HSCP and Post-Bacc candidates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blueshirts

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any active people on this board have experience as a post-bacc student looking for the scholarship? I would love to hear your stories

Members don't see this ad.

I did a post-bacc 2 years after graduating (career changer) to Army HPSP. Feel free to PM me any questions

Last edited:
I did a post-bacc five years after graduating college and am currently in my 2nd year of dental school on HSCP. Two years post-bacc, applied during the last year, accepted HSCP the spring heading into dental school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did a post-bacc five years after graduating college and am currently in my 2nd year of dental school on HSCP. Two years post-bacc, applied during the last year, accepted HSCP the spring heading into dental school.
Did you prioritize the hscp scholarship over hsps when applying for scholarships? I'm wondering if making it known to a recruiter that I prefer the HSCP if it will be beneficial for selection

Did you prioritize the hscp scholarship over hsps when applying for scholarships? I'm wondering if making it known to a recruiter that I prefer the HSCP if it will be beneficial for selection
Yes, I did. HPSP and HSCP are both super competitive, but I have to imagine that there are fewer people who prioritize HSCP since it makes less sense for a lot of people, comparatively.

I did a post-bacc 2 years after graduating (career changer) to Army HPSP. Feel free to PM me any questions
I was told that the Air Force HPSP scholarship would not look at post-back or non-degree grades, just ones undergrad GPA. Is there any truth to this? Do you think there may be different requirements between air force and army?

I was told that the Air Force HPSP scholarship would not look at post-back or non-degree grades, just ones undergrad GPA. Is there any truth to this? Do you think there may be different requirements between air force and army?
It's totally possible, depending on the classification of your postbacc itself. Mine was classified as undergraduate because I didn't receive a degree out of it, whereas I know most grade-booster postbaccs award an MS or the like because you are taking graduate level classes. So I suppose that it would depend upon your unique situation.