HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SuperCooper_1997

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I wanted to know if the HPSP was still available for podiatry students. If so, are podiatry students only accepted into certain branches? Is the scholarship for 3 or 4 years? The only information I've been able to find on here is a few years old. If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The Airforce has 1. And I think literally only one spot. It can be quite competitive to get. I'd suggest reaching out to your local airforce medical recruiter.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks! Any idea if there are more offered in the other branches? Specifically navy?

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the Navy HPSP back in 2009, when I applied they only had hscp available (or it is hcsp?), anyway, after I applied they opened 2 hpsp slots that year so I was fortunate enough to get one. I heard recently that the Navy decided to cut back their active duty billets from about 25 to 17, so sounds like they are in cutback mode right now. It paid for tuition and health insurance, plus 24k per year to live on for 2 of the 4 years of pod school. In return I served 3 years active duty. It's a small career field in the military so you may have to do some aggressive searching to figure out what's available. Look into Army, Navy, Air Force. Fort Bragg and Madigan residency programs used to be connected, not sure about now.

Reactions: 1 user