 12/15/2010

MY APPLICATION STATUS OUT OF ALL THE TRADITIONAL 4 YEAR PROGRAMS I APPLIED to:

Western New England College of pharmacy-interview 12/03-accepted 01/05/2011:laugh::love:
University of New England-application submitted 12/18/2010
Husson University-interview 02/04/2011:xf:
Presbyterian College-interview 02/01/2011-declined
University of Oklahoma-still waiting
Nova-still waiting
Mercer-still waiting
Long Island University-still waiting
Lipscomb-still waiting
Belmont-interview 01/28/2011-declined interview

Hello,

I have my interview on 24th of January and would like some feedback (general comments,tips on Case Study, Essay format, etc...) from those who got accepted already and those who interviewed already. I really appreciated it. Thanks in advance.

hey all, i'm from northern new jersey and wondering how long does it take to drive to bangor, maine? should i drive or fly there? all comments are welcome and appreciated thanks

Hello,

I have my interview on 24th of January and would like some feedback (general comments,tips on Case Study, Essay format, etc...) from those who got accepted already and those who interviewed already. I really appreciated it. Thanks in advance.

hey how was your interview at husson? i have a interview with husson on february 4th, not sure if i should turn it down last minute since i already got into lecom-erie and will be attending there. what do you think? good luck and thanks

Does anyone else have an interview for Feb 21st? I'm from southern California, so it's a far travel for me, and I don't know how the weather conditions in Maine are this time of year. I'm kind of afraid if there is bad snow. I'm deciding whether I should decline the interview or not. :/

Does anyone else have an interview for Feb 21st? I'm from southern California, so it's a far travel for me, and I don't know how the weather conditions in Maine are this time of year. I'm kind of afraid if there is bad snow. I'm deciding whether I should decline the interview or not. :/

i just turned down my feb 4 interview today

I got an interview invitation for FEb 11 anyone else the same day?
Can someone that got interviewed please share their experience,questions and how long did it take?

Hey Guys I got an interview on the Feb 21. I emailed Ms.Card about it and I haven't heard anything back from her. Did it take her a few days to get back at you ? Or was I suppose to call her and let her know I accepted the invitation?

I just heard back from her after I emailed a couple of times..Im scheduled on the 11 of Feb

Ok, I'll email her again. Thanks for the reply. Good luck on the interview!!:)

Has anyone received an acceptance letter yet? just wondering how long did it take for them to answer back.

Has anyone received an acceptance letter yet? just wondering how long did it take for them to answer back.

You don't receive one until all interviews are completed. Probably late March.

Oh really cause i thought they are making offers through out the process.
so wait didnt u get one from husson.I thought thats what u said on your previous post.
Thanks 4 the feedback

Oh really cause i thought they are making offers through out the process.
so wait didnt u get one from husson.I thought thats what u said on your previous post.
Thanks 4 the feedback

Yes, I did receive an offer, but we were told at the interview that decisions will be made in March. I was surprised too.

I just got an early acceptance to Husson, I interviewed on 01/31.

Hello Everyone,

I am a P1 student at Husson. After reading your messages on here, I thought I could clarify a few things to you. Early Decision Acceptance offers have been made to a few competitive applicants. However, there are still many seats available and the selection of the overall pool of applicants will not take place until the end of March or beginning of April. We are still holding interviews all the way until the end of March. I know many of you may be anxious right now but try to keep busy in the mean time until you hear something.

For those of you who would like to know a little bit more about Husson from a student's point of view, rest assured that you are taking interest in a very good school with a very unique program. The curriculum is very challenging but interesting nonetheless. The professors, who teach here, all got their doctorates at top ranked schools. You will also see that the students and the faculty members are all close like one tight knit family. It's not that everyone knows everyone. We all came into this program not knowing anyone, especially the out of state people. However, we've all built this long-lasting friendship with each other, which is something you will value for the rest of your life.

