Husbands of doctors?

carcrazyguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any husbands of med-students or doctors here? I have a few questions please! THANKS

Members don't see this ad.

I can ask my own carcrazyguy if you'd like.... I am an MS-I and he better be my fiance soon!! :)

What is/was social life during school? I know that we will not have a lot of time together for a while when my wife gets in school. I am more of a home-body than a party animal. But I hope that we might get time to go to a movie once in a while. Heck maybe a car show once in a while as well. :laugh: Anyway I just was curious. THANKS

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry, you'll have time to do things occasionally. I'm an MSIII and I actually surprised my husband this weekend by coming home (I'm doing an away rotation). We went out last night for a friend's birthday.

Well, I am not a husband, but I am a wife of a MS2 (yeah!!).

Most of what will decide how much time you get together....will be her and her study needs. My hubby does not strive for straight As in order to have time together and time to go out and have fun.

We also didn't have children (though I am prego now), so that meant it was easier for us to go out and party, play, see movies, etc. Honestly, if we had wanted to, we would have had enough time almost nightly to go see a movie.....except during finals.

What he did was give me a schedule of his whole quarter so that I knew when major tests were coming up and could plan on NOT having time right before then. But honestly, we get about as much time together as we did when he was in undergrad.

I am in touch with some of the male spouses, and they mostly say the same thing (except for the one who watches their 3 kids...including twins!).

Good luck......its all priorities but there is fun to be had and I have loved our time in med school so far much more then I thought was possible.

With smiles,
Wifty

LOL Thanks! Due Jan. 8 (Elvis, David Bowie, and Stephen Hawking share the date....so might end up with a really interesting child! lol).

It took us 3.5 years of trying and we basically had given up hoping....so it was a nice surprise. :)

To keep this on topic: Many of the spouses with kids DO see their students quite a bit - again just priorities.

Which is good considering that 9 babies were born during the first year....and 16 due to be born this 2nd year! LOL Something to be warned about. :)

With smiles,
Wifty