Human Physiology Minor for a PT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ivann92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a freshman in a combined 6 year Health Studies/ Physical Therapy program at Boston University, meaning that I am already in the DPT program. I am considering minoring in human physiology because I have some AP credits. What is the value of a human physiology minor after I have graduated with a DPT? What is the value of it on the job market and for further education (i.e. specialization or PhD)? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am a freshman in a combined 6 year Health Studies/ Physical Therapy program at Boston University, meaning that I am already in the DPT program. I am considering minoring in human physiology because I have some AP credits. What is the value of a human physiology minor after I have graduated with a DPT? What is the value of it on the job market and for further education (i.e. specialization or PhD)? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

There is no practical value to your undergrad once you have the DPT. You could have majored in interpretive dance for all your employers and clients care.

If you intend to get a PhD, it will matter. But, you won't need the DPT to go for the PhD.