As for the weather, it is starting to get warm again. We haven't had snow for several weeks now and all of the old snow is starting to melt away. The summer's here are really nice. Last summer, it went above 90 degrees F. Bangor, Maine is a good place to live because it's quiet. You can actually focus on your studying and not have to worry about distractions. Another thing that I have noticed is that time really flies by fast and I am sure that the next 3 years will be here soon enough. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Good luck to everyone!

icon1.png

I have an interview on 2/28. Anyone else has interview on that day? Any feedback from previous interviews are appreciated..

I am sending my deposit to husson today, needs to be in by thursday to save my spot for next year. any good off campus apartments nearby?

i'll have my husson interview on 03/21 (rescheduled from 02/04) and university of new england 03/25. this is my spring break week and road trip in maine from monday to friday. does anybody have any suggestion and feedback from the interview? I spoke to Kristen and she said the decisions will be sent out in the first week of april. good luck everyone and congrats on everyone who got accepted already through early decision. thank you in advance for any feedback

i'll have my husson interview on 03/21 (rescheduled from 02/04) and university of new england 03/25. this is my spring break week and road trip in maine from monday to friday. does anybody have any suggestion and feedback from the interview? I spoke to Kristen and she said the decisions will be sent out in the first week of april. good luck everyone and congrats on everyone who got accepted already through early decision. thank you in advance for any feedback

its not a bad looking school, its not as nice lecom or pcom. easier interview than both of those schools, simple writing sample, one page tops, just be clear. Im still waiting to hear back from LECOM and Ferris state university. and just got into PCOM-Ga SoP today so I may ask for my deposit back. but overall Husson is a very nice school.

Sending my deposit to husson got in my early admission letter :))))):love:

does anyone know how much an apartment close to Husson would cost?

I'm heading for an interview on Weds. Does anyone know if how many spots are left? Anyone have an interview for Weds, too?

I was looking at the room and board fees.Its not bad for a private school.

Im trying not to live on campus, they is more freedom to do what I would like( as in no University housing rules and such) and should be cheaper. but im from michigan and dont know the area or the cost of living.

Im trying not to live on campus, they is more freedom to do what I would like( as in no University housing rules and such) and should be cheaper. but im from michigan and dont know the area or the cost of living.

I see what u r saying Im from CT.I am not familiar with the area :(

How much money can we get to pay for school? I did my fafsa and it only shows the direct stafford loan in the full amount but thats still less than the cost of attendance and housing :/ someone pm me with how much we can get in loans and how.

I'm just concerned about the whole accreditation thing. I was wondering if we can get a job after graduating cause i dont think im gonna be working in maine after graduating

I'm just concerned about the whole accreditation thing. I was wondering if we can get a job after graduating cause i dont think im gonna be working in maine after graduating

They a\have candidate status which means they did not have a graduating class yet.Usually when they have candidate status schools get approved.They expect to get accredited in 2013 I think.

did anyone hear back from husson yet? they told us at the interview that they will send out the decisions this week

yeah, two months ago. :banana: but i dont know if im still going to go there. im four spots away from getting into the university that im at now:beat:

yeah, two months ago. :banana: but i dont know if im still going to go there. im four spots away from getting into the university that im at now:beat:

you did early decision. all regular decisions will be released this week. do you know if they sent out emails or mails or both?

you did early decision. all regular decisions will be released this week. do you know if they sent out emails or mails or both?
Hello,
I had an interview last month and I haven't heard back yet but I think they send out both mails and e-mails

Hi everyone, Is there anyone has been accepted into Husson? I am curious, just want to know what is your status? Thanks!

Hello,
I had an interview last month and I haven't heard back yet but I think they send out both mails and e-mails

thank you. i got accepted into UNE THIS past monday. i interviewed at UNE on march 21st. interviewed at husson at march 21st. I'm waiting to hear from husson and i know they are not rolling admission. they said they will send out all decisions this week. good luck. I doubt i'm going to UNE BECAUSE i got accepted into LECOM-ERIE-MY top choice. I'm just debating i should go to the mercer interview on april 29th considering they invited me to interview this late. good luck with you and congrats on getting accepted to UNE AS well.:xf: